Cheapoppo system

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2086
I've worked on this for years and I have a very low income so be forewarned.

System:
Video:
Panasonic 27" TV ($800 *new*), still going strong
Xbox and Dvd Player (only $300)

I only payed about 50 bucks for the Dvd Player, but it was 150. I don't think I've payed full price for anything in my system.

Audio:
Yamaha HTR-5740 (300 new)
KLH AV5001 mains (300 new)
JBL 4311 surrounds (700 new in 1972)
Bose model 100s in series for center ($300 new)

Uh...I paid around $270 for all of that stuff above, so including accessories I've only spent maybe $500 total.

The next upgrade I think will be either a subwoofer/speakers (I blew my UltraCube 10 BTW) or a receiver, the choice between UltraCube 12, Pioneer 81(forgot the rest), or probably some pair of mains, or surrounds and move the JBL's up as mains and move the KLH's into service as a subwoofer (right by the JBL's powered by my Scott amp (60wx2, it's ok) just for that extra oomph needed down low.

If I go the way of the Pioneer Elite, I can of course swap out all connections on it, I'll probably use the Scott amp for surrounds (JBLs) since that combination sounds so great and shouldn't hurt anything so long as the MCCAC does it's job. I'm leaning currently towards the receiver.

If I go the way of the subwoofer, the UltraCube 12 would be because I can't use store credit out of store...the 4 Fi Q's and EP2500 would create 130+dB at 20hz I'm sure.

I'm sure I'll get the receiver, I am.

PICS? Where are they?

I DONT HAVE A CAMERA! I'm trying to get a hold of one just so people know what system I have to deal with everyday.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank yee!?

Bronze Member
Username: 1lakerfan

Post Number: 91
and you did'nt like my set up?

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2091
I did and still do...

Bronze Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 20
and you cried wolf on mine and then you keep insulting subby

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2094
Everyone's system...I don't care who it is, could use improvement somewhere.

Well yeah...I guess I'm a fan of big speakers and subs with clean power etc. If you haven't heard of pair of 4311s...come on take a listen.

I like everyone's setup I've seen here so far. What is your sub anyway Angelo?

Bronze Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 21
Definitive PF 15, 15 inch with 180w amp, trust me, its an oldy but a goody, Definitive still make some of the best subs for the money, if I were you I would get a receiver, pic like 5 good brands pioneer elite, integra, marantz, hk, and so on, and then waite for a good deal like I did

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2106
I'm sure the sub is just fine.

My choices are between Pioneer Elite Vsx-81Txv or Rotel 1057 receiver.. since they're both great deals for me.

Bronze Member
Username: Josh1005

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 43
you should look at the Onkyo sr-804 lots of options great sound and good power, at least for me it is not sure how many watts your looking for?? but the onkyo is a great reciever and it is not tooo expensive

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2141
You see, the problem is that I have store credit at a place and they sell the 81 and Rotel (the Rotel would actually cost less than the Onkyo for me..).

That being said, the Onkyo would take me around 1.5 years to get the money together (no kidding..) and I'll have enough for the 81 in a couple weeks (considering store credit) and the Rotel in a couple months.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 469
Andre you dont like the sound of Harman kardon?

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2177
I've never heard it? If I can find one to listen to, I can comment on if I do or don't.

The store I have credit at only sells Rotel, Pioneer Elite, and Marantz...receivers that is.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4909
Heh, that's awesome that it was purchased on such a tight budget.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us