My 1999 Firechicken

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 403
Heh. Six 12's, and a 13W7. Hifonics 1605 powering the 12's, PH 1200.1 powering the W7. Set of inifinity kappa componets in custom kick panels (pics of those soon), Mb quart 6.5" midbass drivers in rear.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 404
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1112
are those duels

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 220
please dont tell me ur running 6 12" duals and a W7. thats an insult to the W7

Username: Pasqual13

Post Number: 4
post a pic of complete setup

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2055
bump, i really want to no if those are duals.lol

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 433
yea those are duals..that bandpass special from best buy LMAO

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2077
how does he fit 3 pair in his firechicken.lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 468
Lol. Yes they are duals, I'm powering all six of them with a hifonics 1605D, and no one believes me, so I'm tired of defending how nice they sound, heh.

I fit 3 pairs, by removing my back seat, so I have four where the backseat used to be, and one up where you can see from the rear of my car.

The W7 is built into the hatch. I have the amp for my highs in the left rear quarter panel, covered by the stock panels, and I now have two optima's, (yellow top) a 12farad capacitor, a 1.5farad capacitor, and a 1.2 farad capacitor all underneath the right rear quarter panel, along with all my dist blocks etc. My hifonics amp sits on my W7's box, and the phoenix gold amp for hte W7, sits beside the pair of 12's on the hump (over the gas tank in the rear).

Seth

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 782
what did u use for sound deadaning?

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
eDead V3. The entire interior. Used about 5 gallons doing 3 layers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 621
This car is changing colors atm. going pearlescent black I think (might go metallic) about ot go see samples and decide. :-) Already have all my vinyl to replace "The V1brator") (forum wont let me say the name of my car..) Everything that's whit ewill be black, black will be white, red will be blue.

Also on the back, instead of a picture of the firechicken and "FIREBIRD" right above my lock for the hatch, mine will say "v1brator" in the custom font that I used for the stencil. (didnt change the font from this one) and both that and the firechicken will be blue.

Also got a tail light vinyl so my hatch light says "FIREBIRD" instead of being a solid red rectangle.

Silver Member

Post Number: 622
This car is changing colors atm. going pearlescent black I think (might go metallic) about ot go see samples and decide. :-) Already have all my vinyl to replace "The V1brator") (forum wont let me say the name of my car..) Everything that's whit ewill be black, black will be white, red will be blue.

Also on the back, instead of a picture of the firechicken and "FIREBIRD" right above my lock for the hatch, mine will say "v1brator" in the custom font that I used for the stencil. (didnt change the font from this one) and both that and the firechicken will be blue.

Also got a tail light vinyl so my hatch light says "FIREBIRD" instead of being a solid red rectangle.

Oh, I also put on these 18's.Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2066
seth i couldn't see it in the picture but how did you face all the subs in your car? all one direction or other ways.

btw that rim looks crazy. nice man.

Bronze Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 28
Dual's or not, nice job on everything!

But if I were you, I would sell all those dual's and everything hooked up to them, get another W7 and put your back seat back in... Then you will be the man.

Bronze Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 29
I guess the plus side to those subs is that you can rest easy knowing that nobody who knows anything about subs will want to break in to steal them! Hahahah

Silver Member

Post Number: 695
yeah.. rest easy with a 13W7, three PG Xenon amps, two 4x amps for my mids/highs, and a head unit that costs almost $1000...

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 760
take some day pics of your car with the new rims and your system from the inside

Silver Member

Post Number: 707
will do that today James. Finally got my car back.. it's not white anymore, heh. But it looks like crap, because I cannot wash it for 4 weeks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 708
will do that today James. Finally got my car back.. it's not white anymore, heh. But it looks like crap, because I cannot wash it for 4 weeks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 989
Long overdue.. will get some pics of it actually washed tomorrow...car normally shines much more and the rims look horrible in this pic.. but c'est la vie. (Car has a pearlescent blue to it.. exact color is called "Diamond Black Effect".. metallic black w/ blue pearl.Upload

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 125
have you ever got the metered... its gotta hit pretty high even if they are duals... 6 12s and a w7

Silver Member

Post Number: 991
It's a little over 150 dB legal on a termlab at the windshield, windows up, car off.

a lot of people are like "oh yay 150 dB big deal, I can do that with a pair of 12's".

That's true, but the six 12's are only getting 1200 watts rms, a lot of the 12's people are talking about, they are feeding like 2500+ watts to, etc.. and paid a lot more than $450 total for the subs/box combo.

I still need to replace the duals, definately.. But overall, with the right settings etc on my amp, these things still sound amazing, especially with the 13W7 added.. They really arent bad at all SQ wise, as long as you arent pressing them to their limit.. (each pair ends up with 400 RMS clean power, whereas they are rated for 600 RMS).

Gold Member

Post Number: 1019
Anyone know some good carwash products?

Silver Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 126
eagle one, mr. clean, mothers, armor all. check those out. they all work good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1032
hmm... should I just use soap and water for the best shine, then wax with like some mothers car wax? Or is there anything inparticular that's better going under the coat of wax? This will be the first layer of wax I've ever put on my car (since it's paintjob).

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 972
look into www.rightlook.com

i work for my step dad as a car detailer and he just opened up a business and bought about every product you can buy from the rightlook store. great products. if you want to know something you can ask me

wax just protects the paint job. you can put polish on and then wax and it will look nice and shiny! we got a product its called premium polish and very cherry wax thats what we put on most the cars.

what kind of paint job is it? single stage?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2939
Seth whats the most power u ever gave that W7??? :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1038
B, I had it hooked up to a hifonics 1605D at one point (wired to .7 ohms), but I think I'm still giving it more power with my pair of PG Xenon 600.1's.. Also had it run to a PG Xenon 1200.1 at one point. :-)

Seth

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 371
hey seth where da h3ll is da firewall so i can run my 0/1 wire cause now its in the do0r so if u can git a pic or tell me here its at thankx

Gold Member

Post Number: 1064
SPD, on your passenger side under the hood, there should be what looks like a couple little metal boxes with lots of wires coming from them. The firewall is underneath that. On the inside, take off the passenger kick panel, and reach up underneath, way up there, you'll feel a rubber grommet. :-) I'm currently running two strands of 0 gauge through, and it's very, very tight.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 374
thank you seth i got the wire threw an also the neon switch wire yes got no more wire threw do0r the door was closin right an it was smashin the wire. i thought it would b under the uper kick panel not the side 1 tolk both out anyways an the passenger seat got it threw an had 2 take the box computter thing out tight puttin it bac in but got it threw couldnt done it wit out ur help casue i was lookin 4 it b4 an i was liek f**k it lol an also how big is the box wit the w7 in it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1069
My box I think is a little over 3 cubes.. not sure on the exact specs. :-) And glad I could help.. I know I had a hard time finding that thing as well. I actually didnt take out that little box, I just used a coat hangar, and pushed it up through the inside, then attached the wire to it under the hood and pulled it through.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 376
how did u get that box in there i couldonly get a 2.6 cuft in there

Gold Member

Post Number: 1074
SPD, I took out the plastic things down in the hatch for one, and underneath them were metal posts (kind of similar to the ones where your rear seatbelt things attach) and sawed off the posts.. (they're fckin hard to cut through, though.. they're solid steel I think and like an inch thick)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1076
Just for reference, I also wasnt the one to remove the posts.. I had the shop where I had my box built (locally) do it.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 391
ic ur box is an angle an its a slot port how is it made? an how does that box sound can u myb take a pic of the sub out showin the slot port

Bronze Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 99
"eDead V3. The entire interior. Used about 5 gallons doing 3 layers"

How much did that end up costin u?
Im gonna be doin my cars interior soon, havent decided brand(dynamat or eDead) or type(sheet or paint)yet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1174
I believe I paid $50 a gallon.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1975
i got it for 25 a gallon when they had that sale but was forced to get the blue stuff

Gold Member

Post Number: 1405
Ok...these are some recent pics...I know I need to clean the carpet, and put the side paneling back in my car.. :-) (In this pic, the two kicker amps arent actually plugged in 100%, and there are some sloppy wires showing between the two 15's that will be hidden soon.)

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2959
looking sweet seth keep up the good work

Gold Member

Post Number: 1416
Upload
Upload
Upload

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10439
I WANT THAT PG 1200.1

Gold Member

Post Number: 1429
Chauncey - maybe someday. ;)

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 284
The Viabrator

Thats the best

Gold Member

Post Number: 1456
My girlfriend actually named it. :-) Cause at low volumes, before it becomes downright painful, well... I guess the ladies like sitting in it.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10735
i like the new paint job...

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 949
Me too ^^^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here