HDC315 vs SDC2.5

Bronze Member
Username: Beamerboy46350

LaPorte, IN United States

Post Number: 39
Is the only difference in these 2 power handling or is one way better?? Just for every day beating and maybe a burp here and there. no serious sound comps or anything. Is it worth buying the hdc315 for the use i described or not ??? Thanks for any comments from people with real world experience

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9847
I have only heard the old audioque 2.5 and it had very decent sql and ive been told the new sdc 2.5 sounds good too and as far as the hdc it will hit harder than the 2.5 (probably 2 db louder tops at rated power) and have a punchy mid bass with somewhat less sq on the low notes compared to the 2.5 but it will require more power as you know from the stats and charging will probably be an issue for you

Bronze Member
Username: Beamerboy46350

LaPorte, IN United States

Post Number: 41
Doesnt anyone have real world experience on these 2 everyone seems to say these are good? If no one is trying them how do you know there good ?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9857
I have real world experience with the hdc3 12 and 15 (heard the 15 in someone elses car from here on ecoustics) and the old 2.5 12....the new sdc 2.5 I should have said I read they sound good too

Silver Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 148
The new SDC2.5 has very good soundquality

In our testing it keeps up with the HDC3 until you max out its power rating and then the HDC runs away with it.

At a local show (midwest SPL) with 1-SDC2.512 clamped 488 watts it did 143.7. On 970 watts it did 144.4. The meter was the tl on the windshield legal db drag style. The box was 1.8 net ported 37hz in a Ford Explorer
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us