Finally got a new TV

Bronze Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 46
Sorry about the picture quality my camera sucks.

The rear left side didn't even come out but it's the same as the right side. I aware that my sub placement it's the best but have no other options at this time.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2019

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 463
Nice gear man

Silver Member
Username: Cuylar

Post Number: 245
you have very nice equipment. have you tried spreading out the speakers a bit?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
The room shape really dictates the placement, you can see the fire place in the second picture down, that sticks out about two feet meaning it can't go right. If I moved the CD rack and went left the left front would be way close to the right surround, see the french doors. The bottom line is the room really kinda sucks for a setup, however, the room through the French doors is perfect of a digital projector and is a perfect rectangle, someday?

Bronze Member
Username: Dmitchell

Post Number: 14
What kind of speakers are your fronts?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Technics SB-T200's, about 7 years old, I think Technics got bought out by Panasonic and they don't make them anymore. I did recently blow a tweeter and was able to replace it though.

Bronze Member
Username: Dmitchell

Post Number: 16
Nice. They look loud. *lol*

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Thanks, they get the job done. I upgraded my receiver last year and they really sound awesome with the new one.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 183
Congratulations!

Looks like you hit a home run. What display is that? I am guessing a Pioneer or Panasonic, but my eyes aren't what they used to be.

What cab\sat service are you using? Do you have an OTA antenna? Do you have a favorite channel for eye candy? How does standard definition look?
Pros? Cons?

I am sure you are very pleased. I would be.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
It's actually a Polaroid and I get my service through Time Warner. I'm a sports nut so right now ESPNHD and CBSHD(NCAA tournament) are getting a lot of air time but just for pure visuals the Discovery channel has some amazing stuff.

Not sure what a OTA antenna is so I'm guessing I don't have one but standard def looks really good if the signal is a strong one.

The only con I have about the TV, and I read this in a review before I bought it, is the sound from the TV speakers is weak but that's why I spent $100's on audio equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 184
Over The Air antenna.

I get my local channels via OTA, and I must say, they are some of the best looking signals I get. Satellite is pretty good but PBS is spectacular via OTA. Saves me a little money since I do not have to pay for local channels. Also gives me some redundancy, in case satellite goes out. I also use it for FM but I have to admit, I do not listen to radio stations much any more.

Bronze Member
Username: Movie_collector

, California U.s

Post Number: 15
Nick .. Ever thought about placing your equipment on top of an area rug or at least the Sub?. It may give you some more bass?, just a thought. Your Sub looks cool and I like your big screen, look very similer to my pioneer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
Have to admit I never thought of an area rug, not so sure the chief would go for that?

Bronze Member
Username: Movie_collector

, California U.s

Post Number: 18
LoL .. Got ya. I know, it took me yrs to get my system to this point.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4988
The sub doesn't work on the right side of the TV? Either way, it's a nice sub and works where it is. :-) That's a Polaroid TV?

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
A few upgrades. I finally invested in a decent remote, the Logitech Harmony 880, well worth the price.
Upload
Then I upgraded my XBox to a XBox360 and I just picked up the ToshibaA3 HD-DVD on the cheap of course.
Upload
Now for speakers, I upgraded from the Yamaha sub to a Klipsch Synergy KSW-10 sub. It is rather bigger than the Yamaha so I had to move it all the way on the side of the couch.
Upload
I was so impressed with the Klipsch sound that I upgraded me rear surrounds to Synergy SS.5's.
Upload
Upload
And finally my center channel to the Synergy SC.5.

Upload
I'd like to say I'm done but that would be a lie, I'm already looking for a good deal on some Klipsch book shelves to replace my Sony surrounds, I think it sounds awesome though and I'm totally happy with it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us