BEST Audio Cabinet/Rack on Planet Earth!! - What?

Bronze Member
Username: Stevizard

Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Post Number: 35
Where can I find the best Audio cabinet/rack on earth? I've been looking. So far, I have to spend HUGE DOLLARS or settle for crap. So, I'm creating a list of things that the best audio cabinet on earth should have . . . feel free to add your thoughts.

The Perfect Audio Cabinet
Audio cabinets differ from audio racks in a variety of ways but one very important difference is that audio cabinets are positioned in plain sight in living rooms, family rooms, or theater rooms, while audio racks are usually kept out of sight. The perfect audio cabinet will have most of the characteristics described below.

1. Attractive: Must be aesthetically attractive (should give equipment the "Wow" factor).

2. Sturdy: Must be sturdy with shelves that can hold over 100 lbs. (My amp is over 85 lbs.)

3. Deep: Must have a useable inside shelf depth of at least 24 inches to accommodate large top-end AVRs and large cable connections (usually adds 3-4 inches of depth).

4. Clean: Must keep components dust "free" (unit must be fully enclosed with easily removable, washable, dust catching materials across air vents).

5. Cool & Quiet: Good ventilation with large vents in top, bottom, and sides; may use fans but must be quiet. Larger fans can circulate more air than small fans at lower RPMs and do it quietly.

6. Adjustable: Adjustable shelves to accommodate equipment.

7. Organized: Separate wire management for power wires and signal wires (I don't want to squash all of my cables back & forth through small holes).

8. Accessible: Easy access to rear of unit (rear door or Lazy Susan design)

9. Movable: Must be able to easily move the cabinet without stressing it or getting a hernia. Here are some suggestions:
• Sturdy handles on rear or sides
• Large casters (that can roll over thick carpeting but do not detract from its aesthetics).
• High quality connection jack panel on rear panel for speakers, subwoofer, HDCP cable, composite cable, and AC power cord. Everything within the cabinet connects to the jack pack, and everything outside of the cabinet simply connects to the jack packs exterior connection on the rear panel. This would allow you to entirely disconnect the cabinet and move it without disconnecting any of the equipment inside (A dream come true).

10. Safe: Built-in power outlets (8) and surge suppressor, leaving a single heavy duty, grounded power cable protruding through the back of the cabinet.

11. Reasonable: Low manufacturing cost resulting in a modest retail price.

Well, those are my thoughts. If you know where I can find it, please let me know.

Steve
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us