Component vs. Component - Does it matter?

Username: Mieskie

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to decide whether or not to replace the component video cables that came with my Time Warner HD box. I've searched around and found no real comparisons between one set of components vs. another. Does it matter? Should I pay $$ for a high end set, or should I stick with the free ones I got from TWC?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7212
Is there anything wrong with the way you see your monitor now?

Username: Mieskie

Post Number: 2
Not really, no. The picture is obviously good with the components I am using now, but I recently upgraded my S-Video cable on another television and the change in picture was dramatic. The old low end S-Video cable was blown away by the new Monster 2 cable. I also recently upgraded my speaker wire to some higher end stuff and that made a huge difference, too. So that got me thinking about the components. All my component cables came directly from Time Warner, and I figured they aren't probably going to be giving away really good cables. They do seem to have gold plated connectors, but that's all I can tell about them, and I wondered if going out and buying one of those 50-100 dollar sets would be worth it.

Any suggestions?

By the way, thanks for the response. Was wondering if I would get any.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7240
Some suggested reading:

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/cables.htm

Username: Jrmojo

Post Number: 1
wow....the article on component cables was a bit over my head. Not to sound like a total newbie, but is there perhaps a layman's version that addresses the initial post (and other cabling questions)?

I have the same query, just picked up my new comcast cable box and the component cables are included. is there a substantial diffrence between those and the monster component cables that I purchased (unopened as of yet)?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us