Room brightness

Bronze Member
Username: Kinggimp82

Post Number: 46
im experiencing brightness and would like some tips to treat my room.

i live in an apartment. room is aprox 15' wide x12' deep x 8' high. the right side opens to the kitchen. the left side is a large plate glass window with blinds. the floor is basically indoor outdoor. its like basement carpet over concrete. and the back wall is pretty much empty drywall.

incase you need to know my system is as follows.
FRONT: ascend accoustics CBM-170 SE'S
CENTER: ascend accoustics CMT-340 C SE
SURROUND: None (ascend accoustics HTM-200s soon)
SUB: Hsu STF-2
REC: Pioneer VSX-514

what could i do to treat my room? id imagine a large rug and thick curtains would help. any info would be much appreciated.

thanks,
andrew

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 153
what could i do to treat my room?
=============

Try googling 'acoustic room treatments'.

This is exactly the type of treatment you need to fix the acoustics of any room.
www.gikacoustics.com

Many companies offer these types of products, and you should research many to see which fit's your needs the best.

Good luck.

Username: 865warren

Post Number: 9
As mentioned many companies offer this service so I would compare what they are offering and prices - there are sometimes huge differences...

Bronze Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 97
Most rooms usually fall in the 25% to 75% range for coverage. And this is only for walls and ceiling. This largely depends on the room design, your intentions for the room, and maybe even your style of music or content.

We checked in with Auralex (the acoustic treatment know-it-alls), and they suggest the following generalizations:
• Control rooms for rock, pop, rap, hip-hop, R&B, country, techno, MIDI music, etc. usually benefit from 50% to 75% coverage and mostly absorption.
• Control rooms for jazz, art (classical), choral, acoustic, world and other forms of ensemble music usually benefit from 35% to 50% coverage. The only catch is that the control room be a little more ''dead'' than the main recording or ''live room.'' Diffusion is usually used more generously in these types of control rooms.
• "Live rooms" will vary a lot. Some well-designed live rooms can get by with 20% coverage (or even less!). Most fall into the 25% to 50% range. And this is usually a healthy mix of absorption and diffusion. The most successful live rooms usually have some degree of variability.
• Isolation booths usually call for quite a bit of absorption -- 75% or more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us