HDMI TV and DVI converter box

steve williams
Unregistered guest
Please help, I purchased a hitachi HD monitor with a HDMI input. But, the Directv HD converter boxes I need are DVI. What now? The sales person said I can purchase a coupler/adapter that changes the dvi cable to HDMI on my tv.Is this a good idea or will I lose signal quality. The adapter is made by monster cable at $29.95. thanks for your advice in advance

Unregistered guest
Hello, Steve

The sales person is right, you can obtain an adaptor from either company and have same signal; however i would rather recommend to get a cable dvi to hdmi which would not require any additional adapters. This will keep your quality the same.

Thank you
Mike
www.lenexpo-electronics.com

Unregistered guest
Is there a converter that takes both the DVI and a digital audio output signals to an HDMI input?

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 65
I have seen cables with HDMI at one end, and DVI at the other. Im not sure if the typical retail outlets carry these or not, but you will find them on the web.

Username: Lauarthur

Post Number: 1
Here there is a company supplying converters making such a complete conversion, from DVI to HDMI, including the digital audio SPDIF. http://www.grandbeing.com

vmuscati
Unregistered guest
I have an Hitachi 50UX26B projection tv. It will display up to 1000 lines horizontal resolution. Any chance I can display hdtv with this unit?

Username: Lauarthur

Post Number: 2
This box support up to 1080i, be sure that your TV has a HDMI input, so that you can connect your TV with the box...

Jane_t
Unregistered guest
I am looking at a Sharp LCD HDTV listed with a HDMI Input and a DVI Input. Will I need a converter cable of any kind? I am connected to a cable company for reception.
Thanks

SALLY WHITE
Unregistered guest
I HAVE PURCHASED A ADVENT 32 INCH HDTV 924540 AND AM HAVING GREAT DIFFICULY GETTING HOLD OF A WALL BRACKET CAN ANYONE HELP

Username: Abate6

Post Number: 1
help! i have a explorer 8300 hd dvr cable box with a HDMI output. i have lcd hd tv with a DVI INPUT. USING A HDMI TO DVI CABLE THE PICTURE IS PINK. HELP

Anonymous

you're lucky, I cant get my hdmi to dvi to get any signal.

What you can try peter is to hold the guide and info buttons down on the cable box until it says HD instead of SD. Hopefully that helps you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us