Possible cable signal interference knocking modem offline

Username: Buckman341

Post Number: 1
Not 100% sure this is the right forum but my first thought is this may be an interference issue which may be solved by a filter of some sort. Anyways here's the details

I'm a Charter cable customer in IL, I'm stationed on an Air Force Base and that's all that's available for the dorms on base. I have an internet and cable package. What's happening is my modem is being repeatedly knocked offline for reasons that are unclear. Happens 20-30 times a day at least and each time I have to sit and wait 2-3 minutes while it reconnects. I've had 3 techs from their company out here to look at it, they all claim I have very solid signal up and downstream. Two of them plugged a sampling device into my cable line to look for obvious problems. They haven't found anything.

Last guy that was here gave me another new modem (my third) but this one is disconnecting at least twice as often as the previous 2. This got me to thinking, maybe something is going on in the building and this new modem is more sensitive to some signals? Maybe it can be filtered? Now they CLAIM that every room has it's very own "plate" and that our lines are not simply being split 50 ways. I'll take that as face value for now. They tell me that they have had issues in the past with peoples TV's being broken/wired poorly and dumping interference into the building.

Anyways, I'm looking for any ideas you folks may have regarding this. Maybe there's some sort of filter or something I could use?

Thanks for any advice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us