The Fourth Kind

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 577
I just got done watching this movie and it's a little hard to comprehend. Part of me thinks its some big hoax that hollywood made up and another thinks there may be some truth here. I was told by a guy a while back that the government can't come right out and just tell society something, but movies can be made to get a message out there, if people choose to believe it or not. What do you guys think? Real or total BS? What's weird is when I was a kid, I'm guessing around 6, I lived in the middle of no where out in the country. One night I remember clearly waking up and seeing something outside my window. I was freaked, ran into my parents room, woke them up and next to their bed in the window the same image was there. Once they woke up though, it was gone. No one ever believed me and I kind of just forgot about it. This movie made me think of that again though. The whole part in the movie about a race of people who lived 6000 years before Christ had tablets and drawings of beings wearing face masks, with drawing of rockets and space crafts. Pretty deep stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1095
Was on vacation in Egypt. Visited the temple of Dendera. (sp?)
'downnstairs' was a series of small chambers. On one wall was a pair of what looked like Crooke's Tubes facing one another. Very symbolic but also unlike anything I had seen anywhere else in Egypt.

The room without electric light would have been 100% dark. You couldn't have seen your hand 1" in front of your face. But everything was perfectly carved / rendered. I checked ceiling and there were no smoke signs. Besides, torches down there would have consumed ALL the air in short order and either killed the carvers or simply knocked 'em out.

I saw other stuff, too. Granite finished to the standard of a modern 'reference flat' and other things which would take too long to relate. All impressive, and some at the limit of what we can do today. The oldest stuff, 'Old Kingdom' (4000+yrs) was most impressive.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1567
Never seen this movie.....I guess im going to have to now lol

Other than the fact that it was a bit hard to comprehend, did you enjoy it?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 595
It kind of freaked me out a little. So it did its purpose I guess. It was alright, I'd recommend it.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1122
I guess this is on my 'to see' list.
Going on holiday soon, so I might as well go out to the movies. Don't sleep, anyway!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1128
Not in any (local) theaters.
Now, I'm guessin' PPV or Rental!

My popcorn is SO MUCH better than theaters, anyway. And costs about .50$ per bucket.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us