American system in Europe

Username: Kturner

Post Number: 2
Hey all, not only am I fairly new when it comes to high end audio gear, but now I'm in Italy with it...
As of right now I only have one major problem, but would also like to not only improve my sound, but also make sure my gear is protected. The market of power conditioners is enormous and any help would be greatly appreciated.
1) I have to run all my gear off of transformers that take the 220 down to 110, and SUPPOSEDLY can adjust to the hZ plugged into them, but right now my TT won't run at the right speed. I think it's the hZ. I have a 50hZ pulley coming, but are there conditioners that can take 50hZ and make it 60? And on top of that I'd have to run the whole thing through a transformer.
2) I'd like to use a conditioner for not only the reason above, but also for surge protection (Naples isn't the most stable) and just plain sound quality.
3) AND, again, I have to run this all through a transformer. Maybe a Euro conditioner that I could plug directly into the wall that would act as both a conditioner and transformer? (not sure about that)
I'm up and running right now, except for my TT, but as you can tell have a myriad of minor issues/concerns. I appreciate any advice anyone can give. Thanks
Kim

Username: Mike19

Tallahassee, Fla USA

Post Number: 8
Hi Kim.
Suggestions:
> If you can find one, go to a local audio/visual store and ask for help.

> If that don't work, buy a copy of one the British audio zines (HiFi News or Hi-Fi +), look in the ads towards the back and see if there is a retailer you can call/write/ e-mail with your question.

> move back to the States

Username: Kturner

Post Number: 3
Thanks Mike, I think...
I'll probably take you up on finding some of those Brit mags. I've talked to some electronic "experts" around here, but don't really think they know what the hell they're talking about. Naples is ..... different. Have to go all the way to Milan for just some decent products.

Username: Zhaojiabei11

Post Number: 6
I have to run all my gear off of transformers that take the 220 down to 110, and SUPPOSEDLY can adjust to the hZ plugged into them, but right now my TT won't run at the right speed. I think it's the hZ. I have a 50hZ pulley coming, but are there conditioners that can take 50hZ and make it 60? And on top of that I'd have to run the whole thing through a transformer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us