Car GPS have quite an impact on battery drain

Username: Toniwo

Post Number: 1
I've recently remembered that my car has a GPS tracker device fitted (incase it ever got stolen) and I've heard they can have quite an impact on battery drain - Is there any truth in this?

And other than taking the car to the Manufacturer, How would I go about tracing where in the car my tracker device has been fitted?

Username: Gonzo12

New York, Manhattan USA

Post Number: 2
Ideally, GPS Tracker would only work when in ignition and that's generally when you're on the move so I don't think battery drainage would be an issue.

Second, check your manual for hints but taking it to the dealer to know your GPS device location is the best bet.

Username: Johnvella

New York City, New York United States

Post Number: 7
wow, its really helpful post

Bronze Member
Username: Turnerdaniel770

Post Number: 12
Agree with you. This nice and helpful post for GPS device .

Username: Zara1200

Post Number: 5
This is damage for the battery of the car. You should change it. http://www.gari.pk/

Username: Azel_29

fixing your gps will cost you more effort and and there is no assurance that it will work right?

Username: Kingsbuying

yeah, I have the same confusion with Gonzo12. Shouldn't it only when you driving your car and started your GPS that it will consume battery?

Username: Brianmoore

it should only be on while you are driving , otherwise it will consume all your battery . The battery keeps charging it self while you are driving.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us