Connect bookshelf speaker to PC via M-Audio preamp

Username: Nikki_teninbaum

Post Number: 1
Hello. Pleas let me start by saying that I am a complete novice when it comes to audio so any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a set of speaker that came with a RCA book shelf stereo system. I no longer use the stereo and I would like to connect the speakers to my computer. There are 4 wires coming from the back of each speaker. Can anyone tell me what I would need to do to these in order to hook them up to a device called a M-Audio Mobile Pre which is the "sound card" I currently use on my pc. Thanks in advance for the helpful info.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5083
You'll need an amplifier for the speakers. The bookshelf system has an amp in it, does it also have RCA inputs? You can just hook up your soundcard to your bookshelf system and then select 'aux-in' and play your computer's sound through your bookshelf system. Otherwise you'll need an amplifier such as a home receiver to power the speakers. Let us know about the RCA shelf system's input, and then we can tell you what wiring you need to get to make it work. For what it's worth, you'd be better off just getting better computer speakers when you compare to the cost of a new home receiver/amplifier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us