Laptop connect to LCD TV, how?? HDMI

Unregistered guest
So, my new tv 32" LCD Phillips TV, has HDMI connections and it says that to connect a pc, you must connect the HDMI to the DVI of the PC.. However, I have a laptop and it has VGA like most others. Is there anyway that I can connect the computer to the tv this way? I also tried VGA to component and for some reason the tv is not detecting the signal... Help please. Thanks

Mikewithlink
Unregistered guest
check this out have the same tv and same problem.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/DVI_ADC-converter.html

Username: Hu_oz

Post Number: 1
Hello I have sony vaio laptop vgnfs415s and it has a s-video output on the side of it. My lcd tv 32" samsung has a s-video input on it and I have been trying for hours to get the computer to show up on the tv screen. I have connected the cables correctly but nothing comes out.help me please.

Bronze Member
Username: Slntdeath

Post Number: 21
Huseyin,
There's a set of keys on every laptop to enable TV-Out. You will see a small picture of what looks to be a monitor on one of the Fx keys(Usually F5). If, In your case, The key is F5, Press the "Fn" key + "F5". If that doesn't work, Update the latest Graphics Card drivers from the manufacturers website.

Username: Kenken87

My laptop screen condemn already, so i link it with a LCD screen. But after i format my windows, then need to register personal information before enter the windows. At this time, i unable to see anything in my LCD screen, and my laptop screen too due to screen condemn. I also cant use the FN + F5 function since not yet enter windows. NOW i Am stuck in there!!! PLESAE HELP!!!

Username: Acrostwyck

I have a sony vaio laptop and a 19" sanyo lcd tv. The screen on my laptop had been broken for a while and i plugged the hmdi cable into it and the tv and for about a week it displayed on the tv. But then randomly the computer all of a sudden stopped acknowledging the cable, and I had changed no settings or anything. So now, even tho the screen is fixed, I cannot get the computer to recognize that it is connected to the TV and there are no options i can find to make it work. please help?

Username: Lvhjr

Cinnaminson, NJ United States

Connecting your PC to a HDTV can be easy depending on your OS, XP, Vista or Seven and the display output connection on the PC. If you are using a newer OS, they can handle two different displays. However, you will need to change the second display to an HDTV compatible resolution like 720P,1080i or 1080P, that is acceptable to the HDTV. A less expensive converters will now work in the application. If you are using an older OS you will require a converter with a scaler to match the HDTV resolution requirement.
http://www.ramelectronics.net/audio-video/video-converters/c10000-c11200.html

Username: Sahil19891

i want to connect my hp laptop dv4-1319tu having both HDMI and VGA port to sony bravia ex400
so which is the best way to connect?

Username: Digitalpbk

You should definitely check this out
connecting laptop and tv with hdmi
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums