Monster Cable - Is it worth it?

Username: Lmbear

Post Number: 2
I just bought a Sony 50" Grand Wega and Home Theatre system. I have it hooked up with the basic red/white/yellow composite cable, except for the HD Cable converter which uses component.
I am happy with the picture and sound quality on everything but the DVD Player. I have tried using the SVideo but the blacks still look grainy.
There are two issues that I think could be the cause. One, no progressive scan on the DVD. Two,
cheap cables. Would like to try monster component cables but they are very expensive. Is it worth the shot or should I just go to Radio Shack and get some component cable?

Larry

Username: Stone

Post Number: 18
Monster is decent stuff but expensive, I prefer Audioquest or Wireworld for good value high quality cables. If you are not happy with your picture I'd say make the investment in better than generic cables.

Username: Lmbear

Post Number: 5
Thanks. I will definitely look into wireworld and audioquest. Just learning the ropes now.

Username: Hawk

Post Number: 96
Larry:

You can find top quality interconnects at very reasonable prices at www.partsexpress.com. It is a great site. Check out this link for very high quality component video cables that will cost you no more than Radio Shack, but with Monster Cable quality:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&SO=2&&DID=7&CATID=34&Object Group_ID=600&sm=0&so=0

Dayton is their custom house brand and I have had very good luck with it.

Let me also tell you another secret--you don't need progressive scan on you DVD player to improve the picture as your Sony has a de-interlacer built in. Thus, by engaging it, you can get 480p pictures from your current DVD player. However, I think you must use component video cable to engage it. I don't have a Sony, so I could be wrong, but that is the way it is on my current TV.

Good luck!

Username: Esj

Post Number: 5
would anyone know why my samsung dlp 5663 has a freeze up problem when pressing the guide button on the cable remote, i had a out of the box brand dvi cable hooked up , the screen would freeze up and i have to reboot the cable box, i just removed and tried monster cable component cables and don`t see the problem so far , i try a monster cable dvi and see what happens, my high def cable box is a pioneer, if anyone has info please leave a post or email me,thanks...ej
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us