Clean Sound and Loud Bass!!!

Unregistered guest
I would like to read your opinions regarding a high quality, loud, and clean system. I have a pioneer headunit (DEH-P6400), the kicker kx150.4, the kicker kx1200.1, The kicker 12" kicker comp vr subwoofer (C12VR) in a bandpass box, 2 4" lanzar 3-way coaxial speakers, 2 6" lanzar 2-way coaxial speakers, and 2 1" lanzar neodome tweeters. The headunit already has an integrated graphic equalizer.

The problem is this, when I get the bass to high on my headunits equalizer, the subwoofer gives pretty loud and clean bass, but when I shut the sub down, the back 2 lanzars sound horrible, like if the voice coils are exceeding thier excursion limits. My question is, whould it be better to buy and external graphic equalizer ( state the recomended number of bands) or would it be better to stick a 3-way crossover and keep using my headunits internal equalizer??????????

What do you people think?

Username: Hydro

Post Number: 66
Well first off Lanzar is a sh1t company especially their speakers but to answer ur question maybe ur amp the 150.4 is causing ur speakers to Distort cuz their getting too much power to them or ur Crossover settings are incorrect on ur head unit adjust it where those speakers dont go under like 80Hz and I would never go below 4 ohms when wiring those Speakers to the amp just to be safe.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 660
make sure amp gains aren't set too high
make sure your alternator is large enough for those amps
make sure the components have a high-pass filter set to about 100-150Hz, and the sub amp has a low pass filter set to about 80-100Hz (since it's bandpass)
if that still fails to help, consider replacing those lanzars with better speakers like Infinity Kappas or CDT components.
coax in back, separates in front.
also consider a larger 4 channel amp like the kx300.4 or 600.4
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us