Subwoofer question

Bronze Member
Username: Fac3l3ss

Post Number: 39
well i'm just curious to know if this sub is any good, http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=9 i might get the 12w6's though just to save myself a little money...overall is jl any good?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 7288
JL is good. In my opinion, the W6 is the best sub they make.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
what would power 2 of them properly? and also 2 6.5 component speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 826
if money isnt a problem go with 2 12w6v2 and a JL 1000\1. Or a 13w6v2 with a JL 1000\1.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2295
Those subs are completely different. W7s are SQL subs, W6s are pure SQ.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
what is sql? i know sq=sound quality..and money isn't really that big of a problem i have no bigger love than the love of good sounding music :-) i know i like sound quality a lot though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
but i don't want to really sacrifice the thumping of a sub :-) if you know what i mean...i want a good mixture overall good sounding sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
wow that 1000/0 monoblock subwoofer amplifier is pricey $650-$750 american dollars...oh well will just take me awhile before i get it...1000/1 will that amp power 2 subs jl 12w6v2's?

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 748
I could do 600 and change BNIB. That isnt really that "pricey" considering you get exactly what you pay for.

The w6v2 is a better sub all around IMO.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
i saw a posting of yours earlier renegade...what would it cost for a jl 1000/1 amp and 1 w6v2? i'm also in canada do you ship to here?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
also with that amp can i hook up another 2 speakers? i plan on getting some speakers as well you know like 6.5's i think they are best for sound quality someone on here was telling me

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4310
you'll want a 2 channel amp for the 6.5" (components right?) and leave the mono amp for the subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
ok this is getting very helpful now considering i barely know nothing other than that i like my music a lot :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
so a sub that has 4 ohm could power 2 subs as well as 2 speakers as long as it didn't require a shitload of power? like say the subs were only 150 watts and speakers were only 150

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4312
huh? you mean running an amp to 2 subs and 2 speakers? don't.

basically get a nice set of components for the front and a 2 channel amp for them. leave the back speakers either stock or replace them with a nice pair of coax's and run them off the hu.

for the subs, pick how many you want and post the model, rms of each (or the rms power you need for all of them) and the vc of them (dual 4ohm vc, dual 2ohm vc, etc.) then we'll help you pick an amp for them.

good choice going with jl amps and the w6s', that'll be a nice setup. and definately get with renegades' for some nice prices.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
sweet thank you so much...but those back speakers usually 6x9's right? well what are they exactly used for mid bass? cause i would hate to miss out on midbass

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
also i'm such a newb what is hu? head unit? like just the cd deck itself? another person on here told me a cd deck advertises 50x4 when in reality he said you get a max of 17watts rms to each speaker from deck.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 884
SQL = Sound Quality and SPL/ combination of SQ and SPL... Are you serious... Yes it is a very nice sub. SQL is the way to go..JMO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us