Power connections to SPLX amp.

Username: Ampuserone

Post Number: 1
hi there, i've acquired a cheapie 150W SPLX amp from eBay. SPLX don't seem to have a website. power connections offered are batt+ and rem+ and gnd-. batt+ and gnd- are obvious. my best guess would be that batt+ should be switched and rem+ permanently connected: is this correct? (I'm guessing rem+ stand for remain or some such) and might be used to power a fan after switch off - am I along the right lines or can both power batt+ and rem+ be switched together...? cheers sVitteUpload

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 164
"rem" stands for remote and should be connected to the remote lead off your head unit. When your head unit comes on voltage will be applied which will turn on your amp. Connect "batt+" directly to your battery with at least 10 gauge wire(8 gauge would be better) and a fuse of equal or slightly greater value than whats in the amp within 18" of your positive battery terminal. You also need to run a short ground wire of the same size as your power wire to a bare metal part of the chassis as close to the amp as possible.

-Fishy

Juggalo Jeff
Unregistered guest
is that a thump amp that looks like a pos thump amp i had at one time
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us