NEED HELP WITH CAR AUDIO

Username: Mikeyruubs

Post Number: 2
so i need some help... im putting a 3600W system in my 98 acura CL. I know most batteries put out 1000W so how can i get at least 3000W? im gonna get a amp but i still need the power. Theres no room for more alternators or batteries so i need somin else. capacitors?? mabey?

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA United States

Post Number: 124
a capacitor is nothing but a bandaid. for an amp that big, you need a High Output alternator. get a 200amp alt and replace your factory alt with this and do the big 3 upgrade. then for the amp power wire, get some 1/0 welding cable and a 300 amp fuse and run from the battery to the amp. there is no way around going with a ho alt and the big 3 upgrade. Capacitors are no good. PERIOD. www.db-starter-alternator.com this is where you can find some ho alts at. make sure you get high strand count wire, its more flexable than low strand wire. http://www.knukonceptz.com/ this is where you can pick up the wire at.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6813
" Capacitors are no good. PERIOD"

Some people are so misinformed. Do you realize that there are capacitors in amplifiers and in lots of things? They serve their uses and when used properly can be helpful. This is not one of those instances. To the original poser; you need a high output alternator and the proper wiring(Big 3) to fix your issues to provide sufficient power for that type of system.

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA United States

Post Number: 127
"This is not one of those instances. To the original poser; you need a high output alternator and the proper wiring(Big 3) to fix your issues to provide sufficient power for that type of system." thats what i said.in line caps are no good. i didn't say anything about caps inside stuff.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6822
"Capacitors are no good. PERIOD"

That's exactly what you said. There's no debate about it.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18084
rob you said "to the original poser" lol. poser?

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 390
lol we know what he ment. "poster" jus a mistype.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6863
"rob you said "to the original poser" lol. poser?"

Yea, I would have edited the post but it was too late because I had too many posts after that one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us