Just about done

Bronze Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 52
Upload
Upload
Upload
added the CC5, wanted to show those of you who are not familiar with aerials a pic. Ive invested so much time with this project (close to being done) Had to figure out a way to get it here. Merry Christmas!!

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 254
nice work

BTW nice buddha

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 581
david,
Nice room and nice flicks you've got there. I've been thinking about posting my stuff here, but when I see equipment racks like yours, I lose interest.

Are they Anthems?

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 582
Also, where did that center speaker stand come from?

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 84
thanks guys. buddha is for luck, hasnt worked yet! John, the 2nd down from top is Anthem AVM20, the top component is a bryston 14B SST for powering the L/R channels, but Anthem MCA50 is on the bottom, and powers the center bi-amped, and the surrounds. The speaker stand was purchased when I bought center, a guy back east makes em, I will get name for you and get to here, he also did the stands for the L/R speaks. built just for aerial acoustics. I still need to get stand for the rear channel, and am looking into having him custom build me one, as you can see right now, its just sitting there. Still have to get new rack, something Im not looking forward to doing, but needs to be done to hide wires a little better...OK a lot better.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 254
Recent additions, and small changes.
Added Aerial SW12, SR3s
Added bryston 6B SST C series
Waiting for bryston 7B SST C series (in transit)
Added 58 in plasma for reg viewing
Added Sony "ruby"
Finally got Tivo (best invention ever)
Cleaned up a bit.

Now lets see if this even gets posted, pic size problems!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
UploadUpload
Upload

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 255
Just realized, I take terrible photos.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 269
Kyle, just thought I'd put this thread up top so you wouldnt have to search. As you can see, wiring is the last item, these pics make it look worse than what it really looks like, but not as tidy as the finished product will be.

Username: Develara

Post Number: 9
nice work and the equipments seems to be a good one too
dev

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1223
Great gear!!!

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 345
Nice stuff Dave Really nice stuff , Good job dude

Username: Mattman12

Post Number: 4
Awsome system man. Looks comfortable in that room.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 338
Art, thought I'd throw it up top so you didnt have to dig. You can see I've got some work left to do. The 7B SST showed up, I need new rack, plasma hung, wiring is not as bad as it appears here, but needs cleaning up anyways. You'll notice the wires coming from the surrounds, but that will be completed shortly, I didnt want to run wires through walls until I had the optimal placement for performance, and I've got that done. Now, its just a matter of finding the time, getting all new speaker wire, and mustering up the energy to break it all down, and finish up!

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 214
Congratulations. I am very impressed with your equipment and your component placement. Very few people give their speakers the room they need to perform at their best and you get a 10 out of ten for your placement. I would suggest placing the center channel as high as the stand will allow before it interferes with the screen though. More in line with the drivers in the floorstanders.

I considered doing the same thing you did. Placing a retractable screen over a flat panel for HD viewing but ran out of money. Maybe in the future. Automated and tensioned roller screens are expensive and ,from what I am told, do not remain as flat as a fixed screen over time!! The curtains should provide additional sound diffusion\absorbtion which is always a good thing too.

Very well done! Wish I lived closer to Portland to see and hear it.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 442
Wescott, thanks. The center channel speaker is tilting just a bit upward into listening area, and fixes itself to the screen real nicely, that was a tough one to get just right, but changes were made accordingly! Its sweet spot is very wide, so everyone gets a real good seat to boot. As far as the screen goes, yeah the electric, and tension does cost more, but I think you were mislead about the tension screen remaining flat, its the other way around actually, the non-tension ones will warp, and "wrinkle", which I actually had happen to me, which is why I now have the tension screen, so dont let whomever gave you that misinfo dissuade you from going that route in the future, it has worked real well for me.
The curtains (my wifes idea, great one at that btw) have helped "deaden" the room just a bit too, but their primary purpose was to keep the room dark, as there is a window immediately behind them, so I got a 2 for 1 there!
As far as sound goes, I'm the happiest guy around these parts! And amazed daily at what a great engineer Mike Kelly from Aerial is, and I cannot say enough about Bryson gear. Not a day goes by without a sit down! And movie nights are a treat as well!
I appreciate your input though, as this room was envisioned before we even bought the house, and now, just a few minor things left to do, and I'll get a thread up saying "finally done!"

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 215
Speakers perform their best when they are placed on axis with the listening ear and away from the floor.

If you read a lot of detailed speaker reviews\tests, you will often find at what angles the frequency response was tested at for this very reason.

It also reduces the interaction with reflective surfaces like the floor or ceiling.

It also minimizes time and phase alignment issues. And since it looked like you had some room left and the stand appeared adjustable, I thought I would pass the suggestion along.

One would never know that you had windows from the photos. Your wife gets a gold star!

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 444
Thanks for the info Wescott, we(the store manager where they were bought from, and Mike Kelly over the phone) spent the time to have everything calibrated to the best the room offers, with no real side effects so to speak. I trust Mike Kelly took all factors into account when designing this particular CC. It is one of the most highly regarded CCs out there, and I personally dont notice any ill effects from it being lower than the 9s obviously sit. And actually, it sitting lower actually lets it get out of the way, so as not to distract while viewing, well thought out I think. I used to (long time ago) have a big screen tv (rear projection) that I had a CC placed on top of, aiming at the listening postition, and it wasnt bad either, but nowhere near what this CC performs like, and was very noticeable (visibly) in that location, but it was the best for its application.
There are a few other compromises I've made though for my wifes comfort level which havent been pointed out, but I will I guess. The table by the LF speaker drives me nuts! And the lamp by the LS speaker is a reflection point I dont have with the RS. Not real noticeable as far as presentation goes, but nonetheless, it drives me nuts!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4676
David, why haven't I seen this before!!!

Great room and system!!!

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 467
Thanks Art, few changes and of course we broke our camera in Maui! I'm workin on getting this project wrapped up, man it takes a long time. Finally have all the gear in place, sub locations dialed in etc. Now I need to get a new rack, clean up the wiring situation, and finalize the deal! Soon I hope. BTW, you havent seen it cause we have a tough time hookin up when you come in to Ptld!, but you're welcome anytime if we can make it work out.

Bronze Member
Username: Fred333

Post Number: 11
Nice pics. I really like the Buddha. He really makes the room.

www.soundonusa.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us