What speakers and box for this amp?

Username: Crazyc_37115

Madison, TN U.s.

Post Number: 1
whats up?

this is my first post and i have been having problems with my stereo system ever since i got my ford focus zx5

i have a 2 channel 900 watt rockford fosgate 301s amp with 2 10 inch mtx thunder 6000's dual voice coil subs

my head unit is a amp (301s)

2 10 inch mtx thunder 6000's dual voice coil subs

i have a Sony CDX-M630 head unit

i have a bandpass box that was purchased off ebay

i recently got my amp hooked up and it was getting REALLY hot so i took it by the place that installed it and they tweaked the gain they said i could need some different speakers or a different box. my speakers stopped working today and i am very frustrated.

i'm wondering what 10 inch speakers would work well with my amp and what kind of box should i get?

thank you!!

p.s. the wire from my box to my speakers is small but all my other equipment is good

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 137
i think you were right about those 6000's from my experience they work better in sealed boxes. well 2 10 inch cerwin vega v max's would work well with that amp heres a link to where you can purchase them make sure you get the dual 4 ohm version. http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct.asp?id=cwvmx10svc you can go sealed or ported for the box its up to your liking of what kind of bass do you want. just let that shop match them up for you.

Username: Crazyc_37115

Madison, TN U.s.

Post Number: 2
yeah the guy at the shop suggested a ported box

one of my speakers is blown so i am only running 1 10 inch sub in that box. i'm just going to have to deal with it for awhile until i can get some money together

he also suggest a diamond sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us