Recommended RF amp for 2 t1's

Unregistered guest
i'm looking to get 2 Rockford T1 Subs installed and am tearing my hair out trying to get an answer somewhere of the best amp to power them. The P8002 is 2400W max as both speakers would be but not at the same ohms. (BTW would i want 2 ohm or 4 ohm subs, they're the same price) What would be the best amp to get these up to full power but iwthout the risk of blowing one or both? I posted this a a MB on another site and the topic was removed with a note to match the RMS rating of the amp to the subs but I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING and would hope for some friendly advise from anyone at this point. Thank you,Mr. Frustrated and Embarrassed.

Unregistered guest
Additional info:
2 12" subs @ 600W EA. RMS
1200 Max EA. for 2400W total of both Max
2 or 4 ohm
Sealed box in trunk of 93' buick park ave.

I'm looking mostly for reliability but I sure as heck wanna be able to impress with this considering the major $$$ that's into it. Already got a RF amp T15004 powering the door speakers and 6x9's
I know enough (from talking to a guy at best buy!!) to know to bridge them. I'm just a blonde 19 yr. old with money but no knowledge. Sorry for the idiot newbie post but I don't wanna waste my money and i want a system that'll last a good long time, with maybe rare updates here and there.
One more thing, Dynamat? I know I should just sit down and study everything for a few hours but i don't have a lot of time with a full time job and college so if you could help me with that (Do I need it? What do I need to do with it?) stuff it would totally rock. Thank everyone a million in advance, Dave.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 143
i would use the t1000 and use the 4 ohm dvc model since this amp is 1 ohm stable. that amp would give you 1000 watts rms if you wire the subs to the amp in a series/parallel configuration. the p8002 is a 2 channel amp you would be better off with the the 1 channel t1000. since both f your subs are 600 rms this amp would fit you best.

Unregistered guest
Thanks. Even though I said RF amp in the title, any amp that boost quality and reliability will do. I didn't mean to restrict it to just Rockford amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us