Problem with amp in aftermarket car stereo system (Potentially problem w/ remote wire)

Username: Jaydb915

Post Number: 1
My sound system in my car has worked perfectly for years. I have a 1000W amp that powers a 12in comp sub and then goes on to a 500w amp that powers my speakers. The other day everything stopped working. I confirmed my grounds are good, my remote wire puts 12V to the amp, and the power wire brings 12v to the back. I checked the continuity on every wire from the amp to the front of the car and the ground to the ground.

I decided to check the remote wire by attaching the power directly to the remote. It kicks on! So I decided its probably the remote wire. I ran a new wire directly from the amp to the front and it does the same thing... doesn't work with a new wire! I am confused maybe amp is bad. I bought a brand new amp and the same thing happened, it works when I directly wire the power to the remote AND leave the remote wire plugged in, I have to have BOTH for it to work. I tried doing direct wire on the back of both amps but when I do, if the sub kicks too hard the speakers loose power completely. At a complete loss and really don't have the financials to take it into a shop unless last resort.

Please help!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us