The truth about bi-wiring

Bronze Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 90
In the mid 90s, I was reading a review of a power amp and the writer mentioned that it could be bi-wired to the speakers. After that, I saw several revues where bi-wiring was mentioned, no mention of why to do so. I could not find articles or even advertisements about anything related. So I went to the high end store and asked about it. The sales person explained that it's about time correction and showed me a display of bi-wiring cable, a display made by monster in which the cable was cross sectioned so you can see the mid/tweeter wire wrapped around the woofer wire. He also demonstrated a bi-wired speaker compared with a single wired speaker, same make, same model, same amp. The bi-wired speaker sounded cleaner, clearer and its timing was tighter. If you still don't think bi-wiring is a good idea, doesn't make a difference, etc, Then don't do it!

My speakers are not bi-wirable, but when I replaced my 16 guage monster wire with 12 guage monster wire, on the package was monster's description claiming that this single wire could correct the time. I don't see how since all of the windings have the same solder point at both ends. I bought this wire because it was the cheapest 12 guage the store had, not because of time correction claims. As one would expect, the sound quality was improved by the thicker wire. The timing IS tighter, but whether that's from all of the windings or just thicker wire is anyone's guess.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15416

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23728
Wait, why do I feel like Dorothy?

***Looks around for Toto***

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Well Paul, I'm just clarifying a few points that were missed in my post in the other thread about the subject. If you don't see any value in bi-wiring, don't do it! What you do with your system is about what sounds good to you!

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15419

What if we don't see any "value" in you "clarifying" a few of your non-existent "points" that we tried to miss the first time?

ROTFLMAO!!!!

This thread's point isn't going to be any different than the others you're in. Prove me wrong, ignore this post.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Of course you wouldn't see the value Vangina! because you're a stupid childish punk scumb bag who knows absolutely nothing about audio or anything else! Why don't stick a telephone poll up your butt and rotate! I'm sure telephone poll would fit there with plenty of room to spare!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Hey Vangina! While you're busy "ROTFLMAO", Laugh at or better yet, choke on this: Your mother is a wh0re! She got pregnant with you by having sex with a goat. She couldn't afford to have you aborted, so she tried to give you up for adoption, but no one would take your ugly butt. By the time you were 10, she was pimping you out to g@y men! How's that for a laugh?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1722
Super, I reject your compliment in another thread. The (above) is simply unacceptable in a civilized society. You not only crossed 'the line' but obliterated it in the passing.

Why don't you take a class in SOMETHING and get a life? Or, failing that, GET some class?

I hope you have better impulse control in your 'real' life. In years past, where I came from, people with such poor interpersonal skills ended up in the Chicago River or buried out in Calumet.

I (hope?) you don't talk face-2-face with anyone like you write.

Gold Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1054
James you are a sick, miserable a$$hole. You have the nerve to type that after praising Leo for such a commendable post on another thread. The hypocrisy that takes is staggering. The lack of maturity, mind boggling. There is no place for that type of disgusting behavior.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23735
This will be taken care of shortly I'm sure. Much sooner if the admin would only allow the obvious need to happen. Tolerance has its' limits.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
Sorry guys, but Vangina had it coming. He wouldn't back off. No I don't normally talk to people like that and don't normally approve of such talk. I warned him more than once, but he just had to back me into a corner! So he got what he deserved. End of story. I complimented Leo because he spoke to Plymouth in a mature respectful manner unlike Vangina. That's normally how I discuss things with people. I'm being honest here

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23737
Either way, you can't expect respect if you take it to that level. It only spawns this reaction from the forum.

Trying to be unbiased here.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
No matter which way you look at it, he had it coming. There is just no getting around it. He's no saint, he talks down to everyone including his loyal supporters. Plymouth and I just got the worst of it because we've got the spines to stand up to him. We're not afraid to tell him when he's wrong and he doesn't know everything. So think what you will of me, but see what happens when you dissagree with him.

Gold Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1056
"That's normally how I discuss things with people."

Not from what I've seen. I don't have any idea what would lead you to type something like that, but you were hardly backed into a corner. You're on a forum for cryin' out loud, not in an alley. Nobody treated you in a way that deserves that, no matter what rationalization you want to make. Take responsibility for your actions James. You DECIDED to type that, no one forced you. You were calling someone else a coward ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
Chris, look at every thread where he and I both posted. (There are only about 5 tops) He was constantly attacking me at every turn. He kept on with the insults. Really read what he says to me. It's a bunch of uncalled for stuff. I mean he attacked every single thing I said and giving these ridiculous challenges where I have to leave the thread if I don't prove him wrong? You saw what happened when Plymouth proved him wrong. He refused to admit defeat. YES I DO NORMALLY discuss things the way I said I do. I was just never given a chance to here. Then he comes into this thread and starts crap? I don't think so! As soon as he saw it was started by me, he should have left the thread and not said a word. Oh and regardless of a person's age, experience, etc, I don't take being spoken down to by anyone!

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15424

Guys, you all do what you want but I think the boy here has shown what's in him. I say we let him starve. Remember this thread as it may be useful but don't respond to him from here on out. He and P are the two drunks at the end of the bar who only get louder and more obnoxious when they get attention. P's got a history of doing this all over this forum. So, starve them of attention and let them have each other. I don't see that anything they say is worth it.

Gold Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1057
"Oh and regardless of a person's age, experience, etc, I don't take being spoken down to by anyone!"

Oh, I can see that you have some issues. No question about that. I wonder if you'd be so bold in person ? Easy to John Wayne it on an internet forum isn't it ?

Really, grow up. Whatever validation you are looking for you're going to have to get somewhere else. You ruined any chance of getting respect here.

Gold Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1058
Agreed Jan.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
I'm not looking for validation, I'm just saying "Look at what he said to me." Just read it. The first time he spoke to me was just after I explained the difference between bi-amping and bi-wiring. He asked me my age and experience. The intent was obvious, he planned to belittle me. By this point, I'd already seen him talk down to Plymouth, Nuck and a number of other people. Really read what he says to me and ask yourself how long you think you'd put up with that before you snap. Be honest now. Again, he had it coming and everyone knows it whether they want to admit it or not!

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
Oh Vangina is still talking in here? Do I have to unleash more on you, you moron?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15273
Jan

"He and P are the two drunks at the end of the bar who only get louder and more obnoxious when they get attention. P's got a history of doing this all over this forum"

P's has also a history of very good helper also, LK and his friend was kicked by me because they was very rude with members.

If you talk about those troublemakers that I kicked out then come back with false nicks to rot the satellite forum as well that Brian Mitchell, found better thing to bash me!

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
Just forget it Plymouth. Now they plan to ignore us. Now that Vangina has pushed me to the point where I said what I didn't want to say, they want to turn tail and run like the cowards they are. Vangina refers to us as drunks. He should look at his biggest supporter. What I don't understand is that he thinks by insulting us, talking in circles, and posting links that have nothing to do with the BS he's trying to push, he's going to force us to agree with him! I know for an absolute fact that most of what he touts is just plain wrong. How do I know 1) The electronic engineers I have known taught me how things ACTUALLY work and 2) Experiments I did. But even if he was right, why belittle people? Why keep arguing? What if you, I or anyone else is determined to believe something else? Of what consequence is that to him? Even if I believed something that was wrong and it cost me money, what is that to him? It's not like he'd have to pay for it. Lesson learned right? As for him and his pathetic bunch of followers, why do they flatter themselves? I don't care what they think of me as a person or otherwise. Vangina blew any chance he had of me respecting him the 1st chance he got. The very first time he responded to one of my posts, even before that when I saw what he said to you and everyone else. So, they can go rot in the sess pool of miss information. I hope they enjoy their little fantasy world.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15275
superjazzyJa(me)s

They plan to ignore us?

No! I think that they don't know what doing to kick me and you!
They tried with technic but that did not work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
They said they're going to ignore us. At least 2 of them (idiot #1 and a follower) said they will. Let's see if either of them are EVEN man enough to stand by their words on this. I doubt it. If they, no loss here. I'll enjoy the peace!

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1726
Super,
All you have to do is issue a PUBLIC APOLOGY for your massively vulgar post.
Making nice-nice now simply won't cut it.
So what about who attacks who? Try to understand the concept of the fact. .......I think you said something about tubes increasing power into lower impedance loads? Now didn't you? You never offered a proof or link or even a hint that you understood your misstatement. I was frustrated just reading it....your inability to grasp a simple fact, which is why I mentioned 'AMP101'.

My rule? If I wouldn't say it to someones face, I generally wouldn't post it. You APPEAR to be a schmuck and a minion of Plym.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
Leo, the companies stopped making tube amps, therefore the information about the tube amps is no longer available. I know for an absolute fact that I saw the claims that I saw back when those companies were making tube amps.

Plymouth and I talk. Neither one is a minion to the other. I don't agree with everything Plymouth says, but I don't belittle him.

We all saw what happened when Plymouth proved your fearless leader wrong. He denied the truth when it was put right in his face. Plymouth put up the specs for solid state amps. Only one claims it can double its output into 4 ohms! Read for yourself.

I am not trying to make nice, nice. I simply advised Plymouth to test his amp. I had the same concerns as you did. What I was directed at Plymouth, not at you.

A public apology? Not gonna happen unless Jan apologizes to me for all of the insults he hurled at me, Plymouth and everyone else he talked down to. Not that I will ever try to justify what I said, but sooner or later someone was going to say something like that to him. Now he wants to play the ignore/"starve me of attention" game? What makes him think for even 1 second that I'm going to be upset and leave because he or anyone else ignores me? Dream on!

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13354
I've missed this and several other threads here of late (thank God) but read something that I found disturbing. Who are we referring to as "Vangina". Is there someone here by that name? I hope no one here is referring to anyone else here with an insult or degrading bigo ted remark or nickname. That would be offensive to me and everyone here and uncalled for under any circumstance. I have not read this thread and won't however that word caught my attention. I don't get along with everyone here but I would never stoop to hate to make a point.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
Yeah Art it's probably best to avoid this thread. I think even people who hate me will agree when I say you'll be a dodging a bullet!

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15509
Art did not dodge anything, James, you avoided alienating him even further.

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
I suppose Nuck, but sometimes people try to play peacemaker and get caught in the crossfire.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
So, for those interested, ignore all of the ugliness, starting with the 2nd post in this thread, read the first post and you'll see what speaker wire companies are claiming.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
If you doubt what speaker wire cos are saying about time correction. go to web sites or visit a high end store and ask.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us