2001 Honda Accord Original In-Dash 6-CD Changer/Player will not detect CD.

theos_mom
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem that jhcruise posted on Aug 25, 2005: "I have a 2001 accord with the original 6-disc cd player. It is beginning (1 in 5) to fail in reading/detecting any cd and spits it out with the message "disk". I have used a cd cleaner and no improvement. The dealer has no clue and wants $850+ to replace it. Any suggestions?" I did not see any replies with help to this message so I thought I'd ask again...

Korey
Unregistered guest
I am having a similiar problem with the stock 6 disc changer on my 2001 Isuzu rodeo...it won't play cds anymore, wont change discs. I just keep getting this weird high pitched screech and then and Error 3 message. HELP!!!

Username: Priscilla2237

Post Number: 1
i am having the same problem!!! i have a 2001 accord with the original in-dash 6-CD changer and it will not detect CDs either!!! UGH!!!

Username: Heather_henry

Honolulu, HI USA

I have a 2001 Isusu Rodeo and it wont play cds anymore too. If I keep switching from the radio to the cd player about 15 times it evetually plays. Has anyone been to the dealer. Most of our warranties would be expired because they are 2001 truck but I was wondering if anyone got them looked at.

Username: Smittym

AZ

I've a 03 accord I'm I'm getting the same problem with my 6 disk changer... ever time I put a cd in it sits there and spends about 30 seconds trying to read then it spits it back out and says "disk". If I pull it out and put in for on average 15 mins I can get it to finally read it. But as soon as I change cds it does the same time. It seems from everyone on this site that 6 disk changers are prone to problems. I'm going to try the Lens cleaners and if that wont work I'm going to see if I can't get an MP3 player.

Username: Stubone278

2001 Toyota 4Runner stock 6 disc changer. I have the exact same problem "error3". It only plays about 1 in 20, so I'm thinking it may be some loose wires or something, because it actually works sometimes.

Username: Ganz

Nigeria

Post Number: 3
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. My radio works but the CD player says there is an error when i try and put in a cd. Does any one know
anything i can do to fix this.
I drive a 2004 Honda Accord

Thanks

Username: Antia

Post Number: 2
There maybe some quetion on the mechanism assemble, or you may clean the laser and check the components around first.

www.jupoco.com.cn

Username: Kbenjelloun

2001 Honda Accord original in dash 6 cd changer---I had a cd in the first position, when I tried to put one in the 2nd position it made a noise like it was switching then it never switched and won't let me eject my first cd. Any advice on how to get it out?? Unfortunately it is a library cd that is past due so the sooner the better Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us