Kicker Solobaric X vs. JL Audio W7

Unregistered guest
Have any of you seen or heard the new solobaric x in action. Ive heard both the W7 and the SOLOX, and definatiely I voted for the SOLOX. It was like 5 times louder and cleaner. What do you people think.

check out the solobaric x if you havent seen it yet at kicker.com

Username: 01gsxr

Post Number: 45
EArthquake, my friend has two 12x in a lincon ls with 2 rockford bd1000. I had just picked up a pair of 13w7, becose my friend who works for me had 2 12w7 mith Bd1000 and I have to say the Jl hit harder. I mean you could notice the diff. But they were in to diffrent typs of cars and two diffrent type of boxes so who realy nows. But i garenty thers no way in hell a 12x is 5 times louder then a 12w7, and if so the w7 eather didnt have 1000 wts rms or the wronh box, both make a huge diff. I would take a jl over a kicker any day.

Username: Josh_heller

Post Number: 22
I agree, JL are much better than kicker. Kicker has their flashy designs, and shi t, but JL has real performance. I have a 10W7 and that think just never quits. It sounds beutiful and i have had it for a year now, and it still blows my mind when i hear it.

Username: Daniel_s

Post Number: 12
i don't know what keith listend to but isn't the solox an 18 inch! You must have been listening to an l5 or l7.

Post Number: 46
daniel the kicker x came out with the 18 first but now the 12 and 10 are avaible. I herd to 12 kicker x in a lincon ls Like I sed before, check out kicker.com they make um. The w7 were in a lexus is. And that thing hit hard, hade to be in the 150s spl. If your going to compare the 18x to jls 12 or 13 I would hope they would be 5 times louder becouse if not thats sad. That kicker 18 is sick when it comes to spl but its no way as clean and tight as a 12 or 13w7. a kicker 12 x cant compare to a jl 12w7 hands down. thers a lot of speakers that are better then the w7 but not a 12 kickerx.

Post Number: 47
Also daniel dude kicker dosent make a 15 0r 17 for there x line of subs. Where the Hell do you get your info from?????

Unregistered guest
You may be right about the W7's, but remember that kicker enineered the x's with incredible power handaling. A 1000bd is considered nothing for the SOLOX. How can you expect a horse to run to his maximum capcity, if you only feed him half pound of alfalfa a day? Remember, The 12X has a power handaling of 2,500 watts rms. Two X's together would make a power handaling of up to 5,000 watts rms. The 1000bd is definately not feeding them enough power. Another thing that I do agree with you is that The box also makes a huge difference. The SoloX was engineered for a very specific type of box and size. It must meet all it's prerequisits in order to perform at it's best.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 687
power handling is merely a thermal rating.
if the mechanical efficiency of the sub is poor, it'll take a lot of power to make it do anything.
look at it this way. Audiobahn subs are rated for like 2Kwatt, and MA Audio makes a sub rated to take 10Kwatts. You couldn't give me subs made by either company and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that a 13W7 would clobber both the audioblah and the ma audio.
Now, that being said, I am not saying that's the case for the kicker sub. JL and Kicker both make good subs, though I do very much like the 13W7s when paired with a JL 1000/1 for each W7.
the other keys to comparing these subs are the boxes used for each sub, the type of car, the rest of the system design, and, as you noted, each sub needs to get it's ideal power from good amplifiers.
the vehicle also has to have an electrical system up to the task of driving the behemoth amplifiers for these power hungry subs.

hard to compare the two subs outside of a "lab" type setting i guess is my point here.
without ideal, and controlled settings, you can't quantitatively say one is really better than the other when both are of high quality.

Username: Daniel_s

Post Number: 13
oh keith thats L5 and L7 and thankz for the new info on the solo x i thought it was still an 18" only

Post Number: 53
Ya dan they come in 10 and 12 now, that 18 looks sick thou, 10,000 wats mak power to. thats a lot of power. That 18kickerx has to bang hard. but like wolf sed with oll that power its still only going to hit so much. oll these new speakers handling 1000 wats and up are i think getting out of control. I was hitting 149.6s with 3 old jl12w6 with an alpine 1507 and still
fried one of my subs, and that was ownly 300 wats a sub. I think Its alla money making buiss becouse with that 1000 wat sub you need a 1000 wat amp and thats where it really hearts. But I still went out and bought 2 13w7, so I guess its jerks like me that keep companys like jl in buis.
I cant wait to here them, I hope they hit harder then my 3 w6s. If not im in bbbiiiggg trouble!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Newb

Post Number: 70
haha im sure it will, even a single 8w7 hits hard lol

Post Number: 71
The w7 will be in a seald box, so I hope they still hit hard and smooth, If I can get In the 150spl and sound realy smooth then I will feel like I got my moneys worth ,I have my fingers x.

Post Number: 738
with a 13W7?
it could happen

Post Number: 74
Thanks wolf you have answerd alot of my questions , Im realy thank full thanks. there will be 2 13w7 I dont no if you new that or not, what do you think 150spl with 2 in a seald box with 2 jl 1000/1.

Anonymous

your lucky, keith, glasswolf helped you out a lot , and im happy for you. He is very wise in the car audio field, but i asked him a simple question about my HU and he didnt give me a straight answer. GW, i understand that this is not taco bell, and i dont stand in line to pay you so one of my personal needs can be fullfilled, but i see post after post of answers you give to random people on this site that completely solves their problems and i have not had that pleasure yet. I know i sound like a homeless bum, but all i want is a simple answer. In case you forgot, my question was where to connect the +12V and constant power wire to my HU in my 2002 sable

Post Number: 751
you should be in the 150dB range with 2Kw on a pair of 13W7s.
great SQ, too.

Anon, I did answer you, very directly. you were apparently unable to follow those directions.
again, this is your answer:
Constant 12V+ (Memory) Green/Yellow
Switched 12V+ (Ignition) Yellow/Black
these are the wire color codes to the harness behind the radio in the dash, where the factory radio was previously.
I can't state it any more clearly or simply than that.
I'm sorry if that answer hasn't been satisfactory to you but yes, this help I offer is free, and on top of that I've had the flu all weekend and barely been out of bed. After three organ transplants, my immune system isn't so great, and when I get sick, I get f'ing sick. Now, between bouts of vomiting and a lot of miserable attempts at sleep, and not eating, I've tried to assist you.
Guilt trip? no. Reality? yes.
As I suggested in the other thread regarding your problem, if what I said hasn't helped, then go to a reputable car audio shop (not best buy, a real shop) and have a qualified installer straighten out the wiring problems. It should be a minimal fee to do it, and it'll be done right, from the head unit back to the factory amplifier you're trying to use. It should also make your head unit work properly for a change.
best of luck.

Anonymous

I WILL TAKE KICKER ANY DAY.2 KICKER WILL BLOW OUT 4 JL AUDIOS.

Post Number: 767
I think something blew out your caps lock key, too.

Post Number: 77
Anon what makes you say something so stupid?.

Anonymous

I have 3 JL Audio 13W7s in a selaed enclosure powered by 3 1000/1 and boy do they give out a good quality bass sound. I've heard the 18X but it was in an escalade and I have a small car so I can't compare but I'm gonna stick with the one and only JL Audio. Ahead of the Curve!!!!

Username: Zen936

Post Number: 25
Hmm... If kicker was good, why didn't they think that square subs would have stress points and won't last as long as round subs? I think the solo barics are test designs. Unless, they didn't want their subs to last long or else people would not buy anymore of their stuff!

I've heard all good stuff about JL Audio in here. Imagine a whole sound system totally devoted to them... *Drool*

Post Number: 824
the square subs give you more surface area with the same box volume. that translates to a higher SPL for the subs, with equal Xmax.
The problem as you noted though, is cone flex and stress on the surrounds, which tend to unravel after hard use.
Anyway it all depends what you're after I guess.
SPL, SQ, Longevity...
both companies are good. Given the choice, I'd take the JLs.

Anonymous

What do U guys think about the Type R's, good for being on a budget such as myself? These are 10" Type R's that we are talking about.

Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 52
type r's are definately not bad speaker...just never use them in any spl use or anything like that

they cannot campare to kickers or jl audio....but theyre still good subs to go with when ur on a right budget

i wish i saved and got a brahma 12" instead of my crappy audiobahn....sigh...oh well live and learn the hard way right guys?

Post Number: 853
Brahmas are badass subs :-)

Unregistered guest
im deciding on 2 audiobahn natural sounds 1251t or natural excursions AW121T or jl WO 12's what is more bang for the buck i dont know to much about car audio just need some help thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
those JL w0 12 inchers will do you much much better, audiobahn subs are very ineffecient and sound bad if your going for SQ or SPL....theyre only for show cars

also those w0's take less energy to power and will give you exponentially better sound than "audioblah" hehe

Tim L.
Unregistered guest
"Hmm... If kicker was good, why didn't they think that square subs would have stress points and won't last as long as round subs?" - soundbite

"The problem as you noted though, is cone flex and stress on the surrounds, which tend to unravel after hard use." - glasswolf

well, kicker's NOT stupid.. the solobarics have inverted structural domes on their cones to prevent cone flex and distortion, and the SURROUNDS? DOUBLE STITCHED to the cone edges so they're virtually inseperable..

as for SQ, the X's recently won 2003 IASCA and USACi world championships.. so, don't overlook that cuz of their SPL

Gold Member

Post Number: 1244
a non-round sub is still going to exert unever stress at high excursion, and distort.
The surrounds still fail prematurely regardless of what you read on their site. I've seen them fail first hand repeatedly.
I've also seen frequent issues with lead-slap on the L5 and L7 subs, which I also attribute to poor driver design.

Actually if I recall, they won for SPL, which has nothing at all to do with SQ.

I'll still choose the 13W7.
You can keep teh Kickers and this old thread you felt a need to drag up from the grave for some reason.

Username: Tomt813

Post Number: 2
Check out these subs.
www.credencespeakers.com
These guys built Kickers for years. Now they are building speakers just like them, but with their name on them and selling them dirt cheap. I have seen a few of the Credence speakers on eBay every now and then. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3079259782&rd=1

Gold Member

Post Number: 1271
typo: uneven stress.

Tom, shut the hell up already.

jl suck
Unregistered guest
jl sucks i dont like kicker too much eather but the solo x sounds better, but they both cant stand up to the rockford team rf 4000 peak for the 12in 2000 rms and they are thinking of coming of coming out with a 18in

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Post Number: 124
Ok first of all Rockford Fosgate are you serious?There Amps and Subs Suck and Require a shitload of power to operate to their optimum performance and they still sound like sh1t.JL on the other hand has models like the W3v2 which only requires 300 watts for optimum performance plus Sound Quality is 10 times better than RF.I wont even go into all the Money you would have to spend on RF Stuff they are just like Audiobahn Sh1t.

Unregistered guest
kicker rules jl's are ugly and to big and hard to work with my 2 12" round solobarics have hit 160 db and that was 6 years ago they still sound and perform great they also look way cooler than anything besides ive seen more torn jl audios than any other brand i have to admit they do hit hard but they sound crappy anyway why are you guys compareing a square sub to a round sub besides the plain kicker compvr's could take out those ugly 13" jls and the use less power
KICKER AND JBL RULE EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
rofl....ur a car audio n00blet

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1504

http://www.teamrocs.com/crap/newbie.htm

Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 10
I actually see why he remains anonymous because I wouldn't want my name known if I said that kickers is way better than JL Audio. JL Audio makes some awesome subs. In a Virginia Car Audio Competition JL Audio holds the state record in VA and both Colorado. Not sure @ how many dB it was producing but it had to be massive in order to defeat 6 12" kicker comps. Oh yeah and it was 6 12" JL audios. Don't know what series because I was pretty much clueless about car audio back in then. That was in 99' so who knows kicker could be better now it's a matter of statistics.

Tim L.
Unregistered guest
o.k., and Pioneer set the dB Drag world record at the past finals with a 172.2.. *shrug*

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1518
I never was a big fan of SPL-only competitions.
I never saw much point to "I'll go deaf first!"

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
rofl...very true
instead of going deaf id rather get like a 12w7 and 500/1 over a soloX anyday, any time, anywhere, any car...

anywez, a 12w7 can probly put out more SPL too lol..

for the 12 inch soloX

Username: Jtreat911

What do you guys think about Fujitsu Ten Eclipse? I'm thinking about getting a couple of 12s. How do they compare with JL Audio?

Username: Zen936

BruneiBrunei Darus...

Post Number: 1
Hey GW, whose the newbie we're talking about here. That link of yours is hysterical! ROFL!

But I have to say, JL Audio is much better. Heck if I had the money, I'd go for it. But hey, most chicks don't get to be in your car to find out you have a kickass system, so I rather go for the exterior looks of the car! Makes sense don't it? :-)

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1544
oh, that was in response to the n00blet comment about seprothkills. I like that page. It's amusing.

Eclipse's Ti series subs are very good subs. for SQ, you'll be very happy with them.

as for inside/outside...
I keep my car in good shape.. I just don't rice it out. I think riced cars look a bit tacky, since very few are done tastefully. I'd rather spend the money on things that make me happy, instead of making other people happy.. like a good sound system, and good motor.. things like that. Sleeper cars are fun.
pull up in some car that doesn't turn any haeds.. then find out it's got some monster engine hiding under the hood, and a wicked sound system. Who'd expect that? Good theft deterrant too.

Anyway, my woman has a Fiero GT I'm toying around with ideas for on a system (still trying to talk her into letting me stretch the frame and make it into a Diablo hehe) and my '66 Charger turns enough heads, even with a stock system in the dash.

The system now resides in the Jeep, which is the daily driver. Functional, gets through the snow, hauls lots of stuff.. sounds good.. nothing fancy.

Roger
Unregistered guest
Hey how much did your 13 w7s cost a piece and how much do the 12 w7s cost

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
a 13w7 is around $750 and a 12w7 is around $600-650

fhsdfiuhernfkfh
Unregistered guest
What about focal subs? are they any good?

Unregistered guest
Hey my name is Ricky and i was wondering what would sound deeper and hurt more.. i have two solobaric 12 inch L7's and i was wondering what kinda box would be better for it a sealed or ported? and more air space or less air space? kicker reccomends .88 - 2.0 sealed and 1.75 - 3.25 cubic feet ported. Any info would help,
thanks guys

Tim L.
Unregistered guest
a big ported box is probably what you are seeking for what you described..

Unregistered guest
Thanks Tim i'll try it out and let you know. Also what side of the box should i put the ports on? I was thinkin slot ports in the front.

Username: 1_kicker_fan

Lipan, Texas America

r u stupid solo L7 will hit harded than W7 solo x has 5000 watts rms for the 18 inch

kicker sucks
Unregistered guest
That doesn't mean shyt. Solo X suck. W7's rock.

Tim L.
Unregistered guest
oh god..

ricky, sorry, can't make any recommendations for ports.. i'm more of a sealed box application type of guy.. but a lot of the rest of these guys are ported and will probably have somethin to contribute.. if not, try signing up for sounddomain.com and ask there.. those people are sound wave science pros and talk about that stuff all the time.. =)

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
slot ports in the front, on the side is probably the easiest way to go

Unregistered guest
thanks guys and if anyone else has anything to add it would help.

Unregistered guest
Haloo People!!! anybody can help me pls!... on what, where, and how much would it cost to setup an effective sounds. Needs rply ASAP!!!... Thnks!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
do ur own research man, how do you think alot of us got to know alot about this stuff?

Tim L.
Unregistered guest
i guess their mamas didn't tell them about kick a.ss car audio.. =P haha

Username: Fcr96max

MESQUITE, TEXAS USA

LISTEN HERE NO WOOFER COMPARE TO THA W7 OR ANY JL
WOOFER IN ANY CLASS FROM W0 TO W7 THEY ALL GOOD
ALL 3 OF MY GOT JL AUDIO WOOFERS BUT ONLY GOT W6 ANDW7 2 13 W7 TO BE MOFUKIN EXACT IM RUNNIN A AUTOTEK MX 5000 DUAL DIGITAL MONO BLOCK 2400 WATTS
PURE RMS YA HEAR ME THAT BI T CH DRAWS 300 AMPS FROM
MY CAR AT MAXIMUM POWER AND THAT S H I T POUNDS IM TALKIN BOUT REINFORCING THA TRUNK AND ROOF AND TIGHTENIN THE SCREWS ON DOORS AND PUTTIN A WHOLE LOT OF XR COMPONENTS TO ATLEST MACH UP THA BASS SH IT BUT NO KICKER WILL EVER TAKE ON A JL ESPECIALLY A W7

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 41
OoOo great another JL fanatic where nuthing goes but JL...

Tim L.
Unregistered guest
oh god.. =P haha..

throw me a T-shirt already!! =4.. hmm, it wouldn't be SO BAD if all the JL reps were HOOOOOT WOMEN!! ;P.. hot women, throwing me t-shirts.. off their backs? =P

Unregistered guest
hi, i have 2 kenwood 1205db's, with a sony xm-d1000p5 amp. i am thinking of getting 2 jl w3's. will the sony amp be enough to power the jl's, and will i notice a lot of sq and spl difference? any info would be appreciated, thanks.

kmart
Unregistered guest
I've heard the Solo X with the Cadence 4500 R.M.S Amp and ive heard the W7. Threes W7's had almost the same bass as one Solo X 18 inch. For SQ i would have to say JL takes the cake, but if your into huge SPL, get the Solo X.

stanggirl
Unregistered guest
Someone needs to teach Keith how to spell because I want to cry reading his posts because my 4-year-old nephew can spell better than that. It is really bad and really, really sad!!!!!!! Spellcheck or go back to school and learn to spell words that you should know, they are not hard words at all!

Bronze Member

Medford, Ny Usa

Post Number: 91
nice name stanggirl. man its people like you who need to get a life. My pore spelling has not held me back in life at oll. So do me a favor just respond to the thread, no one wants to here your stupidity.

Anonymous

MA-Audio and Thump are the BEST.

Bronze Member
Username: Koveaudio

Post Number: 21
i dont see why it really matters, it all depends on opinion really, people do that, i have two kove audio 15s run by a 100watt pioneer mono amp and my friends running a jl 15w0 with a 200/1 monoblock and hes always like, your system sucks and shi t, its rather stupid, dont worry about which is better. buy what you like better and shutup about it. jesus

Anonymous

WELL I DONT REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHICH IS STRONGER... ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS.. WILL 1 1000/1 JL AMP BE ENOUGH FOR 2 12w7'S? i will be gettin a 1farad cap and a optima battery.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
try one for each, dont bother with a cap, they just drain more juice from your battery, so in the end, they dont really help.

Username: Vipersbyms

i have heard them both, like u guys said, u cant rerally compare them. different boxes, amps, etc. just makes it impossible to try to compare them. either way they both sound good and i would recommend them if the person is worth spending that much money. personally i would go with something else that isnt quite as expensive, such as the L7 or w6v2, which arent quite as powerful but do the job while keeping your wallet a bit thicker than the w7 and solo-x.

Unregistered guest
I have two 12 inch solobarics and i want to go custom with 2 rockford fosgate t1001bd amps. there rated at 750 rms @2ohms and somewhere in the thousands they will max out at, I also have a audio control epicenter, now my question is with the box being built correctly, can i have a decent bass line? Cause my friend went custon with 2 w7 13's with 2 jl 1000 amps, and its hard. I know kicker wont hit as hard as JL but will it come somewhere close to it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
it should, jl just uses better quality stuff, they're expensive as all hell, but yeah, its good stuff. The kickers should do you fine.

davide
Unregistered guest
MA-Audio and Thump are the BEST.

Anonymous

Yes i Agree, they are some of the best Subwoofers that you can buy

kbomb
Unregistered guest
can u hear one JL 12w7 from a mile away

audiobahnuser
Unregistered guest
i have 2 audiobahn AWIS12P subs and they are powered by a audiobahn A2300HCT and in my town there is a guy that has 2 JL W7s powered by 2 fosgate bd2000. We had a local car show like we normally do and a sound comp and i would have to say that a w7 is a grade or 2 lower than my audiobahns. mine not only look good but they sound good too i would rather have them look good and kick the w7s out of the water than to have a plain black sub that dont hit as hard. i think u give the w7 too much credit. and kicker will always come out with something louder. even if it is a square that just shows they can throw a "test" sub out there with pressure points and still nothing compaires to it :D im just stating the obvious..

Robert j
Unregistered guest
i really think you(audiobahnuser) need to do some research and you'll find that you subs suck a$$. You would never have a chance in a sq comp, but almost any body can go and hit 137db or a little more with any high powerd sub. and i don't think that you relized that the jl W7s are ment for sq and not spl.

newstersubster
Unregistered guest
aight i'm puttin a new system in my car and im deciding if im goin with the jl w7's or the mtx thunder9500. I drive a 2000 toyota celica and i got some frickin ill tweets n everything so im jsut tryin to top it off with a good set of subs and amp so ya'll help me out. Plus im only looking to spend 2,000 on my subs amp box and w/e else i need so yea

Bigmanoncampus
Unregistered guest
I think you all should get a life

Alex A.
Unregistered guest
GLASSWOLF I want to buy the Solobaric Kicker subs model S12L54( 12") and I would just like to know if a 2000w Lanzar Heritage amp would be good for both these subs briged or non briged.

Alex A.
Unregistered guest
GLASSWOLF/ or any body who is willing to answer my question seriously I want to buy the Solobaric Kicker subs( 12" L4) and I would just like to know if a 2000w Lanzar Heritage amp would be good for both these subs briged or non briged.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
decent subs, so dont power them with that cheap amp. lanzar is a very cheap company. kicker kx1200.1 would be perfect for them. stable at 1 ohm, so you would need 2 4ohm DVC subs.

Username: Ride287

ok so flat out...even though tHis is a little different...Solo Baric L7 12 or JL W3 12??

Alex A.
Unregistered guest
Hey Kevin are you saying I need two kx1200.1 amps By the way thanks on the quick reply

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
12" s12L5 are 600 watts rms each, so 1200 watts rms combined.

kx 1200.1 1200 watts rms at 1 ohm
600 watts rms at 2 ohm
300 watts rms at 4 ohm

2 4ohm DVC wired in parallel give you a 1 ohm load

Username: Deano

Can anyone help with some advice??I am looking for some tight clean bass. I either want 2 10" kicker L7's or 2 JL 10 w6v2. I will be putting them is a sealed box powered by a JL 1000.1 amp.
Can anyone tell me which i should go with for the tightest bass??Thanks.

Anonymous

JL W6 will be tighter, if tighter is sound quality. The square subs are not my cup of tea. They do hit a little harder than the W6, though.

Username: Jiggamang3105

first of all, i wouldnt recomend using a 100/1 with those subs because ive seen problems with that exact kind of setup. remember ull be pushin an almost garanteed 1000 watts rms with that great amp so dont overwork the subs.

Anonymous

im not sure, but i think kevin was trying to hurt my feelings? again, buddy, LEARN TO SPELL, or use a spellchecker, your making a damn fool of yourself. Working at McDonald's is not cool and you can't get a real job with spelling like that. You are really pathetic. Really, really, pathetic. So sad, and btw, when your car wins, best looking car in a national show, then we can talk, until then shut up, and go back to school you drop-out failure on public aid living in his trailer wiht his momma and her 12 kids that the state supports cuz nobody can freakin spell worth a crap....yea your cool!!!!! wish i could be just like you!!! oh yea!!! baby, i got more money in my ONE savings acocunt right now, then you will EVER see in your lifetime, so shut it boy and if you would like, I will pay for someone to come teach you to spell, cuz I just feel really, really sorry for you!!! So sad, yet SO FUNNY!!!!! Everyone, laugh with me at his bad spelling!!!! HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHITE TRASH GET DOWN ON 'YA KNEES!

Anonymous

yea someone needs to teach kevin how to spell thats sad.....good job whoever wrote that reply. i will join you in laughin..i mean if you cant spell, get some help somewhere, becuase you are not even close, you are mispelling words that you should have learned in 1st grade, are you retarded? because then we can forgive you for the spelling and just point and laugh at the tard......if your not retarded then hooked on phonics might work for you.......or copy and paste this into like word or soemthing and use the spellchecker..see i have typos, but there is a difference beteween typos and spelling errors....and theres a big difference in spelling errors on simple a$$ words that you cant spell....ill join you in laughing HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHH kevin is retarded AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA kevin is retarded AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH kevin is white trash

Unregistered guest
It all comes down to the amps and enclosures of the subs and the environment of the car. I have a 10W7 with the w7 box and I slaughtered two 2 13w7's in a benz. I slaughtered two high end audiobahns 15' subs in a s-10 and was almost the same spl level with u 12' Type R's in an f-150. The JL W7 is clear and tight but I've heard 2 solo barics in a caprice and they were LOUD!!! They blew my doors! Both subs have their pros and cons but it all comes down to the enclosure and environment!

Ignorant
Unregistered guest
I know im going to sound ignorant but What is SQ and SPL. Also, I have both a Soundstream reference644s and a jL300/2 which should I keep? they will be running my mids and highs. my lows are run by a Jl500/1 i have two 12 inch round solobarics and mbquart coaxial speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 63
Keep the JL 300/2.

back up
Unregistered guest
SQ-Sound Quaility, SPL-Sound Pressure Level
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us