New XBox with Kinect (You are the controller)

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14258
It will give a serious competitor to Wii!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22955
What made Wii such a hit was its' originality. Everyone HAD to have one to experience it. Doctors were recommending them to their patients for exercise and kids just loved the interaction. Why didn't it catch as big as they thought it would? Because the game ultimately showed us how lazy we are. Advertisers will always push the positives but in reality unless you're a 9 year old who just downed 3 mountain dews the game gets old quick. What we NEED to be doing is going outside and actually running or playing tennis or baseball with our kids instead of developing ways to "simulate" it indoors. The Frisbee, Hula hoop, Pogo stick, ect were inventions that made us move and didn't cost $400. Kids today have no motivation or imagination for the outdoors like I had. Everything is electronically fed to them through a cell phone, video game or computer screen. Why think at all when it's all magically done for them, for a price?
Also, the idea of controlling th tv with hand gestures has drawbacks. How would anyone like it if every time we raised our hands to cheer for our favorite team the channel changed?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15443
OK

I acquired the Kinect today then I'm so tired now!

The beast work fine but need a good lighting to work well, the camera is motorized and the setting is easy, the new XBox with 250 gigs of memory has a better picture that the lat year model, that come with a ready in board Wi-fi link then a remote controler. The Kinect Adventures is also include in my package, funny to play but there is few good other games that I tried much more funny.

Nintendo with their poor picture quality will be out of the game!

Username: Serg82

Post Number: 2
Wow just bought a Kinect today and I am beyond impressed. The functionality and easy setup is amazing. It came with that adventure game and I didn't really play it but have been having fun on Kinect sports.
I really like how the Kinect determines who is playing. I am so happy I bought it and don't have to worry about a controller coming loose and going through my new TV. Wii is going to be in serious trouble I only hope developers start being able to incoorperate other regular games with the kinect. I would love to see a COD or Halo for it.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15974
We'll see how well it affects overall health of the average American. Hopefully Kinect and Wii will come up with more body movement based games.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us