DVD Player -> Projector

Username: Mrwoody

Post Number: 1
Hi!
I have a very simple question.
My dvd player has a hdmi+component+composite output and my projector has a vga+s-video+composite input.
Is there a better way to connect them, rather than using composite?

Username: Johnb231

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a question about connecting the cables to a HD DVR unit, do the satellite cables connect to this box the same as they did to the reg DVR box, and the HDMI cables was I correct when I read that you still have to ren a audio cable (the red&white cables) to receive audio because the HDMI does not transmit sound? Thanks in advance------------------John

Username: Johnb231

Post Number: 2
can any one tell me if I have to activate the HD cards to use the HD DVR box, I am replacing the reg DVR box with the HD DVE box, I was wondering of I could use the reg card until the 5 eyed dish was installed, or do I have to activate the HD card immediately? Thanks-----------John

Bronze Member
Username: Floyd_1977

Plainfield, IL USA

Post Number: 92
Mister Woody,
Component is much better than composite.

John Harris,
HDMI transmits both audio and video.

I don't know about your activation question. You'd be better off contacting your satellite provider or posting your question in the appropriate forum.

Post Number: 2
I guess you mean that I need something like Composite-> VGA, right?

Bronze Member
Username: Floyd_1977

Plainfield, IL USA

Post Number: 93
Oops, sorry. I read your post too fast and thought your projector had a component input. I guess if that were the case, you wouldn't be asking this question.

I would suggest looking into buying a home theater projector, as opposed to using an office/PC projector, which is not intended for watching movies.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for your reply. I own a Benq 6200 and I don't think it is a PC projector. I would give a try to a composite->VGA cable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us