Bad alarm? remote? or bad programing?

Username: Hondaccord94

Post Number: 1
Well ive been having some problems the past day or 2. some reason my remote will pick up my sisters alarm signal/code, adn disarm both our cars when its not even programed, it does it vice versa also too. i know as a fact this cant be normal operations. we both have the same alarm, viper model 3000, only the 2 way remote will do this. the spare remote doesnt have this problem at all. my friend told me to get out of range and press my transmitter butting about 10-20 times. he said this will work and the signal/code will be randomized, is this true?

maybe i have a bad remote?, bad unit? or could it be both systems??

i tried reset everything to default settings, add my remote 4 times to the system, removed the battery on one of the remote while programming/add the transmitter to the proper car.

any help would be greatly appriciated...

Car: honda accord 94 & acura integra 93
Alarm: Viper model 3000

BTW, i installed the alarms 1 day apart, does that effect anything? i got scared my car might get breaking into becuase my sisters car got broken

if all else fails, im returning the alarm and getting a different model, its been a week now i havent gotten a straight answer from anyone from other forums (hopefully someone from this forum can help me)or even installers around town, all they want me to do is bring my car in so they can charge me just to do a diagnostic, im still within my 30 days to return the alarm where i purchase it. i dont want to step up to a RS model just to not have it interfere.

thanks in adcanve!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us