Flaming Lips 'Late Night Tales'

Username: Mangrilla

Post Number: 1
What do you all think of the Lips? I got really into them after I heard The Soft Bulletin and ended up getting everything by them (Zaireeka included, even though I still haven't been able to set up the 4 stereos to listen to it...).

Anyway, they just put out a new compilation that has a really eclectic mix of stuff on it. It's called "Late Night Tales". They've got themselves covering Seven Nation Army, and then tracks by Bjork, Miles Davis, Aphex Twin, Nick Drake, Radiohead, and lots of others. Has anyone else checked out this album?

Silver Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 569
New disc sounds interesting. "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" is one of the best surround-sound mixes I've heard. The music is great also. I'm still waiting for them to release a DVD-V. If you like the Lips, you might like their soul-mates Mercury Rev. Check it out.

broken back
Unregistered guest
ah yes......love the Flaming Lips & Mercury Rev. Rev's 'Yrself is Steam' record is super.

be sure to check out Comet also. their full-lenghth, 'Chandelier Musings', was produced by Rev's David Baker. perfect psychedelic pop tunes.

Damon E
Unregistered guest
I haven't heard much by Mercury rev. It's got a member of th elips or something in it right? Any songs in particular that really stand out that I should get?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us