Archive through August 20, 2007Jed100
Archive through December 15, 2006Skater Bum100
Archive through April 24, 2006Skater Bum100
Archive through July 28, 2005PiMpStReSs100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Username: Kellogg1946

Callaway, VA USA

Post Number: 1
Hi, Skater Bum I found the link to the Viper 5900 Installation Guide but I just realized that some of my questions probably will be answered in the Owners Guide. Do you have access to that link? I would greatly appreciate that information. The dual shock sensors were installed in the 2004 Mustang and the Ford anti-lock sampling couldn't be disabled without the green wires attached to the diodes being cut. Now the shock sensors basically don't function. There is still a problem with setting sensitivity. Sorry to be so wordy.

Silver Member
Username: Skater_bum

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 291
Adriatik Muceku,

Maybe your system is in Valet Mode or your door pin isn't working properly.

Mary Kellogg,

Here is the link to the Owner's Guide for the Viper 5900:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/viper/G5301V_05-06post.pdf

Username: Rastek

Skater Bum, I have a Viper 500+ in my car which was working fine 3 months ago. The car has not been used for 3 months and the battery drained completely. When I tried jump starting the car, the alarm went off right away as soon as the cables were connected and would not respond to button 1 on the transmitter or the red wired VRS button. (In the past if I had to jump start the car I could always silence the alarm with button 1 on the Xmtr). In order to start the car I had to remove the 15A fuse in series with H1/11, (+) constant power input. The car starts and runs fine with the alarm fuse removed. With the engine running, if I insert the alarm fuse, the status LED flashes constantly and the alarm system does not respond to the Xmtr or the VRS switch. With the engine off and fuse in, the alarm triggers instantly and does not respond to the Xmtr, VRS or Valet buttons. This is with a door open or closed. I tried completely removing the alarm module and reconnecting it after a while to no avail. Any thoughts? Thanks.:.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 292
Beltone Jackson,

It sounds like your system is in what I call "static lockup." The only problem is you've already done what I would suggest you do to fix it.

The next step is to see if your VRS and Valet switches work. Test them for continuity with a DVM. If the Valet switch works, you should be able to put the system into Valet Mode and then reprogram your remote control.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Skater Bum, I'll do some further troubleshooting and contact you again with an update.:.

Username: Jesterbass21

Post Number: 3
Skater bum it looks like your the guy to talk to about all this info. I have a Viper 160xv The manual is very vague about how to set it up. ie. how to make solid parking lights when the vehicle is started or even how to program an extra remote. do you have a manual that will explain these things? I already spent 35 dollars on the remote now they want a nother 35 to program it how I want it programmed. they will not explain to me how to do it myself. I will appreciate it greatly thank you.

Hi again Skater Bum. The Valet and VRS switches are OK. After reading the user manual I was able to disarm with the Valet button as well as enter Valet Mode, as indicated by a solid status LED.

The interesting thing about my particular 500+ is it does not have programming jumpers. It has a separate 2-pin programming input connected similar to the Valet and VRS switches. The Valet switch would not allow me to enter prog mode.

The programming input was un-connected so I connected a N.O. momentary pushbutton switch. I am now able to use this switch to enter programming mode but I still cannot enter Xmtr Learn mode. I press the prog sw once, then once again, then hold it. I hear a single chirp. I keep holding and press Xmtr button 1 but I don't hear another chirp. After a while I hear a short alarm burst which I assume is a rejection signal. When I test the Xmtr it does not function. It seems I am in feature programming and not the Xmtr Learn mode. I can press the prog sw several times and the siren will chirp the number of presses as if indicating one of the 11 features.

Another interesting thing about this 500+ is a single black wire exiting the case right above the main harness connector. It was not connected to anything and I have not tried connecting it.

My questions are, 1: Does the black wire need to be grounded or connected to 12v to enter Xmtr Learn mode? 2: Is there a different programming sequence for this model separate from the model with the programming jumpers. Finally, 3: Do you have a link to the installation manual for the non prog jumper model? My manual only discusses the unit with the prog jumpers and does not show or discuss the single black wire. Thanks.:.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 293
Richard Mcallister,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the 160xv:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N562V_07-05.pdf

Programming transmitters is on page 27 and features is on page 31. If you read the instructions you should be able to do the programming yourself without a problem.

Beltone Jackson,

Maybe you have the wrong remote control for the system or maybe the system doesn't work with an LCD remote control. The system maybe too old.

The black wire maybe the antenna and shouldn't be connected to anything.

I'm not sure what you mean by "programming jumpers." The only jumpers that are usually on Viper alarm systems are the tach threshold and parking light polarity select.

The only installation guide on DEI's site for a 500+ is this one:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N437V.pdf

Post Number: 4
Hi Skater Bum. The remote control I am attempting to Learn is the same one I have had since 1995. It worked fine up until 3 months ago when the car sat and the battery drained completely. Since then the remote will not control the alarm. It is not an LCD remote. It looks just like the remotes shown on page 2 of the manual you sent the link to. This is the same manual I already have. The remote has two buttons, no LCD screen.

Also, on page 2 of this manual, it shows a picture of the 500+ with an arrow pointing to a removable door for programming jumpers. On page 9 of this same manual it shows another picture of how to install the jumpers for either programming or Valet. Below the programming jumpers are jumpers for the light polarity select. The manual you sent the link to specifically refers to the jumpers as "progamming jumpers". My Viper 500+ does not have any of these jumpers (programming or light select), nor is there a removable door to access the jumpers. I removed the cover from the unit and there are no jumpers inside like the manual shows.

I guess I have a one of a kind that has no documentation???

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 294
Beltone Jackson,

Sorry about the LCD thing. I got you confused with someone else that I was helping.

As for the 500+, if the manual doesn't match what you have, then you might have an older version that DEI doesn't support anymore. Your best bet is to take it into a Viper installation center and have them check it out.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Post Number: 5
Hey Skater Bum, no problem. I can totally understand how easy it would be to get responses mixed up based on the number of questions you have to deal with.

I can't drive the car right now since it's a stick shift and I'm recovering from a broken left ankle. That's why the car was sitting so long. Now that I'm off crutches I've been trying to get the car running again.

Since I've been a tech my whole life and have nothing but time on my hands, I'll continue to work on the problem as I enjoy the technical challenge. Thanks to you, I am getting closer. I just need to figure out how to enter Xmtr Learn mode on this model.

If I can't figure it out in the next few days, once I can deal with pressing the clutch, I'll take it to a Viper dealer as you suggest.

Thanks for all your tips. Keep up the good work. You've been providing an excellent service.:.

Username: Thekreamofthekrop

if any1 can help me out here... i have a viper 489v/p/x 2/66 codes and its been working perfectly but the battery died. ive changed the battery 3 other times and it still works perfectly fine, but this time i put a new battery in and it wont stop vibrating... the alarm still works, my windows and my poppers still works everythign works fine but it wont stop vibrating, and ive never even seen it vibrate before. if anyone can help me out id really appreciate it, thanks

Username: Kegan

Miami, Fl Usa

I have a 700esp connected to a 515e siren. I need the wiring diagram to connect the two together. Thank you.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 296
Warren Ford,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 700ESP:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N379V.pdf

And here's a link to the installation guide for the 515ESP:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/accessories/2515211_515ESP_Installatio n_Guide.pdf

Username: Mgn

Wellington, Kansas Us

skater Bum I was working under the dash on my 1990 chev truck working on putting a stereo in the dash and when I was done my python 571xp car starter will not start with the key but will start with the remote do you have the wire guide for python 571xp

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 297
mike norman,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Python 571XP:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/python/N572P_07-05.pdf

Username: Mgn

Wellington, Kansas Us

Skater Bum I read the trouble shooting guide and went right out ot my truck looked under the steering wheel removed the cover plate and and checked the wires there someone just striped back the wires on the truck then tried to rap the remote wires around the truck wires I found some loose wires so bumted them around and sure enought I even have door lock working right now so I am going to solder these wire before I put it back toghter thanks alot for your help Mike.

Username: Jmares

Skater Bum or anyone that can help , i need you help. My car came with a viper 791xv alarm, but no remote with it. the alarm went off on me yesterday, and now my car wont start, why is that, and what can i do? i already unhooked the whole alarm , and press the little black button an nothing happens, there is life in the battery, the alarm just keeps cutting the battery off, please help me , any help would be greatly appreciated, tank you

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 298
Jorge Mares,

The reason the car won't start is because with the alarm going off, the starter kill is engaged. If you completely unhook the system, the car should start fine.

Username: Jmares

thanks Skater Bum, i tried unhooking the system and nothing happens, could i have done something else wrong?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 299
Jorge Mares,

Depending on how the installer did the starter kill, you may have to reconnect your starter wire at the steering column.

Username: Greek_wizard

I just want to say thank you to Skater Bum for helping people with Viper alarms. I found this thread from Google when trying to program a 474V remote to work with my 5550ESP. I had made it all the way to 7 flashes when I gave up and found your post here:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/251030.html

I now have the remote working (Thank you), and I have downloaded the install manual (further up this thread), but I noticed now that my LED is a solid color when the ignition is off. It also no longer flashes when the alarm is set. When i start the car or move the key to ON, the light turns off.

What did I screw up?

Is it possibly I entered the tach setup accidently? (Start, Press/hold, stays solid)

If yes, how do I correct?

Thanks in advance.

Username: Greek_wizard

I should have added that for a while the siren does a real low "whining" when the car is started with my remote. Once I put the key in and press the brake it goes away.

Periodically I try to start the vehicle and the starter does not engage. Just clicks and does nothing. Then on the second or third attempt it will engae. Every now and then it will not engage even after the third try.

I would say that it is roughly 10% that it does not engage on the first try and very rare that it goes through all 3 attepmts without starting.

Thanks again.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 300
Greek Wizard,

Your LED being on solid means that your system is in Valet Mode. Valet Mode disables your alarm system and just leaves you with keyless entry. Here's a link to the Owner's Manual for the 550ESP:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/viper/553V.pdf

On page 14 of the manual (page 17 of the pdf file) it will walk you through how to take the unit out of Valet Mode.

As for the "real low whining" when the car is started by remote, I would check the ground on the system first and then check the power wires. It sounds like you don't have all of your ignition wires powered up during remote start.

Username: Aabreu

Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz Mexico

Hola Skater

Do you have the installation guide for the Viper 5900?
Thanks

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 301
alex abreu,

Here's the installation guide for the Viper 5900:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N5301V_05-06post.pdf

Username: Aabreu

Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz Mexico

Skater tanks by information

Do you have the installation guide (diagram) for the transponder bypasskit 556SW by Ford F150 2008.
I have viper 5900 and transponder 556SW, but I cannot install transponder 556SW.
thanks.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 303
alex abreu,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the 556SW:

http://www.bypasskit.com/getdocument.aspx?documentid=736

Username: Casanosa11

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!

I have the Viper system with remote start and the 4 button remote.

Now this has happened a few times, but usually starts working again when I pull the fuse and put it back in. For no reason the remote stops working. It functions properly but does not register to the system. It beeps as if it were out of range. This time nothings working and as soon as I put the put in, the alarms goes off and there is no way to shut it off. I tried the program steps and nothing happens, the alarm keeps sounding.

I dont understand. It started just like the other times (its happened twice). I parked the car. Hit the aux and start (orange) and the same time (its the turbo timer feature, runs for 60sec), got out and hit arm, and it everything like it should. As I was walking out of Office Depot I hit disarm/unlock and it does the out of range beep. Since then it will not register the remote.

Please help me out... thanks

Chris

Post Number: 6
anyone??

Username: Cooperman_sk8erpunx

i see that viper/dei do recomended install points for the car you are installing in.
skater bum could you do me a massive favor again and see if they do one for a toyota celica year 1990-1993.
just got around to fitting my viper 480xv and have found that its easy enough but would like some pointers on were to get a possitive from.
any sort of info on the best place to pick up the fuel pump cut off.

if you could help it would be really great.
thanks again for your help.
andy

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 310
andrew cooper,

What information are you looking for?

Username: Cooperman_sk8erpunx

Post Number: 7
i have the viper 480xv and they do the recommended places to attatch wires to.
i think they tell you what color the wires are as well in the car but cant remember.
so im looking for the fuel pump cut in place.
perminate live feed place. starter coil cut in place.
and if they recommend to put the door lock wires in by the kick pannel or in the doors.
think thats it really.
i can work them out just wanted to see if my ideas were sound or if they say its better to stick them else were.

thanks again
andy

Skaterbum can you help me out?? any ideas??

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 312
Chris Semprin,

Have you tried to reprogram the remote to the system?

Post Number: 8
SkaterBum

Yeah, Ive tried that a couple times, but as soon as I put the fuse back in, the alarm goes off. Ive also tried to get it into valet mode according to the manual but it keep setting itself off.

Post Number: 9
I guess I must have a real problem here...

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 315
Chris Semprin,

I would take it back to the place that you had install it and have them check it out.

Username: Krog

Hi Skater Bum

I'm hoping you can help me. I have a viper 771xv system that I bought from Best Buy 3 years ago. The remote died and I have been trying program a new replacement remote but can't get the thing to work. I open the door, turn the key to ON, push the valet button 8 times then hold it on the ninth and... I get no response at all. I've tried all kinds of different sequences and get nothing. I know the valet switch works as I can get in and out of valet mode with no problems. I'm wondering if Best Buy did something so I could not program my own new remote?

Help!

Thank you

btw, can you or anyone else confirm that a 474v remote will work with a 771xv system? I know it's not the same as the original but I have heard from others that it works just fine.

Username: 96vti

Skater Bum,

I have a 96 Honda Civic with Viper alarm. I used it without any problem for many years, but nowadays
the alarm often triggers for no reason. After disarming the LED flashes 3 times.
Sometimes it works normally for a week, sometimes it makes 3 false alarms a day.
Sometimes I cannot arm the system. It sounds continuous beeping, however all doors, hood, trunk closed. 1 minute later the arming is successful.

Unfortunately I have no owner's guide, so I don't know what the 3 LED flashes mean.
To search for the owner's guide I should know the model number of the alarm, but there is no model/serial marked
neither on the control unit nor on the remote.

So, any ideas what this is? The control unit and the siren assembled in one box, I've never seen an alarm like this.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=715tec&s=3
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dow6fp&s=3

If you can give me the model number of the alarm, a link for the owner's/installation guide or throubleshooting tips, that would be really appreciated...

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 318
FG,

Yes, the 474V remote will work with the 771xv system. As for programming, are you trying to program each button separately or do you just want to learn the standard configuration automatically? Here's a link to the installation guide for the 771xv:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N567V_07-05.pdf

The programming information is on pages 36 and 37.

Marshall,

As for the one-piece Viper alarm, without a model number there's not much that I can do. You could check to see if the hood pin is corroding which would result in falsing during and after rain storms. Another thing that I would check is the ground of the unit. Make sure that it is not corroded as well. When alarms lose their ground, weird things happen. Three LED flashes on a Viper usually indicates the door trigger. You may also want to check those for corrosion as well.

Username: Eso111960

Help!
I have a Viper 300+ and never had any problems. Now the siren no longer works. It didnt take any damage or water, etc.
Seems everything else works alright; the flashers blink and the LED blinks when it ought to but no siren. When I try to enter learning mode to program it, you dont hear the siren chirp then either when pressing/holding the valet button. All the wires look properly connected and I cant tell but looks like all fuses are intact, and everything else on the vehicle works properly. Its not in valet mode; the LED is not on constantly.

It has a two button remote. 99 Dodge Caravan.

Anyone have any ideas? The shop who installed it wants as much just to look at it as it costs for a new one!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 321
If you are sure that everything else works fine and is wired correctly, I would try to replace the siren first. It may just be defective.

Username: Jeckal

Skater Bum - Looks like you might be able to help me. I have a major problem !! I have a viper 5000 alarm system installed on a golf VR6 .after installing it has been running perfectly for about 3 months but yesterday after driving it was left for an hour and now it wont start.its like it is in auto engine disable mode and i cant get it to start! bat is fine ?? can you help ? Thanks James

Username: Jeckal

extension of my question - sorry didn't really leave many details - the car just makes a click sound when i turn the key - alarm still works and after trying to re program it goes off. i have tryed everything i can think of - is there a way to bypass the alarm system just to start the engine ?? Thanks

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 323
James Harford,

Two things may have happened. You may have engaged the VRS feature of the system, or your transponder bypass may have shifted.

To disable the VRS, refer to your owner's manual. Here's a link to it:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/viper/G3301V_02-05.pdf

The information is on pages 50-53.

If you still can't get it to work, you can short the green/white wire of the system to the green or green/black wire which will restore your starter wire.

If your transponder antenna has shifted, you should be able to unplug it from its module and start the car normally. If the module is defective and is engaged all of the time the car is seeing two transponders and does not allow the car start. By unplugging the antenna of the bypass module, the car should only see the transponder in the key and allow the car to start. If this is the case, return to the place that installed the unit and have them reposition the antenna on the bypass unit.

skater bum, thank you for your help in this. Looks like this is your forum alone!

Is there any way to trouble shoot the siren circuit to see if it is in fact the siren? Is there an inline fuse to it?
(I posted a few posts up about the 300+ siren not working)

Also, if I get a new siren, will ANY siren work or do I need to get an exact replacement?

Thanks

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 324
Eso111960,

Normally there is no inline fuse for the siren. You can test the siren wire with a volt meter. You sould read +12VDC on the red siren wire when the system is triggered.

Thanks, I will check it out. If I have to replace the siren alone, do you have any recommendations? Get an identical siren, or what would you use?

Thank you again for your time

Well I tried it out and the wires are dead and putting in a new siren did not work...
So since everything else appears to be working (lights flash, LED blinks, etc..) is it possible that the key fob remote had some sequence of | and || buttons pressed that disabled the siren? The Valet light is NOT solid so I know (or dont think) it can be that, at least according to the Owners Manual.
Thoughts?

Skater Bum here is an update (and I tried to edit the other posts but it wont allow me to)

I have voltage at the siren, so I thought I would check the siren again..
put a 9 volt battery on it and you could actually hear the siren, very faintly. So then I reconnected the wires to the siren and hit the alarm; yep, you could hear it very faintly, I missed it earlier because of the sounds comeing from the flashers and other things clicking off and on.

So what do you think now? I tapped on the siren in case it was something lodged inside it and there is no volume control. Any way to salvage this one? I went to a local shop and they "had one laying around" which was used and wanted $25 for the siren. I didnt buy it on principal alone! LOL

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 325
eso111960,

Either the ground on the siren is weak or the siren amplifier inside the unit is bad. What you can try now is disconnect the siren from the system and hook it directly to the battery of the car. If it works like its supposed to, then you know that the siren is good. Then try connecting the positive lead of the siren to the alarm and connect the ground lead of the siren directly to the ground of the car battery. Try that and let me know what you find.

Thanks Skater Bum
Connected siren directly to battery, it had weak output, so that must be it. I opened it up and saw nothing burnt or cracked solder joints on the circuit board, so it must be in the coil or something. I was hoping to solder in a new diode or resistor, oh well..
I found an identical replacement, so I will get that unless someone has a siren they would suggest that is better (I had this alarm installed in the Summer of 1999, so I know things have changed since then!)

SB thank you again for your help.

Username: 96vti

Skater Bum,

At first, thank you for your help, you solved my problem (posted on july 01)! I tightened the ground connection screw of the main unit, and the alarm works normally.

I have one more question, I hope you can help me.
I lost one of the remotes of my alarm. I'd like to buy a new remote in lieu of the lost one.
As I mentioned in my previous post, unfortunately I don't know the model number of the alarm, I have no installation manual, so I don't know the learn routine to add the new transmitter.
If you could give me the transmitter/receiver learn routine for an old (1996) one-piece Viper alarm (any model), I would give it a try.
A lot of things (wire colors, zones etc.) are the same on all Viper alarms. If I am lucky, the learn routine of the one-piece alarms are the same too.

Thank you in advance!

Skater Bum !!

One problem fixed, now have a new one!

You were right, it was the siren. Got the new one and installed it and it works when the alarm is armed and I unlock/open door etc. However it used to chirp when I set the alarm (single chirp) and unlock the doors remotely (double chirp).

It no longer does this and I know its a convenience, but it is good to have for my situation.

Any ideas? I checked the arming codes and dont see the sequence listed for enabling/disabling this feature.

Thanks again. You should post your paypal address LOL

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 326
Marshall,

I'd like to help but I can't find anything on a one-piece system by Viper. I've checked their site and unless you can find a model number of some sort, there's not much I can do.

eso111960,

It sounds like you turned off the chirp feature. To turn it back on, follow the instructions on page 18 for Feature #2. Here's a link to the installatin manual for the Viper 300+:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N432V.pdf

SkaterBum,
You got it, that was it. I missed it the first time I went thru the list.
The replacement siren is higher pitch and tone than the original but I will get used to it. My eldest daughter says it "sounds girlie" so I guess that is alright seeing as it was (deceased) wifes van. The siren tone sequence is different too which I thought is interesting. I would have thought the way the siren alarm pattern is controlled by the brain box.
But all in all, this has been a learning experience and I want to thank you and the mod or site owner for allowing me to post my questions here

Username: Mugenkcj303

SkaterBum,

You got installation manual for viper 791xv? plus i got a old voice module i took of my old car, the part number is dei 516t, do you know if this module will work on the viper 791xv, thanks in advance!

Chuck

Username: Red_mr2

Hello everyone,

I am in need of an installation manual for a Viper Ultra 900 alarm.

Thanks in advance

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 327
Chuck Rivera,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 791xv:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N564V_07-05.pdf

As for the 516t, it should be compatible.

Max Milo,

I can't find anything on an Ultra 900 by Viper.

Username: Reidjos

I purchased the viper car alarm system in 1995. The starter shut off has malfunctioned and activated itself and the re-set button does not work.Now I can't start my car. Does anyone know of any way that I can re-set or completely remove the alarm system without damaging my ignition system?

Thanks

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 328
Joe Reid,

If you want to remove the system, simply unplug the main unit and reconnect the starter wires. This should allow you to drive the car.

Username: Red_mr2

Skater Bum,

I guess its pretty old.
Thanks for trying.

Username: Finlax97

I just bought a 99 mustang that had a viper system in it...im not sure exactly which one it is. every time i arm the system the remote indicates there is a door open. i know i need to check the door triggers but im not sure exactly what to look for. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 332
Robert Fineo,

Does your 99 Mustang have delayed dome lights? If it does and the installer was lazy, he may have just tapped into the main dome light wire and the system may be sensing the fading voltage of the light instead of the actual door pins. You may have to tap into each door trigger and diode isolate them.

Skater Bum,

Thanks for the quick reply...but to be honest my main concern isnt the dome light, its the fact that my passenger door is always bypassed when the system is armed. I really just want to see if its something i can handle as i dont really have the time/money to have it checked professionally
thanks again

Username: Mugenkcj303

skater bum,
i already installed my viper alarm but the problem now is my voice module is not working,its the 516t, i need the wiring diagram for that,516u wiring is different i already checked it, thanks in advance

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 333
Robert Fineo,

Use yellow/black for the driver door trigger and gray/red for the passenger door. Use both wires and diode isolate each from the GEM module, refer to DirectFax document 1076 for wiring information. The GEM (Generic Electronic Module) is located above the driver kick panel.

Here's a link to the 1076 document:

http://www.directechs.com/Docs/TechTips/1076.pdf

Chuck Rivera,

I still can't find anything on DEI's web site on the 516t. They only have the 516U and the 516L. Here's a link to the 516L:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/accessories/N516L.pdf

Username: Titantiger

I have a Viper C70HF alarm on my car. It's about 12 years old and had started malfunctioning. The car is so old now and the stereo is cheap...it's just not worth the hassle. I was told you could remove the inline fuses under the dash that lead to the "brain" of it, but before I did that I thought I'd ask about it. If I pull those, will it mess up anything else? Am I supposed to pull some of them and not the others?

thanks for the advice but i finally got a chance to take the door apart and turns out it was just a bad door switch. thanks again

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 334
Scott Barrows,

You should be able to pull the fuses without a problem but you may have to reconnect your starter wire under the driver's side of the dash if the unit has starter kill. Pull the fuses and if the car starts, you're done but, if not, you may have to bypass the starter kill.

Username: Titantiger

Well, it worked without needing the starter kill thing. I pulled all three.

Username: Greenmachine

Hi, I'm looking for the installation manual for the viper 5000. Can anyone help me?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 335
holly demmon,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 5000:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N3301V_02-05.pdf

Username: Guessthis

San Diego, CA

Hi,

I seem to have the same problem as the posting below but didn't see the answer to it. I have a viper 300 esp. Could someone confirm this might be the alarm causing the car not to start or could this be something else not related to the alarm. My car would intermittently not start after I stop somewhere, the thing I could do to get my car to start is to jump the car or leave it for several hours where it would just start again. So the battery is good. I didn't think of the alarm before until replacing tons of thing in my car(starter, distributer cap, main relay, alternator, etc..) and a new mechanic I went to told me it might be the alarm.
Thanks in advance.

POSTING:
I have a 98 honda civic with a viper 300 alarm...i bought the car 3 months ago with the alarm already installed...i went to the store and came back out and car wont start...all the lights and radio and even the alarm will arm and disarm but when i turn the key nothing happens it doesnt attemp to turn over and there is not even a clicking sound that you will normally hear when a starter may be bad...what can i do to the alarm so i can start my car

Username: Rueboy

Hi guys I have just instaled the viper 460xv, reading through the owners guide it says under programming, siren chirp volume the siren chirps can either be full volume or six decibels quiteter than normal. Factory default is six decibels quieter, now it does not tell you how to change it and set the chirps to full volume.

I think the warn away chirps and too quiet now would the solve the prob.

Other than that I cant fault the system, was easy to install and to add on the microwave proximimty sensor and the total closuer system.

Username: Death_dealer

I have a viper 5900 and bought an extra remote of ebay, can anyone tell me how to program it to work with my alarm/starter. Thanks!!!

Username: Makool

Vancouver, Bc Canada

hey guys can you pliz help me to program my remote again it was mess up las week and now i want to reprogram it again with the same remote the control alarm # is ezsde1489 rpn 489v thanks since now guys.

Username: Jeeptinker

Hello! Man, I'm glad I found this site. I need help. I have a '97 Jeep Wrangler Sport that the previous owner installed a Viper C60 alarm system in. This system is no longer functional, and I am trying to remove it. I am have trouble with figuring out what wires and relays are stock wiring or Viper wiring. Does anyone know where I can obtain an installation manual? Thanks for any help I can get!}

Bronze Member
Username: Catalin

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 80
Should be quite easy John, find the alarm module and follow all the wiring. Very rarely does anyone really take a lot of time to hide wiring all that well.
Look for black taped wiring, twisted together or simply loose and awkwardly wrapped around other harnesses.

Bronze Member

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 81
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=4&post=1604566#POST1604566

You should be able to cut the loop on the siren to increase the volume.

Bronze Member

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 82
Sorry I really dont know to easily quote on this freaking forum... then again I don't really know how to delete posts either.

The above post was directed to kevin bates.

Username: Tismo

Louisville, KY United States

Sorry for bringing this thread from the dead but I have a problem and I need your help guys. I just had a viper 7900 installed and I love it but when I open the trunk with a key, the alarm does not go off. I asked the guy that installed it and said that it is an extra option and its gonna cost $35 extra to tap in the factory trunk wiring. Can anyone tell me please how can I do this myself? I really appreciate it

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 336
Tismo momo,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 7900:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N5501V_12-06post.pdf

What is the make/model/year of your vehicle?

Its a nissan, altima 2004 2.5S

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 337
Tismo momo,

Your trunk pin-switch wire is purple/white at the BCM by the fuse box in pin 18. Connect the blue H1/7 wire from the Viper 7900 to this wire.

Thank you so much Skater Bum

Username: Marcastillo

've had my car alarm for about 2 years now with no problems until recently. My model number is (Viper) 474V.

My alarm just keeps coming on, I turn it off and a few seconds later it comes on again. I don't know what to do. I greatly appreciate a manual also, Thanks in advance, and I look forward to your advice.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 338
Martha Castillo,

I can't seem to find anything on a Viper 474v. This might be your remote control model number and not the model number of your system.

It sounds like you might have turned on the auto-arming feature of your alarm system. It's easy to fix but I will need to know the model number of your system before I can tell you how to do it. The model number is usually on the main unit under the dash. If you can find it, I can help you further.

Username: Watsongravy

hey Skater Bum! Im going to install a Viper 5900 in my 08 Silverado.. What Module(s) will i need to complete the install? Another forum pointed me to this one... http://www.idatalink.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=8

Is this correct or do u have an easier solution?

Thanks!

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 339
kyle Watson,

You'll need that module and possibly a door lock module to make things easier.

Username: Neogeek

Hey Skater Bum. Any chance you would have the install manual for the Viper 5901?

Thanks for all your help!

The other day as I came out of the store ,the remote battery died and couldn't operate the alarm. So I the opened the door with the key and all hell broke loose. Is there any way to disable the alarm temporarily and drive home until I recharge the remote should this situation happen again? How do you program the valet parking switch?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 340
Jon,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 5901:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/IG/Viper/N5702V_2008_08web.pdf

Tismo momo,

To disable the system, put it into Valet Mode. Enter the car with the key, turn the ignition on and the push and release the valet button, which is normally under the dash within reach of the driver, and turn the key off. The system LED should come on solid and allow you to drive the car without a problem. To take it out of Valet Mode, just run through the steps again and the light should turn off.

Username: Bigaone22

Port of spain, West indies Trinidad

Can anyone help me with programming features on my viper 1002 alarm system or provide me with the installation manual.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 341
Dexter Harroo,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 1002:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N3102V_11-06post.pdf

Username: Neogeek

Thanks for the install manual!

Username: Bigaone22

Port of spain, West indies Trinidad

Thanks alot man i appreciate it, and bythe way do you know if the 1002 can do remote start, and if it is programmable??

Username: Kamalsny

Hey guys,

I have the Viper 5900, and I guess its due to the cold weather but in the mornings when I try to start my car via remote start, it turns on and than right away off, and than it tries to turn on again and than turns off right away. IT something flickers too. I can hear my alarm very lowly flickering. As soon as I manaually turn on the car, the flickering and alarm turn off.

Any ideas why this is happening. It only happens in the morning, and than after I've started the car once, never again throughout the day.

Username: Rivey

Winnetka, California USA

Two Problems
1. I have a Viper 5002 alarm system wityh a 508D Field Disturbance Sensor, and every time it rains, it sets the alarm off. I have adjusted the sensitivity on the 508D, but it still does it. I want to know if I am doing something wrong?

2. I have been having an intermitant problem with my 07 Chevy Colorada. Occasionaly, when I try to start the truck, it won't start and I have to wait for 10 minutes before I can try to restart the truck. I will then usually start ok. This is part of the GM theft deterant system. When I took it to the dealer, the blamed the alarm for causing the problem, and claim that this problem is well known. Directed says they have never heard of it. After discussing the problem with the Chevy zone rep, they have agreed to replace the ignition module in spite of the alarm. Have you ever heard of this problem, and if so, what is the resolution.

Thanks Skater Bum for any help?
Bob Ivey

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 342
KAMAL S,

Check to see if your system is grounded correctly. Sometimes people ground the system to a dash panel instead of the actual chassis of the vehicle. If you don't have a good ground the system tries to find one and usually back feeds through the siren which would explain your quiet siren. Dash panels usually expand and contract with cold weather and this is why they shouldn't be used as a ground source.

Bob Ivey,

1. Are you sure that it is the 508D that is triggering the alarm and not some other sensor or input? Sometimes when the hood pin gets wet it will short out and trip the alarm. The alarm system should flash the LED a number of times to indicate which sensor or input was triggered. Check your owner's manual for details.

2. Does this system have a remote starter? If so, this could be due to an improperly installed bypass module. If the module was setup to be activate all the time, the truck would see two transponder signals and the truck would refuse to start. If you do this enough times the truck will lock up for about 10 minutes. The module is only supposed to activate when the remote starter is triggered.

If it doesn't have a remote start, they may have incorrectly interfaced the starter kill. Some of the wires at the steering column are the same color and if they connected to the wrong wire, it could be messing up the onboard computer. You should always use a digital volt meter when testing wires to be sure that you have the correct one.

Username: Rivey

Winnetka, California USA

1. The 508 is definitly the sensor being tripped when it rains. It is indicating the 508 on the keyfob when the warn indicator sounds. There is no hood switch on this vehicle.

2. The system does not have a remote start. The starter kill does not go to the column, but is connected to a heavy black wire in a loom under the hood near the battery, and going into the fuse box.

Thanks for your help and looking forward to your response.

Bob Ivey

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 343
Bob Ivey,

1. It's hard to say. The unit may be installed in a bad position or it is set too sensitive.

2. If there is no remote starter then I would check to see where the starter kill is interfaced. Reconnect the wire that is cut and see if the problem continues.

Anyone have any insight on the below. Any help is much appreciated.

I have the Viper 5900, and I guess its due to the cold weather but in the mornings when I try to start my car via remote start, it turns on and than right away off, and than it tries to turn on again and than turns off right away. It something flickers too. I can hear my alarm very lowly flickering. As soon as I manaually turn on the car, the flickering and alarm turn off.

Any ideas why this is happening. It only happens in the morning, and than after I've started the car once, never again throughout the day and I've only noticed in cold weather.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 344
KAMAL S,

Try reprogramming the tach signal.

tach signal? Any directions on how or what that is. Sorry I'm a bit illiterate when it comes to mechanics. I'm more of a technology guy. Is there a manual on it?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 345
KAMAL S,

I would take it back to where you had it installed and have them check it over. It could be the tach signal or, depending on what type of transponder bypass they used, the module antenna could have shifted and the car is not reading it correctly.

Username: Limeni

hey skater bum i have a viper 5900 alarm and when i try to open the car or disarm it it sends the command but never recives one back and the car does not disarm, i've tried reading the owners manual but couldnt find anything ive tried reading online how to resync the remote and no luck

Username: Redirectv

Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 11:31 pm:

-----------------------------------------Rastek
---------------------------------------
Hi again Skater Bum. The Valet and VRS switches are OK. After reading the user manual I was able to disarm with the Valet button as well as enter Valet Mode, as indicated by a solid status LED.

The interesting thing about my particular 500+ is it does not have programming jumpers. It has a separate 2-pin programming input connected similar to the Valet and VRS switches. The Valet switch would not allow me to enter prog mode.

The programming input was un-connected so I connected a N.O. momentary pushbutton switch. I am now able to use this switch to enter programming mode but I still cannot enter Xmtr Learn mode. I press the prog sw once, then once again, then hold it. I hear a single chirp. I keep holding and press Xmtr button 1 but I don't hear another chirp. After a while I hear a short alarm burst which I assume is a rejection signal. When I test the Xmtr it does not function. It seems I am in feature programming and not the Xmtr Learn mode. I can press the prog sw several times and the siren will chirp the number of presses as if indicating one of the 11 features.

Another interesting thing about this 500+ is a single black wire exiting the case right above the main harness connector. It was not connected to anything and I have not tried connecting it.

My questions are, 1: Does the black wire need to be grounded or connected to 12v to enter Xmtr Learn mode? 2: Is there a different programming sequence for this model separate from the model with the programming jumpers. Finally, 3: Do you have a link to the installation manual for the non prog jumper model? My manual only discusses the unit with the prog jumpers and does not show or discuss the single black wire. Thanks.:.

Black wire is a ground wire I have a Viper 550HF mine has caught fire and melted the wires 3 times. anyway its a ground mine goes behind the kickplate and is grounded}

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 346
Eldin T,

Is this the original remote that came with the system or a different one? You can also check to see if the antenna is still plugged in on the main unit and the windshield.

Dan,

1. If the black wire in not IN the harness and is just coming out of the case of the main unit, normally it is the antenna. DO NOT CONNECT THIS TO ANYTHING.

2. & 3. The only manual that I found on DEI's web site is the one you have.

Username: Limeni

hey Skater Bum thanks for such a fast reply,

Yes this is the original remote that came with the system, i was at work went on to my break and came back everything was working fine the alarm armed and locked the doors, i got off work try to unarm it and unlock it no luck, no response so i quickly google the problem from my phone no luck i found out how to disable the alarm with the valet switch and went home, i've checked the cables and they are all plugged in from the antenna to the unit, i tried to go back where i had it installed (BestBuy) and they said that this is an old system and they cant do anything, and i had the system installed just over 4 months ago with them, i dont know how to resync the remote ive read that that may cause the problem, and resyncing the antenna too i still dont know how to do it i think ive went through the owners manual about 10 times now

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 347
Eldin T,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 5900:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N5301V_05-06post.pdf

The programming information is on page 34. If you follow it step for step, you should have no problems. If the remote still doesn't work, it may be defective. You could try purchasing a new remote and see if the alarm will accept it or not. If it does, then you know your current remote is defective. If it doesn't accept it, then the problem may be with the alarm itself.

Username: Sergdanilyuk

Farmington, MN USA

Please help someone -i need viper 5701 installation manual. Thank you in advance

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 352
Serg,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 5701:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N5202V_2008_02web.pdf

Username: Sergdanilyuk

Farmington, MN USA

Thank you Skater Bum -you safed me alot of time and effort on installing 5701 viper on 2002 maxima.It works perfect now.Also i just completed installation on 2006 toyota solara (unit 5900) if anyone needs specific to car information i'll be more that happy to share

Username: Hareye

I have a viper 350hv installed and triggered the alarm the other night by opening the trunk. Everything still works properly but the led blinks constantly now even when disarmed and everytime i disarm, it beeps 4 times to tell me a door was triggered even though one was not. I tried pulling the fuse to reset the alarm but the led still blinks constantly, even when driving. Any help would be appreciated

Username: Anewbie

I have a Viper 550HF on 2001 Jeep Wrangler which was put in by the previous owner. Everything has worked fine (alarm, etc.) until recently the remote start stopped working. Basically, when I hit the buttons on the remote to start, it activates the starter on my Jeep and then continues to grind the engine for about 6 seconds and then shuts off. Interestingly, if I have the key in the ignition and turned to the start position and then hit the remote start it starts the engine fine. None of my local installers seem to want to look at it? Any ideas?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 354
A Newbie,

The wiring on a 01' Jeep Wrangler is fairly simple as remote starts go. If your vehicle has a transponder system in it, the problem may be with the bypass module. The antenna ring around the ignition switch may have shifted and the car's computer is not reading the signal.

Try holding the key right next to the ignition switch and remote start the vehicle. If it starts, then the problem is the bypass module's antenna ring needs adjusting. If it does not, then I would have to look more into it.

Username: Brand0

Skater Bum,

First off, thanks for your extensive knowledge and support and help with these alarm problems!

Now to get to my issue, which hopefully isn't too bad.

Alarm system: Viper 3000
Vehicle: Nissan 240sx
Remote: 474V / 488P

Issue:
I bought the car in 2007 with the alarm installed already. The owner informed me only the 474V remote worked and he had lost the LED remote. The system DID NOT have an LED OR a Valet switch.

I just bought a valet switch today in hopes to program the new 488p remote. Now i know the new LED remote is for a Python, but supposedly they (Viper/Python/Clifford) are all the same, so there should be no problems. Also, the remote is setup so that i lock/unlock normally, but to actually unlock the doors, i have to hold the AUX button for 2-3 seconds.

Now here is where the issue is. Open door, turn key to ON, press valet switch 9 times and HOLD. NOTHING happens. No sirens, no chirps. NOTHING. I do not know what mode i am in because of no red LED. Im now stuck and cannot program the new remote, please help!

Thanks!
s14guy04@gmail.com

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 355
brandon leung,

I would get an LED first. You may be in Valet Mode which would prevent you from programming a new remote.

Username: Brand0

Skater Bum,

Ill try to do that today, go get an LED. Is there anyway to tell if i am in valet mode or not w/o an LED? Once i get the LED, what steps do i take to get out of valet mode and into programming mode? Keep in mind the alarm works 100%, lock/unlock, arm/disarm, i just cannot get the siren to chirp after i press/hold the valet button 9 times.

Username: Camaro83

any one have a Installation Guide for the viper 7900 the new one

Username: Thawarrior10

look up several post there doug f. skater bum posted a link to it already

Username: Danut76a

Skater Bum,

I own a Car Alarm named SPIDER with FCC ID: J5523518R.
Please, if it's possible to send me any information about this car alarm (User Manual & Install Manual).
Thank You

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 357
DannyA,

Sorry, I do not have any information on this system.

Username: Merrfy

Munster, IN United States

Greeting,
I have a 97 grand prix and I'm running a viper alarm model 791xv, and lately i've noticed that I' loosing the range of my remote. before I could start my car from my bed room but now I have to start my car from my kitchen which happens to be near my garage any farther away and my remote starts to beep when its out of range. I thought it was the remote so I got a replacement remote, its was not the remote. so then I disconnected the negative cable from the battery for a few minutes, but that didn't work.
I would appreciate any help i could get

Username: Robertdpeterson

Redmond, WA USA

Bot a DEI AUTOMATE HORNET Viper KEYLESS Remote EZSDEI471 471T and do not know how to program it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Bob

Username: Hidguy

Skater Bum,

Sounds like you 'da man on these alarm issues! I've got a Viper 850XV in my 2000 Jeep Cherokee. It was "professionally" installed at Circuit City about 5 years ago. Recently, I had to pull the fuse because the lights and alarm were going crazy by flashing on and off without trigger. I've got a couple "add ons" that may be adding to my problem. I've got a relay connected to the 12V alarm output to power a 100watt police siren. And, since my HID (add on) lights are connected to my parking light as their trigger ... they flash during arm and disarm. I guess I need to first check the relay for the siren?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 359
Rick,

Does the siren work or are the lights just flashing?

Username: Hkdeiss

I just bought a Tacoma truck with Viper Alarm 350HV. For some reason the power widows sometimes work and sometimes it doesn't. I know for sure it is from the Alarm, because when the widows don't work, I shut the engine, open the door and then start the car and it will work.
One time I tried to disarm the car when the windows were open and the widows rolled up by themselves. Something is very screwy. it is intermiten problem, everything else with the alarm works fine.
Any help, thanks
Andy

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 360
Andy Kides,

It sounds like the window roll-up module has a broken wire on it or it was installed incorrectly. If you can tell me the make and model of the alarm system and the model number of the window roll-up module I could help you further.

Username: Hkdeiss

Skater Bum:
Thank you for getting back with me.
The Alarm is Viper 350HV, and the windows Module is the original that came with the Tacoma 2002 truck.
I beleive that the alarm was installed incorrectly. The reason I say that, is because now I hear noises behind the dash board and it is comming from the Air diverter module, the one that distribute the air to different location. As if someone keeps changing it around.
Which wire from the alarm module could be causing this intermitten power surges to the Windows module and the Air Diverter module, and where the heck could it be connected to.
Those two pieces are two separate modules, I am lost. please help.
Andy

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 362
Andy Kides,

I checked the wiring diagram for your 350HV and if it is connected to a window module it would have to be connected to one of the output wires on the system. It should be connected to either the WHITE/BLUE or the RED/WHITE wire. Find the alarm module and trace these wires to see where they go. Let me know what you find.

Username: Kingotopanga

Topanga, Ca

Skater Bum,
Do you have the link to the install manual for a Viper 350HV? I saw others, but not that one. Need to program a second 474V transmitter.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 363
Scott King,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 350HV:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N426V_07-05.pdf

Topanga, Ca

Skater Bum,
Thank you so much! Just what I needed. I'll take it from here.

Topanga, Ca

To all,
Here's a trick I discovered for my Viper 350HV transmitter that was acting flaky (probably will work with all pushbutton units, but i don't know about the ones with screens): First, replace the battery. When doing so, clean the battery contacts and the battery itself with contact cleaner (spray can from Radio Shack). If that doesn't fix the problem, take the guts out of the little case, and clean the contacts on the back of the buttons, and the circuit board traces they contact when you push them. Use a Qtip and liberal amounts of the contact cleaner. The cleaner will dry with no residue. Carefully put it all back together, and it should now work, at least better than before. You may need to do it more than once. Hope this saves someone a trip to the evil dealer!

Skater Bum,

Hey man, can I get the installation guide to the Viper 5101 system please? I got the owners manual already. Thanks so much!

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 364
Thanh N,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 5101:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/IG/Viper/N4102V_2008_09_web.pdf

YOU ARE THE MAN SKATER BUM!!!!!! thanks so much!

Username: Rose26love

P.o.s., W.i. Trinidad

i need the installation manual for a viper 460 XV car alarm

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 367
rosemarie,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 460XV:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/646011_Viper_460XV_Installation_ Guide.pdf

Username: Keinscooper

I have an 81 Corvette that had a Viper 300 Alarm installed prior to me buying the carr. I just picked up my car from storage and the battery was dead, jumped it to get it home, but now I have to jump it each time I want to start it. The Alternator is good, the battery is good....I believe my alarm is causing the problem. Any advise?

Topanga, Ca

Kevin,
Here's some quickie help...more to it, but it's a start. This assumes you have some car savvy (batteries can be dangerous, but you know that, right?):

Since the car was in storage, I would first suspect the battery or the cable connections at the battery. You didn't say how long the car was stored, but car batts go bad just sitting, if long enough. First, check the cables. There may be crud (technical term) between the cable connector and the battery post. Disconnect the terminals from the battery and wire brush the terminals and the battery posts. Also make sure the wire to terminal connection is solid. The white crud will dissolve nicely with baking soda and water. If it is a battery with cell caps, take off the caps and check the fluid inside. Add some distilled water if low (should be about an inch below the top of all six cells). Start the car and check the voltage across the terminals...should be 13.5-14.2V or so with the engine running. That means the alternator is working. Drive for awhile, or charge the battery fully with a charger. That may be enough to fix it. If the problem persists, check the battery under load, with a machine that does that. Any good shop should have such a device. Since the car will start with jumper cables, the only way I think the Viper could be causing the problem is if it is draining the battery between starting attempts. After the car has been running awhile, and the battery is fully charged (or close to it), turn off the ignition then immediately try to start it again. It should start right up, if all the above stuff checks out OK. If so, wait a day or two and see if it still starts OK. If not, the viper, or something else, is probably draining the battery (dome or other lights on?)
Hope this helps,

Scott King

Username: Keinscooper

I have confirmed the battery and the alternator are good. After driving, the car will not start again unless jumped. The only reason I bring up this being the Vipor Alarm, when my car was in storage (only 3 months), the person who owned the garage called me and said the car was beeping every 10-30 seconds. When I got to his house, the car was completely dead. The second we put the cables on the battery terminals, the alarms went off. We were able to jump it and get it going, but when I got it home again it was dead the following morning, I jumped it again and the alarm went off the second I got the cables on the battery. Some times when the alarm is going off, the remote will not turn it off and I just have to let it go through it's cycle until the alarm shuts itself down......very aggravating. There have been some otherr posts on here that sound similar...I will copy and paste one of them.

Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 10:20 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skater Bum, I have a Viper 500+ in my car which was working fine 3 months ago. The car has not been used for 3 months and the battery drained completely. When I tried jump starting the car, the alarm went off right away as soon as the cables were connected and would not respond to button 1 on the transmitter or the red wired VRS button. (In the past if I had to jump start the car I could always silence the alarm with button 1 on the Xmtr). In order to start the car I had to remove the 15A fuse in series with H1/11, (+) constant power input. The car starts and runs fine with the alarm fuse removed. With the engine running, if I insert the alarm fuse, the status LED flashes constantly and the alarm system does not respond to the Xmtr or the VRS switch. With the engine off and fuse in, the alarm triggers instantly and does not respond to the Xmtr, VRS or Valet buttons. This is with a door open or closed. I tried completely removing the alarm module and reconnecting it after a while to no avail. Any thoughts? Thanks.:.

Skater Bum
Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
USA

Post Number: 292
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 12:41 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beltone Jackson,

It sounds like your system is in what I call "static lockup." The only problem is you've already done what I would suggest you do to fix it.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 369
Kevin Cooper,

I would suggest charging the battery and disconnecting the alarm system wires/plugs from the main unit and let it sit overnight. If you come out and the car still has juice, it may be the alarm draining the battery. But, if the car is dead, there may be something else in the car causing the problem.

To prevent your alarm from sounding everytime you jump start your car, put it in Valet Mode. That way if your battery dies the alarm should remember its last state it was in and not sound the siren.

Username: 1goodman06

Hello Skater Bum. I just had my Viper 7900 installed by a local Directed dealer. Everything works fine but the remote start.
We push the * button to activate remote start and everything reacts but the car wont start. The shop toyed with it for a couple of hours but can not figure out why the car does not want to turn over. I have a 2007 Silverado so is there something they are doing wrong? This is the second unit I have had to have installed. The first one did not work @ all. I really need to get this fixed if you can help me some how.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 373
Simon Ayala,

Your vehicle requires resistors for the remote starter to work correctly.

The place where you had it installed may not have the right technical data to install the unit. Give me your email address and I'll send you the tech doc that you can print out and take to them. That way you can ask if the right interface was performed or not.

Username: Rose26love

P.o.s., W.i. Trinidad

thank u skater u r d man

Username: 1goodman06

Hi There Skater Bum,

My email address is simonaayala@gmail.com. Thank you for the quick response and please email me the tech doc that way I can get this going hopefully by Monday. Your respectfully appreciated and thank you again for the quick response.

Username: Laidlowmitsu

Salem, VA Usa

I have a viper 350HV. The remotes started to work intermittenly, then finally will not work all together. I replaced the batteries in the remotes when they started working intermittenly, didn't really change the functioning. The led still lights up on the remotes, but still won't arm/disarm. I believe I may just need to have the alarm relearn the remotes, plus I bought a new remote just in case the old ones are bad. Could some tell me the procedure for the alarm to learn the remotes? Thanks!

Username: Laidlowmitsu

Salem, VA Usa

nevermind, I found it posted earlier above. Guess thats what i get for not reading everything before I post....Thanks anyway.

Username: Qubit

re: Viper 211HV Keyless Entry System
As far as I can tell, this one's been asked but not answered...
I've got a handfull of Viper 211HV sans any docs. Found the User Guide online.
Can anybody provide a wiring guide- which wire goes where? Would love to have the whole Install Guide, but don't think it is available anywhere.
Thanks in advance, all y'all.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 375
Mike Corcoran,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 211HV:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N412V_01-05.pdf

Username: Qubit

Skater Bum-
First, thank you.
Second, I was actually hoping you wouldn't see my post (OK, for a few days ) so you could have a break. You've been busy helping a lot of folks. All of us helpees should get together and buy you a night out.
Again, thanks a lot.

Username: Sugasofresh14

****Hello Every1, I am in need of desperate help!!!!!****

I bought a Viper 7900 Remote start alarm 2way... At First it was working perfectly! But just last nite i armed the alarm.. after i armed it, I was messing with the remote and for some reason IT all of a sudden the pager started saying "Transmitting, OUT OF RANGE"... So i just ignored it and left it along... So this morning when I wake up, i try to Engage the remote start but the pager noted "Transmitting, OUT OF RANGE".. So I go down stars and stand next to the car and try to unlock it... but it still kept noting "Transmitting, OUT OF RANGE"... So i manually opened the car and the alarm was going off Like Carzzy!!! So i Had to disconnect the Siren... I then go inside and try to active the VALET switch but its not working, Unless i didnt know what i was doing? How many times am i suppose to Press to Engage Valet?? Well as the alarm is going off the remote is also paging its own siren!!! So this stuff P-me off, so i just unplugged the Brain, just the pins w/ the Power... I reset my remote by pressing the tiny whole in the back (pager) and then plug in the Brain.. Well now the remote dsnt page nor does it respond to the alarm... how can i reprogram the remote and just reset the whole alarm???
****Please help***** you can email @ sugasofresh14@aol.com

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 376
Robert Ortiz,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 7900:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N5501V_12-06post.pdf

Valet Mode is on page 60, Feature Menu is on pages 51-53, and I didn't find anything on a restore factory setting feature.

Username: Sugasofresh14

Thank you Skater Bum,

The Installation Guide was a great help! I managed to activate the VALET MODE and shut off the alarm, but i Still cannot program the remote... The remote keeps stating OUT OF RANG? How can I program the remote? Can you please assist?
Thanks again in advance

Username: Maxintosh

Hi, Is there a link to the 5901 USERS manual (not the install manual).

Also, which would be the best module to use for power windows and/or a power moonroof?

THANKS!

Username: Robert_jdm

hi skater bum i need help with my 350 hv viper alarm it was fine just one day i try to activate it after long day it dosnt chirp, the parking lights flash but thats it. the red alarm light stays on it dosnt flash on and off like it use to and the alarm isnt activated, do you know what can be happening here.....

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 378
marcos gil,

You must have put your system into Valet Mode. This is a very common question on here. Here's a link to the Owner's Guide which will explain how to take it out of Valet Mode. See page 13:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/viper/G426V_07-05.pdf

Username: Robert_jdm

damn homie thanks hit me up next time ur in s.d. ill buy you a beer.

Does anybody know where I can find an inexpensive remote replacement for viper 7900?
Thanks.

Username: Sloman

Hey Skater Bum,

I'm interested in keyless entry only for a base camry. I was looking at a 211HV when the dealer offered me the 350 Plus which he has in stock at the same price. Can you forward a link to the installation instruction and/or owners manual? Also any problem installing this without hooking up any door, hood or trunk pins, the starter cutoff, or the siren. Although I'm not sure how you would hear program chirps without the siren?

Thanks again, love this thread

Username: Sibbi

Hi all...

I'm trying to get my Viper 550HF, to work agane, it has been US for some time now, anyone have a installation manual for Viper 550HF?
SIA.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 381
Sloman,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the 211HV:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N412V_01-05.pdf

Owner's Guide for the 211HV:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/viper/G412V_01-05.pdf

Installation Guide for the 350HV:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N426V_07-05.pdf

Owners's Guide for the 350HV:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/viper/G426V_07-05.pdf

There shouldn't be any problems installing this without the alarm portion except, if for some reason you trigger the alarm, the parking lights will flash until you unlock the doors.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 382
Sigurbjorn Arngrimsson,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the 550HF:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N550hf.pdf

Username: Sibbi

Skater Bum,

Thank you for the link, it opens a "553 Series Installation Guide" is that one valid for programing the Viper 550HF equipment ?

Reg. S.A.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 383
Sigurbjorn Arngrimsson,

That's the one that comes up on DEI's web site when I do a search for 550HF so it should be fine.

I noticed the volume on the chirp while locking or unlocking the car is wayyy low. Is my battery being drained out or is there a setting for volume?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 384
Tismo momo,

Is the chirp the only thing that is quiet or is the siren quiet as well when the alarm is triggered? If it's quiet all of the time, then the siren might be bad. If it's only the chirps that are quiet, then there is a little black wire loop on the siren that is not cut. If you cut this loop the chirps will be as loud as the alarm when triggered. They give you the option to have quiet chirps over loud chirps so it does not annoy people. If you want loud chirps, simply cut this loop and tape off the ends.

Skater you are the man. Do you know how to install 529T window roll up module on an 04 altima?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 385
Tismo momo,

Does your 529T have 6, 8 or 10 wires? There are three different manuals.

Its actually this module right here. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3681_Directed+529T+Window+Roll-Up+Module.htm l

I am embarrassed to say I don't have yet. I just wanna make sure I can do this install.
I am assuming from the picture that the module has 8 wires.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 386
Tismo momo,

Actually, that is the 10-wire version. Here is a link to the installation guide:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/accessories/252931_529T_(10_wires)_Installation_Guide.pdf

(Due to its size, you may have to copy and paste the whole link instead of just clicking on it)

Your 04' Altima has Type A (Reversal Rest At Ground) windows and this unit should work on it.

Post Number: 9
The link keep asking me for a login.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 387
Tismo momo,

I got in just fine without logging in. You have to be sure to select the whole link and paste it into your browser.

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/accessories/252931_529T_(10_wires)_Installation_Guide.pdf

Post Number: 10
Got it. Thanks.

Username: Bigmacbert

Hey Skater Bum,
I have a viper C60 in my 94 Camaro with a DEI remote. I was wondering if you could tell me where I can find the programming instructions to program the remote. Your help would be greatly appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us