Finally Some Day Pics Of My Setup SX15, RE 12.1 etc.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 342
Finally Some day Pics, My pics at night are in another thread. I Have a RE SX15, Re 12.1, Tsunami 1.2 Farad Power Cap, Alpine MRV-F340, Clarion VRX755VD head unit, 6.5" Alpine Type S Coaxils in back and 6.5" Infinity's in the front ( I forget what model) Let me Know what You Guys Think...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 635
nice man

Bronze Member
Username: Derick06

Texas, Rio G... United States

Post Number: 26
Nice setup man

Can I ask you how you have your sub wired?
I have an 12" sx and a 12.1 as well but i have had many problems with the amp. Is your sub the standard dual 2 ohm or did you special order it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
the SX is dual 2 ohm, wired to 1 ohm. As you know the amp puts out 1200 RMS x 1 at 1 ohm (more when engine is running). I have not had any problems with the amp, I love it, tons of power. I have the gain at about 1/2.

Bronze Member
Username: Derick06

Texas, Rio G... United States

Post Number: 27
I can see that your amp is bridged right?
I have wired a 10" L7 and the amp can't move it at all. I sent it back to RE and they sent it back with a testing sheet and it says that it puts out 1270 wrms at 1 ohm. I am also thinking it could be my head unit which is 2v pre amp. I am thinking of getting the new Premier 880 or the 980 im not sure yet. Maybe that will help out a little or I am also thinking it could be the alternator.
Thanks for the quick response and I really like your setup. very clean.

Silver Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 195
hey mike jones , was that box hard to make for your camaro i have a 85 camaro that i half to make a custom box for, do you knwo how many cuft your box is?

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 328
Looks great man, I always love setups in camaros, they look great.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3562
looks good mike.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 598
on the 12.1, are the power and ground wires different sizes? or am i seeing things?

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 209
how big is that port? looks sick as hell! why did you get two different types of door speakers and how do they sound together?

Silver Member

Post Number: 344
to answer all of your questions, I had a car audio place build the box, its 4 cubic feet. The ground wire is 0 gauge and the power wire is 4 gauge, I had 4 gauge with my old set-up and just never got around to changing the wire to 0 gauge cuz i'm lazy. I did change the ground because I could do it pretty quickly. The amp still gives plenty of power. The port is like 7 or 8 inches in diameter (in the actual pipe, not the black piece at the top) I have had the infinity's for a while and just recently I got the type S's from a friend that sold them to me brand new for $20....can't beat that, they sound good together, I can't notice a difference in them being 2 different pairs of speakers. My port rattles a shitload though and I don't know what to do to stop it. the port goes down and elbows towards the subwoofer inside the box, and then its just the open PVC pipe sitting inside the box, like 3 inches from the bottom of the box.... if somehow I could stabilize it maybe it wouldn't rattle as much.... any suggestions???

Silver Member
Username: Timothy_314

Post Number: 170
WHO!!!

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 367
hey mike i think camaros an firebirds an trans am got like the same hole thing in the haych or w/e lol but is der any way u can get a pic of the whole box outa the car cause i got 2 10 sx in a firebird an the biggest box i got 2 fit is a 2.6cuft in the hole an i wanna go bigger 2 make the sounds sound louder but i can only get the 2.6 cuft i just want sum pics so i can c how they build it 2 git the 4 cuft that would b great thankx

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1545
"WHO!!"

Mike Jones

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 816
Upload

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2940
looks good and clean, I bet it hits and reflexs real nice off that hatch...

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
yes it does, the SX15 is a work-horse...

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 383
hey mike jones can u make ur hatch do like a wave thingy from side 2 side with the low bass try mike jones.. what ya know or yung joc.. patrone i just noticed the front windsheild an the roof flexin not as much but u can c it move in an out go0d. roof anit goin 2 flex alot since its small an an braced up unlike them 4 door cars an suvs hatch flexes pretty go0d

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 384
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
S.P.D. what kind of amp is that and whats it put out? I will get some pics of my box for you and put them up asap. How do the 2 SX10's sound? In your opinion do you think its better than my SX15? What color is your neon bars? If you look in my pics I have Streetglow (blue) LED's that highlight my system. I superglued them on to the panel near the speakers in back.

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
Some Night Pics

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 385
iam just usin it as a strobe but i got a black light 2 light up the white furr but got blue under car kit under the car an its a orion 2500d 1700W @ 2ohms since the subs are dual 2ohms had the subs for awhile but didnt have a amp an if i new i was goin 2 get this amp i would have goten dual 4ohm subs an its pretty loud but i no i can make it way louder if i had room for a bigger box but the amp puts out 2500W @ 1ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 353
S.P.D. Here you go, thats how you get the extra space....

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
so right now ur pushing 1700 RMS into the two SX10's? Very nice, must get quite loud. I'm pushing about 1300 RMS with the RE 12.1

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
Some pics of the ride....

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
Side view, Lowered 3" and 20% Tint. Yes I Know I Need Rims LOL. I have a new spoiler to paint and put on first, then next will be rims....

Upload

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 386
i love them camreos an trans ams an firebirds just the shape lol i wanan get tint on it but my mom said no but i got the 5% on my car but the bird got sum 17s an decals an system neons an sh1t liek that when i get a chance 2 go 2 homedepot iam thinkin of buyin 4 sheets of mdf an can u open the paint program an draw the box an right how big the pieaces are that would b great its goni 2 b a custom custom box lol an u might wanna seal up the hole where the wire is an should i do a slot port might b kinda hard or shoud i use pvc?

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 387
i tryed buyin the 12/1 but they wasnt sellin them 2 ppl anymore only dealers an i should b atlease runnin 2000W but they r dual 2 so i could only get them @ 2ohms dotn wanna fry the amp @ .5 ohms

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 388
Upload

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 390
mike jones u gota sn so when can talk about that box cause iam buyin 3 sheets of wood 2mar 2 sheets for my 8cuft box an 1 sheet for the firebird box like urs mine sn is SHADYLIMITEDX

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 106
woweee! I wish I would have pick up some RE's when the price was right!

Silver Member

Post Number: 389
I have since upgraded to a 4 farad Power cap, and 6.5" infinity KAPPA60.7CS front speakers...

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
and my port doesn't rattle anymore lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 394
I have had my RE SX15 and 12.1 Amp for over 2 years and no problems at all.

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 457
Did you say a car audio shop built your box? what's there name and phone???

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 4876
everything looks nice just let someone else carpet your box next time...

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1384
Yea.. that Box looks like something out of a horror movie.. Looks like blood is spreaded all over it... Could be cool for Halloween tho

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15585
Nice Camaro.

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
JULY 2008 UPDATE:

Just sold my camaro, and sold the Clarion Screen and Alpine amp with it.

SX15 and RE 12.1 still Bumped as hard as the day i got it 2+ years ago, and have had ZERO problems.

I will have to have a new box built and put them in my new car.

RE is top quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us