Componet (y-pb-pr) Y connecter for receiver inputs

Username: Redgalaxy500

Post Number: 1
I have a Yamaha Home theatre receiver which has 2 component female video inputs y-pb-pr. One I use to input HDTV signal, the other for my DVD player. The receiver also has other inputs for other things eg VCR but these are not for component cables. My question: I would like to add a game console and have the component cables for it but to use it I have to disconnect the DVD cables each time which is awkward. Is there a video y-pb-pr Y adapter with 1 male and two female end that I can connect to the receivers component inputs so I can feed two seperate video signals at different times without having to reconnect? Can you recommend a brand that will cont compromise signal of my Monster THX cables? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2392
You can get a component video switcher. If the TV has more than 1 input, connect straight to the TV.

Username: Redgalaxy500

Post Number: 2
Thanks but unfortunately its a home theatre application David with ceiling mounted projector that does not have its own built in speakers and only one set of component video inputs that are already in use (linked to the receiver). So a straight connect to the projector won't solve the problem.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2394
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005USA7
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us