JVC mini-dv camcorder

Username: Johnonecoustics

Post Number: 1
hi. I have a jvc mini-dv (gr-d231u). I'm looking for a program that will allow me to put my dv cassettes onto the computer and edit them. it is important that the program is user friendly and doesnt diminish the quality of the video.

I am willing to purchase a program if its not too expensive. My computer is a couple years old.

I just have no idea what program would work for this camera and what some easy to use and quality programs are. The program that came with the camera is pixela imagemixer 1. I havent heard anything good about it though and don't have it anyway.

Thanks for any advice.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15153
You need to assess the capability of your computer.

You have to have firewire input and NOT USB nor some sort of adapter that can use USB. It will not work...period.

You need at a minimum...1G of RAM.

An operating system of no less than a Windows XP Pro...non of that home edition crap.

And for software...Windows Movie Maker is OK, but it is very buggy. I've worked with it but it's only good at making some slideshow...there is a reason why it is free. Try it, it may be good enough for your needs.

If you want to do some decent editing and such, try ULEAD or PINNACLE.

If you want some serious movie editing, use Adobe Premier...but it will take up a lot of resources...most good systems do.

And then get yourself a Mac :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us