Component Video Cable Help.

Dipsite
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony KV36HS410 connected to my Progressive Scan DVD player and am using a component cable to get a better picture. However, now I see a blue tinge on the screen.
TV supports 1080i whereas DVD player is just 480. Any suggestions?? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 524
check your component cable connections, sometimes one of them comes loose and you get the funky colors.

Dipsite
Unregistered guest
Thanks, it worked.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 530
no problem

justve
Unregistered guest
I'm having a similar problem.

But my DVD player is only showing black and white images. no color.

Bill Red
Unregistered guest
I've heard a lot of stuff on the rip-offs around component video cables. Does anyone have the scoop on it, especially in the areas of the quality needed send a signal beyond a distance of 30 feet.

Thanks.

Anonymous

I just recently purchased a Panasonic 26" LCD TV/HDTV. The salesperson told me that using a cheapie component cable, i.e. the one given to me by the cable company when I got my HD capable cable box, would reduce the life of my television. I know the life of these new LCD tv's aren't the greatest, I think they quote somthing like 10000 hours.

Is this true or are they just trying to get me to purchase the $100 component cables that they sell???
They also said the same would be true if I didn't buy this $150 surge protector that filters out the incoming cable signal.

Unregistered guest
Will a composite video switch work for component video? I was just at Radio Shack and was looking for a component video switch and was told they did not carry them, but that I might try a composit switch. Do you think it will work?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us