Would like help on boosting cable signal strength

Username: Dan1520

Palm Harbor, FL United States

Post Number: 1
I have a place in the mountains and only use it a few times a year. Since we are not there most of the year, I contracted with the cable company to give us the most inexpensive package which includes the first 22 channels which come in very clear. I can surf the higher channels (22 - 99) but the signal strength is weak. Most are not able to be watched but A few channels come in clear enough to watch but weak.

It appears that the cable company feeds all the channels but decreases the signal strength of those upper channels if they are not paid for.

My question is this. Since I don't want to pay for the extra channels that I won't watch for most of the year, can I purchase a signal booster to install between the cable output and TV to boost the signal strength of the upper channels (22-99)? I read about the Motorola unit that seems like it will work. Perhaps there is another brand/model that has a higher gain and may work. BTW, I'm only working with one TV set.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Dan

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7432
I have a pretty good experience with the Motorola signal boosters. It should work well for the application you are planning.

Username: Boyce

Post Number: 7
I believe the upper channel is filted, not decreases, either if the signal source is too weak, it is useless to put a booster at the end point (TV),because the booster will boost up all the noise at the same time.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7684
Unfortunately, that is what that booster does. it boosts everything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us