Antenna Install After DishNetwork...???

Bronze Member
Username: Dseirup

Post Number: 11
My home was prewired through out the whole home for cable when it was built. On the west side of my home I have a cable coming out under the rain gutter area that has gone into my dish network dish for the past couple of years. Well, we recently cancelled our dish network service and have been using bunny ears on our 42" LG LCD HDTV. The signal and picture quality has been awesome.

What I've wanted to do though is to put a outdoor antenna on the roof where the dish was and plug that coax into the antenna.

I went out today and bought a outdoor antenna and put it on the roof, plugged in the coax and plugged my tv into the wall. No HD channels, very snowy regular channels. I went to the junction box where all my cables are at int he wall for the TV cable and the dish network guy put a diplexer in connecting 3 cables total.

One is going into the "in/out" plug, one is going into the "ANT" plug, and one going into the "SAT" plug.

I looked at the old cables that were plugged into my dish receiver and found another diplexer that had been hooked up to it as well. Do I need to take the diplexer out of the junction box area? What cables are the ones that I need to remove or put together. Do I just get a coupling and hook two together?

Sorry for the questions, the answer is probably easy, just not sure how to wire this all up to make it work.

Thanks in advance!

Bronze Member
Username: Yfz_rcr_12

NC

Post Number: 11

Bronze Member
Username: Yfz_rcr_12

NC

Post Number: 12

Username: Crazymom

CALEXICO, CA USA

Post Number: 1
Hey U guys!!!

Tengo un problema,vivi en Mexico unos meses y me regrese a California. Me traje la antena SKY y aun la estoy pagando. Me gustaria conectarla aqui, solo ke el dish'-el plato lo deje en la casa de m i mama porque ella tiene el recibidor principal.Los aparatos los obtube hace unos meses. Al no tener la antena, le puyse una del Directv y empezo a agarrar senal. Solo alcanzo senal de 114 en un satelite. Aunque no estoy segura ke satelite necesito colocar.Que mas necesito para instalarlo?No se los grados pero solo movi la antena hasta ke esta agarro la senal..Ayudenme por favor...} solo le conecte el cable ke va directo de recividor a la TV y de ahi a el plato,
bye
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us