Affordable Cables?

Bronze Member
Username: Darrenmc

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 75
With all these crazy prices for audio interconnects etc., which brands do you prefer as a substitute for the more well known brands? All these brands seem to get mentioned but I have no experience with them:
Blue Jeans Cable, Better Cables,Unity Cables(CDN), Signal Cable, Canuck Cable(CDN), Monoprice, Cobalt Cables, and others I may have missed.

Or do you prefer a lower end model from companies like Cardas, Straightwire, Kimber, Tara-Labs etc? Who do you like?

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1168
Check out Jan's input. I use this with minor modifications.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/accessories/342576.html

Bronze Member
Username: Andrewkl

Post Number: 11
For what it's worth, I happen to have a ton of Acoustic Research audio and video cables for sale.. Virtually any type you need. I buy closeouts and liquidations.. These are open package items, but in new condition, and less than half of their retail price... Let me know what you need and I can save you some cash.. Unless you have top of the line equipment and can REALLY tell the difference, why spend $100+ on Monster and Audio Quest?

Silver Member
Username: Floyd_1977

Montgomery, IL USA

Post Number: 120
I wholeheartedly recommend monoprice.com. I had bought HDMI cables there before, and this month, I bought from monoprice all the speaker wire, cables, RG6, wall plates, etc. I needed for the home theater I'm building in the basement. monoprice made the whole project more affordable, considering I needed 250 feet of CL2 rated (in wall) speaker wire, 35-50 ft. video cables, etc. that would cost a fortune at other places.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us