Fatmat Ina s15?

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 200
Pros and cons about doing it?

I'm looking to increase spl in my s15.

I'm thinkig about going with fatmat, it's cheap for big bulk sizes.

What parts should I and should I not instal the fatmat on?

Thanks. -Dom

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4255
well thats something that really should be tested. and honestly fatmat is cheap for a reason :-(.

but i would start with you roof, not too too much there, your doors, seal them up, maybe a layer or 2 on the floor. i would stay away from you ext cab 1/4 panels and ext cab floor. but do the back wall. how much youput on depends on how much power you run. s10s need some natural flex for them to properly get loud. the less power the less mat. but fatmat is horrible mat and will take more material to get the job done right. i recomment secondskin damplifier pro black. sure it cost a good amount more.but 1 layer of it is probably better then 2 layers of fatmat. IMHO

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 202
I looked around earlier and decided on doing damp pro like ya said.

I'm just skeptical(sp) cause I heard it's not a good idea to mat s10/s15s

and currently I'm only runnin 1000 watt amp n 1 type type r's but before Xmas I should have as many type r 15s as I can fit lmao

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4154
I liked my results with the Fatmat.... I bought the thickest they had and only did the roof and doors on the initial install..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKn9in3aN-U

1st vid is no Fatmat and a lot less power and before electrical upgrades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BynSXTkHCsU&feature=channel

this is with a lot more power, fatmat (roof) and all electrical upgrades.. Same song. The difference (flex) is easily noticable even though I had all the uopgrades..

Testing before and after ther fatmat with the same power was~1.5 db gain with roof only
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us