Headphones and Speakers at the same time

Username: Stevebrown

Post Number: 2
My mother has recently discovered headphones and suddenly she can understand movie and tv dialog like when she was young.

My challenge is to make them very easy to use so she doesn't get frustrated.

Read on if you are interested in helping with this little project.

DETAILS

---We purchased my mother an HD TV (Sony KV30HS420), an external DVD player and an HD cable box. We hooked it all up using the TV's component inputs and the picture is wonderful. She is delighted.

---This is easy to use, too. Mom only needs one remote control and it has a button that turns everything on and off at the same time.

---The INPUT button is new to her but she is getting used to using it to switch between cable and the DVD player.

---However, the sound is a different story. We want both headphones and speakers to be active at the same time - with independent volume controls.

---The TV has monitor jacks but only for composite inputs and we aren't using any.

---The TV also has audio out jacks for all of the inputs (including component) but they only work when the TV sound is disabled making the audio side complex really fast - now we need two more amps and two more remote controls and, well, she is going to go crazy.

ANY IDEAS?

Steve Brown
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us