Cable and bi-wire question

Anonymous

I need opinion from experts around here:
Is there any diference bi-wireing speakers using one pair of cables (with connection bar) or the ussual way with two pairs of cables?
I narrowed my choice to Kimber 4TC, Van Den Hul D 352 or AudioQuest Type 4. Any sugestions?

Username: Homedesign

Post Number: 24
Suggestions? Yea. Go to Radio Shack. Cables are just a wire connection two components. Anything with quality copper, well insulated, and sound connectors will get the low voltage signal to the amp without picking up RF signals.

Yea, the high $ end cable manufacturers maniuplate cable components and materials to create sonic characteristics. But, the best cable adds nothing, but passes the signal on unaffected. So, the only valid 'hi end' cable would be Cardas Neutral Reference (if the hype is true and it is truely 'neutral', that is).

Even then you could supply all your cable needs from RS for the price of a single short pair of the Neutral Reference.

A renowned speaker desinger tested their MegaWire speaker cable to conclude: The 16 gague performs adequately up to 12'. 12g up to 30'. Mentioning that the conclusion is less critical for the lower frequencies.

He wires his $28k masterpiece design with them, and used their (best) IC's as well. Believe me, after all he went through to design a 90's Stereophile 'Speaker of the Year' system, if hi-end cable helped, he would certainly not only use them, but recommend them. But he does neither.

Username: Homedesign

Post Number: 26
Bi-wire is better than using jumpers. That way the low frequency signal when amplified does not mix with the high frequencies on their way to different connectors on the back of the speakers.

A biwire cable makes little difference, as with any cable, as long as the guage to length ratio is appropriate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us