Pansat 2500A Clone help

Username: Axlada

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
was given a smartwave 2500A-n2 receiver and told that it is a pansat 2500a clone. need help finding a bin and which loader would I use.

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 280
dsscommunity and/or dssevolution sites will provide you with the bin files and loaders. You want the 290T or 289T with loader BL 1.4 and you'll be rolling!

Bronze Member
Username: Rtap

MIAMI, FL MIAMI

Post Number: 66
remember clones bin always end with T exam.290T

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7936
Remember that the "T" issue is for "Tivo" and ALL Pansat 2500 clone safe bins end in "T", ...there are other bins ending in "T" which are NOT Clone safe and are intended ONLY for genuine Pansat 2700 and 3500 receivers and Tivo use..

X- 85BL = 2500
X- 87BL = 2700
X- 05BL = 3500

With Pansat bins U need to know some basics, which U can tell usually by the Bin file name..

EXAMPLE ONLY....X-85BL_060927_279_db_api(N).zip

X- 8500 = Pansat 1500
X- 75 = Pansat 2300 bin
X- 85 = Pansat 2500
X- 87 = Pansat 2700
X- 88 = Pansat 2800
X- 05 = Pansat 3500
X- 95 = Pansat 5000
X- 60 = Pansat 6000

BL = Blacklist, a coder of Pansat bins

060927 is the date the bin was released/created by Blacklist...so 06 is the year = 2006, 09 = 9th month September, 27 is the day of the month = 27th day, 279 is the actually bin # which usually follows sequence from the previously released bin... so the above bin EXAMPLE means..

X-85BL_060927_279_db_api(N).zip....this bin was created/released by Blacklist for the Pansat 2500 on September 27, 2006...and it is bin number 279 which followed bin 278 and the next bin number whenever it is released should be 280..

Also remember that U must use the correct bin for your particular model, they are NOT interchangeable...

Also remember these bins are for Genuine Pansat receivers ONLY, NOT clones(imitations)!..they will damage your clone..

For Pansat CLONES, ?the bin file names are ALMOST exactly the same but usually will have the letter "T" (for Tivo ) after the bin number..such as bin number 279T...if U have a clone pay close attention to this and make sure U use a CLONE safe bin...usually clone bins will also say it in the post that its a Pansat bin made and modified ?for clones....so READ the description and file name VERY carefully before U attempt to upload it into your receivers..NOT all "T" bins are SAFE for clones either, make sure it says "Clone SAFE", some are just modified for Tivo use and NOT Clone use..

Also Pansat 2700 Clone bins do NOT end with "T", they usually are X-87BL.. date (061108)... bin # (284v)...example X-87BL 061108_ 284v1 and STATE clearly they are pansat 2700 CLONE bin

Pansat 2500 Clone bins will always end in "T"

Lastly again, read the ENTIRE file name, NOT only the bin number, because many times different models (1500-2500-2700 especially) will have the same bin number..and again , they are NOT interchangeable, and will do much damage to your receiver if U use the WRONG bin file!

BTW...the Fortec Ultra is considered a Pansat 2500 CLONE and uses the same bins as them..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1980
Sites:
http://www.totalfta.com

1. You need to go to Pantec, or Fortec section for the BIN (289T or 290T). Make sure there is a T at the end.
2. You need BL 1.4 updater and instuctions. They would be in the above sections or in Pansat section.
3. You need a straight RS232 DB9 F/F cable.
4. You may need some knowledgeable computer person with you.

Always unzip the files before using them - You can use winzip.exe from http://www.winzip.com
And READ,READ,READ,READ,READ

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 176
good post lk I am going to use it if you dont mind. I would like to put it on another site.
Very usefull and helpfull for anybody who assumes the T in a bin file makes it clone safe.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7972
I have NO problems using any post I write...thats what they are for, to SHARE...I do have problems with people like nalin, who use all my posts to capitalize and promote herself as someone with some DSS knowledge and as a tester, which we all know is not true!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2003
LK: Keep you conceit for your followers. I do not and REFUSE TO BORROW from your posts, because they are half hearted and half informative. I do not presume to know everything, the way you presume. I do not post in all the threads the way you do. I am qualified enough to do my own selective research.
I have told you time and again that you have a serious psychiatric illness and you need medical help.

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
so after all the reading and your help I can't seem to load the bin on this receiver, i keep getting the message "write failed [er1]. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have the pansat 2700a and the viewsat extreme and have never had any trouble with them.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 134
irio this is where you can find stuff for either pansat genuine or cloned.Upload

Username: A_syed

Mississauga, ON Canada

Post Number: 7
LK, Thanks for the elucidation. I have noticed that some members use small case 't' along with the Bin file number. What does that imply?

Username: A_syed

Mississauga, ON Canada

Post Number: 8
Ultimate abode of Pansat(s) - splendid illustration Cartier.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2077
Irio:
1. The 2700A and Viewsat Use null cable. Your 2500 or 2500 clone use a straight DB9 cable. The same cable will not work on both types of receiver. You will need
a) either a 9pin M/F adaptor with your Viewsat cable or
b) buy a separate 9 pin F/F Rs232 straight cable and use it on its own.
2. The 290T Bin comes doubly zipped. When you first unzip it you will get 4 zipped files. Select either DN_290T serial or BEV_290T serial and unzip it again to extract the BIN. Use BL updater 1.4 (unzipped) to load the approriate .BIN file.

Bronze Member
Username: Zibruno

Post Number: 28
HI Nalin i have a question concerning pansat2500.
I want to know if there is a way to ulock the locked chanels. I got this box from someone but they don't remember the codes that they had. If i do a factory setting will the codes reset to 0000 again?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2086
Bruskie: Try 1668 and 1010 first, and if not successful, do a factory reset.
If yours is a clone, let us know more details because the default PW for some of the clones is different from genuine Pansats.

Bronze Member
Username: Zibruno

Post Number: 29
It's a clone Nalin.
By doing a factory reset can it harm the machine?
I don't think so but it's better to be safe than sorry.........lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2101
You cannot harm the receiver by doing a reset. Make sure you note down the settings in user setup, and also the connections in
menu/installation/antenna
You will have to restore all these and then do rescan - probably a blind scan. You will also lose all your favourite settings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us