Who's making the decisions at Microsoft?

Bronze Member
Username: Tunasalad

California US

Post Number: 76
Hi,

My name is Stefan and I wanted to start a discussion about nex-gen consoles and HDMI. I have both a PS3 (got it like 2 days ago), and a 360 from Christmas. I have always bashed the PS franchise like crazy because they lack ANY decent exclusive software (see Playstation 2). The PS3 was a great suprise. The Blu Ray through HDMI to my SONY SXRD RPTV was fabulous. NBA 07 was stunning, both in graphics and gameplay. Resistance and many more titles are also very appealing. I found myself thinking that I should have got the PS3 first. Just last month I was bashing the PS3. Why did my opinion change? Because someone at Microsoft seems to think that no one with an HDMI compatible TV wants to use their XBOXes for 1080p games or movies. If my XBOX could play HD DVDs then I never would have even considered the PS3. I guess my question is, Why is Microsoft openly denying the rumor that they will ever support HDMI? What the hell is the point of an HD DVD player that doesn't play in True HD? Also, what is the significance of the "underground" pictures that depict a xbox with and HDMI output, (they are pretty convincing)? My most pressing question is, Why wouldn't Microsoft make a console capable of 1080p via HDMI? I certainly would have paid at least $150 more for mine.

If anyone has any input on this, I would greatly appreciate the response,

Thanks, Stefan

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3726
because the graphcis chip of the xbox 360 doesn't support hdmi if they wanted to change that and put a hdmi support they will have to change completely the xbox architecture and will be super expensive for microsoft.

anyways because of the processing power of the xbox 360 if they make hd-dvd games because of the large amounts of data on the disc, the xbox 360 will have to sacrifise power for the data acces. and wiht the extra power that was given to acces the large amounts of data the xbox 360 will not be available to run at full 1080p with no crappy framerates. plus they will have to design a motherboard bigger cpu and a better case that cant make the tempeture even lower since all of this will cause alot of heat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us