Problems with Kicker zx1000.1

Username: Palaman

Post Number: 1
I have a zx1000.1 amp hooked up to 2 12" quantium audio Cozmik series subs along with a 850 amp 12v power cell battery. My wires are 4 gauge. I recently noticed that my fuse under the hood had melted and partially blown so I changed that. My amp still cuts off and wont even push the subs. Just today I realized it doesn't even pushes them at all now. So whats the problem?

Post Number: 2
I also have an epicenter running to the input of the amp

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1907
It must be your cheap (probably no name wiring), you need to get a multimeter and measure the voltage at the input power terminals, when the car is running and the bass playing you should get no less than 13V at all times.

You should also make sure that your subs are wired to a final impedance of at least 2 ohm, the amp is not 1 ohm stable.

Post Number: 3
I know when I had a capacitor the V read 13.3V and would drop as low as 8.6V before it cut the system off. My dad said it was my battery not being strong enough. So is it the battery or should I change the wiring like you said?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1908
If your subs are dual 4 ohm coils most likely you are wired down to 1 ohm, that will make the amp run hot and get damaged overtime.

But yes 8 volts or so is unacceptable, sure you need a proper battery but also you most likely need to redo your wiring, check your ground to chassis, etc.

Username: Bdansby72275

Post Number: 1
My kicker 1000.1 amplifier is working perfectly, what I would like to know is how do I connect it with the 1200 watt amplifier to work as a single unit..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2026
What is the 1200W amp that you have?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us