My New Plasma HT Setup

Username: Dmitchell

Post Number: 6
I've slowly over the past 2 years been building up my home theatre system. My latest addition is a Hitachi 50" Plasma which I just got a couple of weeks ago. The A/V receiver is a rather old Kenwood KR-X1000 (still sounds pretty good - especially in stereo mode). Here's a list of my gear (keep in mind this is still a work in progress):

Hitachi 50" Plasma
Kenwood KR-10000
Paradigm Monitor 7's v4(fronts)
PSB Alphas (surrounds)
Monster HT-200 power conditioner
Velodyne VX-10 Sub
Precision Acoustics 8" Sub (being replaced eventually with another Velodyne)
Sanyo DVD (being replaced with HD-DVD player)

I ordered an Outlaw M2200 monoblock to power the center which should be here next week, and will soon be getting an NAD C272 to drive the fronts.

Post Number: 7
Hmmm. I uploaded photos as per directions, but they're not showing up. Apparently I'm an idiot.

Post Number: 8
Had to resize...Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 440
Nice stuff man

Yea that 8" sub isnt the best but it works

Looks good!

Post Number: 9
Thanks Kyle!

Yeah, the 8" is a Best Buy special, but I'll be sending that down to the basement eventually to fill in my secondary system.

I actually have a set of Klipsch Synergy F2 hooked up the the B channel of the Kenwood that are in another room.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1920
Build an IB!!! Build an IB!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Movie_collector

, California U.s

Post Number: 16
Looks clean. Suggetion. Hope you dont mind. I would move the center below the big screen, remove the drawer and turn it into a shelf for your receiver. Just a thought. It would make a big difference with the center.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Hi Brad, thanks for the tip. I've considered moving the center channel below, but the wife factor prevents me from removing the drawer. She likes the storage. I've compensated for the height of the center by trying to aim it downwards towards the seating position. I've also got a 200 watt monoblock for driving the center too, to give a bit more power and clarity.

Bronze Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 55
I like it, looks very clean.

Incidentally, I recently went through the same shelve issue with mine. In the end I fit all my components and am glad "I" made the decision to leave it in for storage.

Bronze Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 71
Upload
Upload

Hey all,

I've gotten around to re-organizing my HT system a little bit. I took Brad's advice and moved the center channel on the shelf directly beneath the screen. I must say it makes a difference anchoring the dialog the screen.

I now have my Outlaw monoblock driving the center, and have the NAD C272 driving the fronts. I also upgraded the rear surrounds to Paradigm Atom v5's.

I'm pretty happy with the system so far.

Bronze Member
Username: Movie_collector

, California U.s

Post Number: 34
looks great!

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 252
The center channel was better off on top of the TV acoustically.

Nice setup!!!

Bronze Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 72
The problem with the center on top of the TV was two fold:

1) The center was set far back behind the screen, which created the illusion that the dialog was almost coming from behind the screen

2) The paradigm CC-370 is wedge shaped, so resting on the brackets, the drivers were actually angled up towards the ceiling.

Now that the center is below the screen, the center is angled up towards the viewing area.

Sounds much better.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4659
Looks like a rockin' system David...

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 320
I don't know why people alway put the photo frame, picture etc on the top of speaker, especial my wife!

Bronze Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 75
Speakers automatically become photo frame stands, it seems.

Bronze Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 95
Just upgraded my receiver to a Pioneer VSX-1016. All I can say is what a HUGE difference!

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 264
Congratulations. It is always nice when you can add a piece of gear that makes an appreciable difference in sonic quality. Huge leaps like that come fewer and far between as you move up the upgrade path.

Enjoy!

Bronze Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 96
Thanks Wescott,

I had debated for a long time to replace my aging workhouse, wondering if I would the amount of money spent would result in a justifiable notice in difference in sound quality. It was a toss-up between upgrading the receiver, buying yet another sub or small monoblocks to drive the rears.

I'm glad I bought the receiver.

Username: Fred333

Post Number: 2
Very nice setup. I like simplistic design and I always go for a receiver upgrade. Makes every thing sound and look better.

www.soundonusa.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us