Separate cables for BI-WIRE, with B&W DM601 S3 and Marantz SR6300 (Van den Hul CS-122 and SKYLINE Hybrid or other?)??

Bronze Member
Username: Stifa

Post Number: 11
I recently bought B&W DM 601 S3 speakers along with Marantz SR6300 receiver and got 2x3 meters of Van den hul SKYLINE Hybrid cable (http://www.vandenhul.com/cable/cs-122-h.htm) FOR THE BASS/MID??

WILL THIS BE BI-WIRING OR JUST SPENDING MONEY AND HEARING NO EFFECT??

Different cables have different properties like resistance,impedance,material theyr made of, These two cables are not of same material and have different properties that I do not understand (see links). Is that a problem 4 bi-wiring?
ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS.?
THANKS ,WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR HELP FOLKS! CYA
MARKO

Username: Farl

DubaiUnited arab ...

Post Number: 4
I have a Marantz Sr7300 with Klipsch Rf 25. I used the Van den hul CS-122 for the connection (Not bi-wired). After 100 hrs. of break-in period I noticed that the bass had improved a lot than before. I am very satisfied with the bass now. Now the problem is the high because it was soften. So I decided to bi-wire my system, I used Van den hul Clearwater for my high and VDH CS-122 for the low. All I can say is "WOW" to my system now, i'm very very satisfied.

I can assure you that you can hear a good effect of this bi-wiring.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2177
If you use 2 separate amps to power one unit, that is called bi-amping. Bi-wiring is simply using 2 separate wires from one source and splitting across 2 different drivers in one speaker. There's a big difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us