Power Conditioner for Emergency Power

Username: Jayp49

Post Number: 1
The manufacturer of my new 5 KW emergency generator states that I need to install a power conditioner to prevent damage to TVs, computers, kithchen appliances,digital clocks, or anything using solid state electronics. I assume I need protection from positive or negative voltage fluctuations coming from the output of the generator but don't really need filtered power required for optimum performance. Any recommendations for a product to do the job?

Username: Jayp49

Post Number: 2
Should have said that i'd prefer to find one conditioner to put on the output of the generator vice something for every device in the house that could be affected by voltage fluctuations.

william beeby
Unregistered guest
my colman generator will not opperate my new lennox furnace i am told by both to get a power conditioner. neather would tell me what kind or were to buy.my only reason to i bought this 5000watt unite is for heat. HELP thank you Bill Detroit Mi.

Username: Stevedohar

Houston, TX

I suppose you could install a TVSS, or transient voltage surge suppressor. You might consider a UPS, but it would have to be large enough to handle all your loads. There are some on Ebay that would not be too expensive.

Username: Jarichardjr

NEW ORLEANS, LA US

PURCHASE A POWERWORX E3 AT: WWW.ECOTRUSTENERGY.COM/NEWORLEANS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts