Electrical Problems

Username: Rmike21561

Maryland USA

Post Number: 10
Ok, I am having trouble with some options in my 2002 explorer. I already had to have the module that controls the automatic lights replaced...not cheap. Also, I have gone through three new ignition switches (the engine still runs even when the key is off and out.) The Ford dealer thinks it has to do with my system. I am no expert @ this but I know how to wire a system. (Alpine Head Unit, Hifonics 1500D Amp, and 2 Type R 12 subs) Is there anyone that has ever heard of this happening?

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 77
i think maybe its had a remote starter installed at one time and its activating somehow
however the lights thing could be due to a shorted out "dimmer" wire behind your deck

Bronze Member
Username: Rmike21561

Maryland USA

Post Number: 12
Did some research. No remote starter. Someone told me that the alternator might not be putting out enough amps to run everything with the stereo causing certain units to malfunction. Although, the stock alternator is a 130 amp alternator. The Hifonics amp is 120amp max. So, before I get a new alternator does anyone think this could be the route of my problems?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us