Jensen VM9312 remote?

Username: Mongo28

MD

Post Number: 2
Is it possible for my remote to come defective, or the battery was dead when I opened the package? I wanted to try the bypass code for the Jensen VM9312,I don't have a haynes manual for my 2000 Jeep at the moment, so I have no idea of which wire is the parking brake wire, etc.... Any suggestions other than getting a haynes manual tomorrow and calling jensen on monday? Bottom line is that I just can get my remote to work. thanks

Username: Dnumba1stunna

Post Number: 7
Yo dont have to connect it to a parking brake, if you want DVD to work all the time (Even while your driving) you can just ground the pink wire coming from the jensen 9312 to a ground point on your car and it will work all the time, just dont get pulled over watching a movie cause depending on where you live ive heard the tickets for that can reach into the 700$ Region (yes 700 its not a typo). A more "safe" fix is wire the ground from the head unit to a two way switch and from the switch to a ground spot on your car so that you can toggle your movie switch on and off. Just make sure that you hid the switch under the dash or something so that if you get pulled over you can just flip it to off and so that if they test your dvd player to see if it works while in drive with the break down (and trust me they have the right to and can if they so choose) it says to raise the parking break. Just make sure the switch is hidden so that they cant find it easily, cause they wont go hunting for it. Hope this helps a little. Lemmi know if you have any other questions.
~StuNNa~

MD

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the advice, i will look into my states laws, but I just replaced the battery in my remote took about 2 mins to put in the bypass code, works perfectly. I'm thinking that a bypass code is not a bad idea.

But I have another problem, my ipod works through the VM9312, but I get no sounds, and yes I can slightly hear the radio station though the right rear speaker... Any suggestions? Is it possible I wired something up backwards? I'll check tomorrow. thanks

MD

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the advice, i will look into my states laws, but I just replaced the battery in my remote, it took about 2 mins to put in the bypass code, works perfectly. I'm starting to think that a toggle switch is not a bad idea.

But I have another problem, my ipod works through the VM9312, but I get no sounds, and yes I can slightly hear the radio station though the right rear speaker... Any suggestions? Is it possible I wired something up backwards? I'll check tomorrow. thanks

Username: Dnumba1stunna

Post Number: 9
The leaking of the radio that your hearing through your right rear speakers is actually a flaw in the way the unit was built. Now dont panic all it needs is a simple CD to upgrade the System software on the head unit. Just give Audiovox (people that make jensen) a call and tell them your situation and they'll send you a free software upgrade CD, like they are sending to me. They said it could take up to a few weeks for it to arrive. But hey its a free fix.

MD

Post Number: 5
I'm going to call audiovox in a few minutes here, but I think I have a faulty medialink, for the fact that the unit plays everything except sound when in ipod mode. Thanks guys

MD

Post Number: 6
Well I just talked to audiovox, and they too are sending me a cd with an upgraded program, and I'm sending my medialink to the repair department. Anything that gets sent through it like my ipod comes out with no sound. So i guess we will see.....

Just for everyone else to know, i'm extremely happy with the unit overwise, you can't beat the price and features!

Username: Jgferullo

Post Number: 1
I just had a Jensen VM9312 headunit installed in my car, and I can't get the thing to work with my 6th gen 80 gig iPod video. My installer and I played around with the J-Link and my Ipod in his shop for a few minutes but we couldn't get it to work. We set the iPod up per Jensen's instruction manual (TV Out switched to on, widescreen mode, NTSC on), but no luck. Can anyone tell me what we did wrong?

Bronze Member

MD

Post Number: 15
Yep I've had the same problem with my unit, I bought mine back in late May of this year... I've come to the conclusion that something inside the unit is bad/faulty, or loose... I will not be buying a Jensen product again, I know from experience that their amplifiers are crap, and I decided to give Jensen one more try since I got mine unit at a good price. The rest of the unit works great, it's just the ipod part does not, and I don't have the time to send the entire unit back to Jensen since I drive over 2.5 hours every day. I would recommend calling Jensen/Audiovox and see what they have to say, ask them "what are you going to do about my problem"? And let me now what they say, and by the way I'm only using a 1st gen ipod nano and it only displays video with no sound!

Let me know what you figure out,

Anthony

Jensen told me the solution...the problem is the ipod the 6th generation...I tried with an older ipod and work perfectly.

Jensen's people told me this:

The new iPODS, [Nano w/video, iTouch, and "Classic" 80 and 160 gig] will play music on our radios, charge their battery, and the interface works the same as the prior iPODS did, i.e. with music, etc. However, they only play video or photos on their own internal screen. This is a change from the current iPODS. Apple made this sudden change and disabled the video out on both the 30 pin connector AND the headphone jack on the new iPODS for some reason. We are working with Apple now to design in a special authorization IC to enable the newest iPODS to play video in our next generation of radios. We have no firm date on when we will have a product available that activates the video out on the new iPODS. There won't be any adapters made for the older radios for the new iPODS.

So my advice is not buy the ipod classic because you will have to buy a new dockstation and the cost is 49.99$ and this dockstation does not work with the Jensen VM9312

Thanks and good luck!!!

Bronze Member

MD

Post Number: 16
Wow that does not help me much... I will have to find out what generation ipod I have, but I think it was the last generation before the new itouch came out. Regardless that's messed up that mine will show the ipod display, but nothing plays through the speakers, i've checked everything several times before. I'm just living without my ipod in the care, I still don't mind CD's, but mp3 players make life so much easier...

Thanks for posting up that response, but basically they are staying you are screwed and we can't do anything for you, I figured as much!

Anthony

Username: Naplesbill

Post Number: 5
This is a problem with all brands and the new iPods. It will require changes by all manufacturers to enable the video on the new iPods. The AVIC D3 even has intermittent trouble with audio playback. This is not something wrong with Jensen product or something Audiovox has done to you.

Bronze Member

MD

Post Number: 17
If this is a problem with all ipods, even the old ones, then why did audiovox sell the "special ipod" adapter I have? I wasted $20 for what, my unit shows the display without audio? The ability to play the ipod on this unti was one of the main reasons why I bought it. In my case I'm almost 100% sure the problem is with my unit and not the ipod, otherwise I would not be getting any signal, instead I just get the display and no sound in ipod mode, it will start playing a song without the audio...

I've given up on this subject since I don't have the time to send the unit back and from what you guys are telling me this unit and others are having problems with ipods in general.

I'm speachless... But I can't complain to much since it was cheap in price and every other feature works perfectly.

Anthony

Username: Naplesbill

Post Number: 8
The issue from Apple is only in regard to the video on the 6G iPods. The audio issue you're having is definitely not normal. Have you tried a replacement iPod cable?

Post Number: 3
Anthony i'm not agree with your coment, because I chaged my Ipod Classic for the old Ipod 5Generation and it work perfectly.

best regards

Username: Racerex

Mechanicsville, VA

I had the same problem. I have the 6G Classic 80g and the video and photos do not work. Apple has changed the pinout on the docking connector. I will cut the JLINK cable and change the video wire as soon as I find the pinnout. If I cannot find it I will just use a multimeter. Apple really sucks you should read there KB board it is full of complaints about the new touch and classic. There are alot of alarm clocks, cars and head units that don't work anymore. hopefully a new firmware can change it back. That was the reason why I bought the Jensen Deck. I wonder if the new VM9512 works with the 6G Ipod? Anyone tried it yet? I was going to buy the VM9512 because it has Bluetooth and SD features but I will loose Ipod video, this really blows. I will be calling Jensen and Apple every day until I get this figured out. I suguest everyone else call too. If they get alot of calls regarding this screwup this will light a fire under there azz. Good luck ...

Username: Fred85

I have the new Ipod nano video, I think its the 6th generation one and I cant watch videos in my jensen 9312 because i just found out how apple conveniently disabled the TV output!! I read above that the older ipods do work? does anyone know which of the OLDER ipods will work with the jlink cable to watch videos on the jensen 9312 and have the option to turn the tv output on? Juan Ferullo- u just wrote that the 5th generation ipod worked perfectly- is that for video's as well? The dvd's that I play in my car are randomly skipping and it is really annoying, so I thought that if I play them through an ipod I can solve my problem...please help me!

Username: Mark91352

Sun valley, California United states

i just recently purchased a vm9312 and i was wondering if the (1. Go into Am/Fm mode,2. Hit "setup" on the remote control,3. Enter 543210 on the remote, listening for the beep for each number entered,4. A new menu will appear. Touch the button that has the hammer/screwdriver on it in the upper left-hand part of the screen,5. Select Brake bypass to "ON" and hit the "X" near the bottom of the screen)bypass code was a one time thing or can u do it as many times as u want to?

-MARK

Username: Stellar91

Eastpointe, MI U.s.a.

I'm in the same boat, I just bought a new ipod classic 120gb and when it is hooked up to the vm9312 everthing works great EXCEPT the video output. I also have a 30gb video ipod 5th gen I believe, and it works fine and has worked flawless including video for over a year. It is not your headunit, it is the ipod. Apple has disabled the video output unless you use their proprietary cable. They have an apple authenticity chip in them and that "unlocks" the video output. This totally is robbery. I have read on some apple forums that most of the docks that had video output to lcds or just raw break-out cables will not work with the "new" ipods. I was hoping for an adaptor at least for a firmware update, but why would apple want to re/break what they just "fixed". This happened about a year ago for me when apple updated firmware for my video ipod and all of a sudden my xbox 360 didn't recognize it. I-tunes was bad enough now paranoid Steve Jobs is making EVERYTHING PROPRIETARY, unless you "pay" for his chip. What a JOKE!. I would even consider buying a new Jensen headunit right now if I knew it would control my new ipodclassic ( video wise). I worked at a car audio shop that had all of the top screens Pioneer, Alpine, Eclipse and to be totally truthfull ,The Jensen had BY FAR the very Best display when hooked to the ipod video and didn't need some $150 " box" to work. It was great to blow someones mind with the screen quality detail with a piece that was one quarter the price!

Username: Luisee

I also have a VM-9312, my stereo does play music from the iPod, but it takes a long time CONNECTING it to the unit! and i still can't get tu use the iPod thru the stereo, so i have to use the ipod as a remote control. Does anyone knows what's happening?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us