Anybody else agrees that todays 'music' is Crappy ???

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 265
I know the majority of u on are under age 20 & move to a different beat .
But u else agrees that todays 'music' is crappy ??? . Does every damn song HAVE TO HAVE some stupid/shiddy rap/shidt hop influence ? if it doesn't have a constant thuddy beat then it can't be music ? .

Who else would side with me & say around 1995 music died & the 80s was the greatest music period in history !

Who else hates the bublegum music like what SHITNEY SPEARS , THE BSBs & all those gansta CRAPPERS 'make' ?

Silver Member
Username: Stars

Post Number: 162
oh?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3759
That is what they said about Elvis and the Beatles during their times.

Things change...a man never crosses the same river twice. Such is life, we move on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
oh.

Bronze Member
Username: Whatareyoudoing

Post Number: 55
Oh Hi there Berny,

Yeah I second Berny's question there.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 271
Hey , i listen to any kind of music incl. Beatles/Elvis . Also like BGs/Abba right up to Eminem (who is in a class by himself) but those really crappy songs is what i can't stand by certain 'artists' who i don't know how the hell they ever got a recording contract.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3766
Hey yourself. If you can't stand some songs by some artists, don't listen to their material or ignore it. Don't say that you listen to "any kind of music" then contradict those very words when you write "can't stand certain artists". You are totally missing the meaning of the word "any".

Do you get paid to be a music critic? There are other things to worry about in life than wondering how some artist got a recording contract. Life goes on and it does not stop because there certain aspects in it that you don't like.

Enjoy the music you like and ignore those that you don't.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 274
I don't lose sleep over it . Not really contradicting , u can like rap/R&B/Alternative or whatever type but not like the style of certain singers .

My main point is this : older music is generally better than today's & i seriously doubt any1 can contradict that .

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
oh. sorry that I keep on saying oh.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2844
Sorry, I don't agree with older is better.
Thats just you're preference/style, and the new stuff just doesn't apeal to that.
I listen to music from the 80's, 90's, and now. I listen to what I like, and what I don't like, I just turn the station, or don't buy there album.
P.s, I'm sure what I think is good, some will think its crap, and what I think is crap, some will love.
Different strokes for different fokes.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3810
aboslutely! That is why there are so many different types of music.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 311
Yeah i know all that , thats Y my pc is full of mp3 i only like & when i'm in the car i flip radio stations so very rapidly .

Well its a controversial topic so don't anybody post about it anymore & we can let this thread die off .

Gold Member

Post Number: 3821
just wait until that firefox or firefly or fireman troll starts again:-)

TRU BLU
Unregistered guest
yeah music is music and if you like music check this site out www.illonez.com you might like there work you might not but they took the time to make it so give it a try Peace.......

TRU BLU
Unregistered guest
yeah music is music and if you like music check this site out www.illonez.com you might like there work you might not but they took the time to make it so give it a try Peace.......

Bronze Member
Username: Rowlandbrown

Post Number: 23
I disagree Rovin. Old music is good. I am a huge Zeppelin fan, pink Floyd is timeless and there are many other great old band but there are also many great new bands. Please don't think that rap and RnB are the highlight of modern music. There are some excellent new rock and metal bands. It is not really possible to compare old rock with new rap as they are completely different types of music. But comparing old rock to new rock - in my opinion new rock fares just as well as old rock. Metallica (ok i admit not really that new!), Mudvayne, saliva, goo goo dolls, adema, korn, Killswitch Engage, Lacunacoil, slipknot, seether, nevermore, creed are all excellent new bands. Rap is not a good type of "music" to judge modern music on.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2549
MAN ! - i thought this thread had died off or been archived !.

sure some new stuff is good - my point originally was that i enjoyed the older stuff ALOT more .......

Bronze Member
Username: Willy_57

Moerbeke waas, Oost-vlaanderen Belgium

Post Number: 11
Mainstream is mostly crap as it is made for massconsumption just like toiletpaper:-)))
But than it was always crap,not only now.Look back at the sixties and seventies videos and you know what I mean.Ok todays better mainstream is Radiohead and REM instead of The Doors or The Byrds,times they are a changin,but that doesn't mean there is no good music around,just llok further than the mainstream,and you will find great stuff

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7978
hey - some1 actually dug up my old thread ....lol........

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1188
I listen to everything from destiny's child, boney james, cher, candy dulfer, wynonna, vertical horizon, lifehouse, jim brickman, eminem, diana krall, chris botti, matchbox 20, nightwish, sarah brightman, josh groban, whitney, mariah, sade, nickelback, creed, and so on.

I think I have a wide ranging music taste ;-)

yet, I own magnepans. However, they handle everything I throw at them in my music collection with grace.

Bronze Member
Username: Hammondrckr

Post Number: 20
music wise I say yes, although I am really into todays metal scene, the musician ship of the 80's was unbeatable, with the guitars and drums of the van halen brothers, and when metallica was still good and megadeth, all great musicians. besides that I say todays rock is still good, lyrically and vocally (excluding punk and screamer)

~alan

Username: Lukasberglll

Central City, NB

Post Number: 6
Todays music is Shittt!
I hate it the 80's and early 90's ruled!
Rap and all that Hip Hop shittt is the worst thing ever to happened to music.
The music industry is blaming downloading of mp3 files for low album sales. I don't think so! Music is shittttt. I would buy albums if they were worthy but they all suck!
I listen to talk radio and sports radio instead. that's why these radio formats have become so popular in the last 10 or so years. Music isn't what it used to be!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Depends what good music is for you,see my reply above a few posts ago.I never listen to the radio exept for news and sport,bu there is so much great music that a collector(like me) have to make choices on what to buy and what not.So I play cd's all the time at home and in the car.Hip Hop is just a small part on what music has to offer these days.I have no problem with it that it is the most succesfull music in commercial terms.It is all relative,altrough that someone like Peter Hammill who is one of the most talented songwriters of all time earns just enough to stay alive and others get stinking rich by having a good marketing help from the recordcompany,but that is life. Mozart died poor and his music is still with us after 250 year,and the one day flies...

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

Post Number: 102
Music:

"it doesn't matter what they say in the papers
'Cause it's always been the same old scene. There's a new band in town but you can't get the sound from a story in a magazine...Aimed at your average teen"

It's true that every generation's parents say the same thing about their kids' music - it sucks!

However, there is a point 2 all this: music is no longer as much about art as it is about marketing.

Yes, The Beatles, The Stones, Elvis, Led Zep etc.. were all disliked by many of the parents in the 60s.....but at least one could point 2 their "talent". Mick Jagger is not the greatest singer, but he is an amazing writer, and The Stones collectively have musical talent. One didn't have 2 like Hendrix's music 2 be in awe at his talent with the guitar. And, Elvis wasn't a great writer, but what a voice.

They were all great performers, and so are many of today's entertainers. Many of today's entertainers are pretty good performers, but they could hardly be called "music acts". They lack talent so much that they need 2 show-dance - an effort 2 keep u distracted from noticing how bad they suck musically. 2 make matters worse, the dancers that perform along with today's lead vocalists are often professionals who, incidently, tend 2 be much better dancers than the main act.

Rap is a talent to those who appreciate it. So is country music, so is rock, so is dance music.

The real issue here is do u like what is being marketed? Younger people prefer the rap, or hip-hop, or dance beats/techno/trance etc. So, it's obvious that that's what is marketed most heavily.

It's not necessarily better or worse, it's just different.

All this aside though, Is Britney Spears a great musician? No. Are N'Sync great musicians, The Backstreet Boys, the list could go on forever....the music sounds good (after mixing, and dubbing, editing etc.) But they're not musicians.

In fact, today's true artists are usually behind the scenes mixing and/or producing. I think Timbaland is an amazing talent, for example...he gives credibility 2 Justin Timberlake or Nelly Furtado - have u ever seen them perform live - yuck?

U can dislike classical music, but it is music, and the composers were obviously talented. They may not have been the most attractive faces, but they WERE talented. Bach would probably not have a chance in the music industry today - he probably can't dance, and he's not visually appealing 2 teens. But one would be crazy 2 discount his apparent gift and musical inclinations.

(Just a quick thought) ;)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7720
i agree with Ryerson......yup.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 636

quote:

Bach would probably not have a chance in the music industry today - he probably can't dance, and he's not visually appealing 2 teens.

Some of the most enlightening words I have ever read on this site. No, make that anywhere. Thanks for sharing that.

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

Internationa...

Post Number: 211
LOL....Sem, are u being sarcastic? ;)

Username: Illthought

Buffalo, Ny Usa

Post Number: 6
I agree, to a certain extent. I enjoy a lot of hip-hop, but am a bigger fan of 70's and 80's music. I stiopped liking most hip hop after 2000. From 2000-today, music is all but dead to me. To that extent, I agree

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Never mind about the bad music or the one that you don't like.There are loads of good music,indeed so much that an entire human life is to short to listen to it all.If you are open to more music than what the top 40 offers,than you will find the good stuff.Try Progressive ears, the site of the better rockmusic of today.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us